There are 185 users in the forums

Ronda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather in an MMA fight

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
For anyone who is surprised about Rousey getting all this backlash, wtf did you expect? Yeah, gotta give her props for marketing and really making the most of her opportunity. I mean, her brand was really big. Shocked me actually because I didn't expect the general public to get so involved in women fighting. I don't care if that sounds sexist, its just the truth. I assumed she was SO dominant and no woman was really on her level so it wasn't a big deal. But damn was I wrong. People were really emotionally invested in her and her losing especially. So, she made people care about women's MMA which by itself is amazing. Her crossover to pop culture was crazy also.

But damn, did she get cocky when it came to her craft. Like most of us, she assumed there wasn't any competition. I'm no expert, but on her feet she looked like s**t. Shocking that this didn't get exposed earlier. After reading about Holm and finding out she was a boxer and the feet game is her comfort zone, with RR being the opposite, its complete lack of respect and cockiness for RR to try and trade punches. Like others have said, not shaking the hand. Her b******t post on IG and twitter. Yeah, this is what happens. You talk s**t, get your ass whooped and get backlash. If Floyd Mayweather ever loss, holy s**t I think the internet would break.

She got some humble pie. Good. Maybe it'll help her, or she'll get her ass kicked again. Either way, as of now, its nice to see a cocky a*****e get their ass handed to them after talking so much s**t.

This, she has had so many fueds also with other fighters and even a ring girl (jealousy) SMH, she refused to touch gloves with other fighters, she came across as a huge b***h on the Ultimate fighter show and even said she can beat up 50% of men in her weight class and beat can beat up Mayweather and now a report came a out a couple days ago that she beat up her ex-boyfriend because he took nude pics of her ......glad that b***h got knocked out!!
[ Edited by jimrat on Nov 16, 2015 at 10:18 AM ]
lol, and people were in here saying Rousey would beat Mayweather.

How about first she doesn't get her ass kicked by another girl before she goes running her mouth again
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

https://streamable.com/n8ni

LMAO!

That's the great Rousey?

Worst boxing ever
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
who said that? honestly. who the f**k ever said Ronday is the greatest fighter or the greatest thing since slice bread, like you put it...

People said she could take on Mayweather.....which is pretty insane thing to say
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
who said that? honestly. who the f**k ever said Ronday is the greatest fighter or the greatest thing since slice bread, like you put it...

People said she could take on Mayweather.....which is pretty insane thing to say

Without going into specifics which I already have in this thread, I still believe she would too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Without going into specifics which I already have in this thread, I still believe she would too.

LOL She just got pummeled by punches to the face by a 34 year old 134 pound woman and you still think she could take Floyd Mayweather. Um... ok
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

LOL She just got pummeled by punches to the face by a 34 year old 134 pound woman and you still think she could take Floyd Mayweather. Um... ok

This. Jesus man. Some people think she can beat a great male boxer still? Okay...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Well man I'm not sure how experience you are in fighting, but if you understood fighting like I do you would understand.

Well man I'm not sure how experience you are in fighting, but if you understood fighting like I do you would understand.

Oh, so you know more than everyone else and don't have a bias against Floyd. Do you think Floyd could do what Holm did except better?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Oh, so you know more than everyone else and don't have a bias against Floyd. Do you think Floyd could do what Holm did except better?

Like I said I don't wanna get into specifics because I pretty much already have in this thread, but let's just say Floyds game is very restricted.

To compare what Holm did to what you think Floyd can do is ignorance.

I think I just have a better understanding of MMA and boxing than the average bar room brawler.

Like I said I don't wanna get into specifics because I pretty much already have in this thread, but let's just say Floyds game is very restricted.

I think I just have a better understanding of MMA and boxing than the average bar room brawler.

To say Floyd's game is very restricted is pure ignorance IMO. But you're an expert.

To say Floyd's game is very restricted is pure ignorance IMO. But you're an expert.

LOL at this guy calling other's comments on this ignorant. Give me a break.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I never said I was an expert, I just have a better understanding of martial arts and boxing more than some people that think it would be a one-punch KO fight.

Someone mentioned he couldn't believe people think Rousey could win vs. Mayweather and I simply just said I still believe that she could.

I mean we can go back and fourth about who would win, both will never be proven wrong or right. So as it stands it's believe what you want...really.

My reasons for believing it are all in this thread all you or anyone have to do is go back and read or review, shoot I gotta do the same in most threads as a mod lol.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

LOL at this guy calling other's comments on this ignorant. Give me a break.

I said it's ignorance, I didn't say anyone was ignorant.

Example A: Blaine Gabbert WILL take the 49ers to the Super Bowl = ignorance is it not??

Floyd's "game" has nothing to do with this topic, because hes playing on a different level of competition. Rousey could beat plenty of regular guys, but to suggest she could beat the world's best male boxer is pretty ridiculous.
Share 49ersWebzone