There are 125 users in the forums

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics thread

Golden again.

Complete and utter domination. Way to go Canada.
That Canada D is legit

Somehow, Latvia gave Canada their hardest challenge
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
That Canada D is legit

The Fins were a tough game. But yes our D was sickening. Wish I were back in Canada right now to celebrate.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
That Canada D is legit

The Fins were a tough game. But yes our D was sickening. Wish I were back in Canada right now to celebrate.

I wish you were also
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
That Canada D is legit

I wish you were also

Thanks buddy
That Canada D is legit

i will have a nice cold canadian lager for you my friend
Originally posted by crabman82:
That Canada D is legit

Thanks dude. What part of the country you live in? I got up at quarter to 4 today to watch.
That Canada D is legit

Thanks dude. What part of the country you live in? I got up at quarter to 4 today to watch.

i'm in vancouver
i'm in vancouver

Nice. Grew up in Hamilton. Moved to Calgary prior to moving down here.
Congrats Canada. Next Olympics our USA Hockey squad needs to get over this hump that is Canadian Bacon . Both women's and men's. With that I need to send a shout out to my boy from the Blackhawks Captain Serious. He's so smooth and perhaps the best Canadian player. I'm applaud as to why Cindy Crosby gets to be named Captain of the team? Props to Sharp shooter and Duncan Teeth also.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Congrats Canada. Next Olympics our USA Hockey squad needs to get over this hump that is Canadian Bacon . Both women's and men's. With that I need to send a shout out to my boy from the Blackhawks Captain Serious. He's so smooth and perhaps the best Canadian player. I'm applaud as to why Cindy Crosby gets to be named Captain of the team? Props to Sharp shooter and Duncan Teeth also.

he was named the captain because he is viewed as the worlds best player and is also a captain of his own team. a side note is he didnt accept the captaincy until he knew toews was on board with it, thats the type of leader crosby is.
Who knew Russia had a sense of humor.

Originally posted by 4ML:
Oh s**t...3x runners up in WC. Is that a record for losing the WC Final?!? Euro Cup Champs in 1988? lol bragging about a win before the cold war?

...and who is bragging about NFL in this thread? I lived and worked in Europe for 2 years...no one bragged about NFL to a bunch of ppl who don't even understand the game. NFL fans brag to other NFL fans. And yes, NFL is a domestic sport. Basketball and baseball were too at one point. Any sport that was ever invented was played domestically first.

...and no - I wouldn't find comical if Mexicans kept bragging about some sport no one else in the World played. You know why? Because I don't live in a country that is more popular around the World for it's legalized prostitution than losing 3 World Cup Finals.

lol still can't believe you listed 3x runners up in something as an accomplishment...then talk about mediocrity.

Only 8 Nations on the entire globe have won the World Cup

If you consider 1988 the medieval times then what exactly is your view on 1980 "Miracle on Ice" or Jesse Owens in 1936 Nazi Germany? But 1992 Dream Team gets a pass? What has USA accomplished since with it's enormous population, size, resources and addiction to athletics.
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:

If you consider 1988 the medieval times then what exactly is your view on 1980 "Miracle on Ice" or Jesse Owens in 1936 Nazi Germany? But 1992 Dream Team gets a pass? What has USA accomplished since with it's enormous population, size, resources and addiction to athletics.

We don't care about the same sports that the rest of the world care about. I don't know what's so complicated about this. We couldn't possibly give less of a s**t about speedskating, or the vast majority of Winter or Summer Olympic sports, and we still have more than twice the amount of medals in the Summer/Winter Olympics (2,681) than the next closest country.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 23, 2014 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 1981_Champions:

We don't care about the same sports that the rest of the world care about. I don't know what's so complicated about this. We couldn't possibly give less of a s**t about speedskating, or the vast majority of Winter or Summer Olympic sports, and we still have more than twice the amount of medals in the Summer/Winter Olympics (2,681) than the next closest country.

This. The Dutch coach is an idiot.
Share 49ersWebzone