There are 225 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Alabama can run themselves into another championship. Beast offensive line and another talented defense, LBs look like monsters

Bama looked great but when compared to a Big 11 school, even one ranked as high as Michigan was, there's no comparison. At a minimum, four SEC West teams could've done that to Michigan and they're supposed to be the best team in that conference. I'M PRAYING for USC to dominate the Pac-12 and play either LSU or Bama in Miami.

Yeah, several SEC teams could have dominated. Thing is Alabama has a lot of NFL talent on that team that should be able to handle anyone outside of the SEC. LSU may be the only contender to do so IMO
  • zero
  • Veteran
Saturday, November 3rd at 7pm CDT in Baton Rouge is going to be another epic game. Minimum ticket price as of now on stubhub is $300 per ticket. Both teams should be undefeated at that point too with LSU's tough games coming @ Auburn and home against South Carolina, while Alabama has Arky in two weeks @ Fayetteville. Other then that there shouldn't be anything separating these juggernauts.
Virginia Tech Georgia Tech going to OT in ESPN
Kind of a lousy week of college football coming up. No ranked teams playing each other.

The 2 games I am intereted in though are:
Washignton at LSU
-LSU is a very stacked team, but Keith Price is one hell of a QB and sophmore WR Kasen Williams and sophmore TE Seferian-Jenkins are talented. But LSU is just way too much and way too deep. LSU should turn it into a blow out.

Georgia at Missouri
-This game could decide the SEC East Winner. Missouri is led by dual threat QB Franklin and will be playing at home. Georgie will be playing 2 frosh RBs and their D didn't look that great against Buffalo. I'm going to mark this as my upset alert!!! (I was pretty close last week, but Clemson pull off the comeback victory).
My wolverines got raped across the board. Just couldn't handle Alabama in the trenches at all
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Kind of a lousy week of college football coming up. No ranked teams playing each other.

The 2 games I am intereted in though are:
Washignton at LSU
-LSU is a very stacked team, but Keith Price is one hell of a QB and sophmore WR Kasen Williams and sophmore TE Seferian-Jenkins are talented. But LSU is just way too much and way too deep. LSU should turn it into a blow out.

Georgia at Missouri
-This game could decide the SEC East Winner. Missouri is led by dual threat QB Franklin and will be playing at home. Georgie will be playing 2 frosh RBs and their D didn't look that great against Buffalo. I'm going to mark this as my upset alert!!! (I was pretty close last week, but Clemson pull off the comeback victory).

f**king Mandel is stealing my s**t!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/09/05/week-2-pickoff/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a0

lol

Anyways I'll start picking the same games he does. He is IMO the best college football writer.
Washington at LSU
-SM says LSU, I agree

Nebraska at UCLA
-SM says Nebraska, I'm going with.....UCLA. Thats right, another SDN upset special. Nebraska will be without Rex Burkhead and I'm going to go out on a limb and say their QB Martinez will fall back to normal and not light it up in the air. UCLA has a much better D and a lot of Martinez's passing success was off play action to wide open recievers. Key to the game IMO will be UCLA's RB Franklin who should come close to 200 total yards.

Oklahoma State at Arizona
- SM says OSU, I agree. Cowboys will be starting a frosh QB on the road, but talent for talent, Arizona doesn't stand a chance.

Kansas State at Miami
-SM says Kansas State. This is a tough game to pick because I don't think Kansas State is very good, and Miami isn't as awful as some might think. But I got to go with KSU because I just don't see much of anything on their D.

Florida at Texas A&M
-SM says Florida in a tight game. I'm going to roll with Florida on this one but by 7+. I think Florida's front 7 talent and depth will eventually take over the game and shut down A&M.

Auburn at Miss St
-SM says Auburn, I agree.

Iowa at Iowa St
-Iowa St seems to really give Iowa trouble, but I agree with SM that Iowa wins

Vandy at Northwestern
-Now this will be an interesting game.SM says Vandy. I agree because Northwestern's D looks like its awful.

Illinois at ASU
-SM says ASU, I agree but the game will probably be a close one.

Georgia at Mizzou
-SM says Mizzou in his upset pick, and I agree with him.

Week 1 Performance:
SM: 9-1
Me: 8-2 (I would not have picked Penn State to lose to Ohio)
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We are gonna get WORKED against USC!!!

+42

c'mon man. the only question was whether or not we were gonna beat the spread.
Watching MISS ST. against Auburn and I'm impressed with QB for Mississippi.. It's the first I've watched of him so I don't know If he is having a great game or if he always plays this good... It's 21-10 Mississippi with 3 minutes left in the 3rd
With all the penalties and sanctions, couldn't one of them have been less televised games.

Yes, I'm talking about you, Penn St.
Auburn is down right horrendous this year.... WOW

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Tulane's safety was hurt really bad today from a collision on the field. Reports are a broken neck and collapsed lung. I really hope he's gonna be ok
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Tulane's safety was hurt really bad today from a collision on the field. Reports are a broken neck and collapsed lung. I really hope he's gonna be ok

Just show that on the highlights.. Hope everything turns out alright for him
Originally posted by luv49rs:

Good news is they are reporting he is in stable condition. Awful injury and my prayers go out to him and his family.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
M-I-Z!!!!!!!!

Good sh!t, Rees. 2-0
Share 49ersWebzone