LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

• Jiks
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
24 hours away and ill be sitting in my seats!!! Got one of the toughest opponents in the NCAA to get things started. Yeah Pac 12! Gonna be a good year I thinks.

GO UTES!!!!!!!!

Do you mean weakest competition in week 1? Northern Colorado was one of 2 teams to lose every game in division 2 last year.

This better be a complete blowout. After tomorrow our schedule gets brutal though. So it's good to have hopefully a practice game before it gets tough.
  • Jiks
41-0 not to bad. A little shaky scoring in the first but then we took off. The talent is definitely there. Still a bit worried about QB though, but our defense is good regardless if we were playing a crap team or not. They couldn't do anything.
Wow! SMH all over the place

http://deadspin.com/5939452/stupidest-football-play-in-history-occurs-as-player-returns-fumble-58-yards-in-wrong-direction-only-to-have-opponents-tackle-him
41-0 not to bad. A little shaky scoring in the first but then we took off. The talent is definitely there. Still a bit worried about QB though, but our defense is good regardless if we were playing a crap team or not. They couldn't do anything.

We steamrolled Northern Arizona. I couldn't catch the game though....

But word is our QB can't throw the deep ball, our true freshman RB Foster is one hell of a player, we don't commit penalties and are actually disciplined , and we are going to run the ball a ton in a hurry up offense and blitz a bunch on D.

Illinois next week for a real game!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

We steamrolled Northern Arizona. I couldn't catch the game though....

But word is our QB can't throw the deep ball, our true freshman RB Foster is one hell of a player, we don't commit penalties and are actually disciplined , and we are going to run the ball a ton in a hurry up offense and blitz a bunch on D.

Illinois next week for a real game!

SunDevil.... I was waiting for your picks! Do you only do PAC-12 games???
Originally posted by AC49er:
SunDevil.... I was waiting for your picks! Do you only do PAC-12 games???
You mean game picks or conference finishes picks?

For the big games this week, I think there will be some dissapointing games among the big matchups.

-Michigan State should win by 2 TDs over Boise.
-Alabama should win by 2 TDs over Michigan

Upset alert:
Auburn over Clemson. Last year it was a thriller of a game and razor close. Clemson's D is suspect and will be without Watkins who is suspended.

Game that will be closer then you think:
Arkansas State at Oregon. I know I know, I'm crazy. But Arkansas State is the kind scrappy mid major with a dual threat QB that can cause a heavy favourite problems. Oregon should win by double digits, but don't be surprised if the box score is close in the first half before Oregon pulls away.

Another big game is Georgia Tech at Virgina Tech
-I think VT wins by 10. I love Georgia Tech's unconventional style, but VT's D is pretty sick and their QB Logan will do enough to makes sure the game is out of reach

Edit: If you catch tonight's game of Michigan State-Boise State, check out RB Le'Veon Bell on MSU. Dark horse heisman?!?
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 31, 2012 at 5:27 PM ]
Why is ND plaing Navy across the pond?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We are gonna get WORKED against USC!!!

+42
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

+42

No one is surprised

Dat yeldon doe!
lol, what a disappointing day of football. Other than Clemson/Auburn, all the games with ranked teams were blowouts.

Alabama can run themselves into another championship. Beast offensive line and another talented defense, LBs look like monsters
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

+42

No one is surprised

Dat yeldon doe!

WHAT???
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Wow! SMH all over the place

http://deadspin.com/5939452/stupidest-football-play-in-history-occurs-as-player-returns-fumble-58-yards-in-wrong-direction-only-to-have-opponents-tackle-him

Whoa. Speechless
Wow ok. St. Covered the spread. They were giving 67 and won 84-0.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Alabama can run themselves into another championship. Beast offensive line and another talented defense, LBs look like monsters

Bama looked great but when compared to a Big 11 school, even one ranked as high as Michigan was, there's no comparison. At a minimum, four SEC West teams could've done that to Michigan and they're supposed to be the best team in that conference. I'M PRAYING for USC to dominate the Pac-12 and play either LSU or Bama in Miami.
Share 49ersWebzone