There are 168 users in the forums

2012 NCAA Football thread

Oregon State upset? Not bad. I never saw that coming.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Mizzou's new jerseys are siiiiiiiiiiick

[ Edited by jrg on Sep 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Taylor Martinez 92 yard run...
Fresno State-Oregon is suddenly interesting again. My Bulldogs had been getting blown out. Now? It will still take a minor miracle, but the Dogs are playing tough!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Dorial Green-Beckham will be the #1 WR in the nation soon.
Gus Johnson making a good UCLA-Nebraska game even better.
Mora Jr will turn UCLA around.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Upset weekend!!!!
Go bruins!!
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Good sh!t, Rees. 2-0

Refs gave ND that win. Go Boilers!

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Good sh!t, Rees. 2-0

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Kind of a lousy week of college football coming up. No ranked teams playing each other.

The 2 games I am intereted in though are:
Washignton at LSU
-LSU is a very stacked team, but Keith Price is one hell of a QB and sophmore WR Kasen Williams and sophmore TE Seferian-Jenkins are talented. But LSU is just way too much and way too deep. LSU should turn it into a blow out.

Georgia at Missouri
-This game could decide the SEC East Winner. Missouri is led by dual threat QB Franklin and will be playing at home. Georgie will be playing 2 frosh RBs and their D didn't look that great against Buffalo. I'm going to mark this as my upset alert!!! (I was pretty close last week, but Clemson pull off the comeback victory).

f**king Mandel is stealing my s**t!
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/stewart_mandel/09/05/week-2-pickoff/index.html?sct=cf_t11_a0

lol

Anyways I'll start picking the same games he does. He is IMO the best college football writer.
Washington at LSU
-SM says LSU, I agree

Nebraska at UCLA
-SM says Nebraska, I'm going with.....UCLA. Thats right, another SDN upset special. Nebraska will be without Rex Burkhead and I'm going to go out on a limb and say their QB Martinez will fall back to normal and not light it up in the air. UCLA has a much better D and a lot of Martinez's passing success was off play action to wide open recievers. Key to the game IMO will be UCLA's RB Franklin who should come close to 200 total yards.

Oklahoma State at Arizona
- SM says OSU, I agree. Cowboys will be starting a frosh QB on the road, but talent for talent, Arizona doesn't stand a chance.

Kansas State at Miami
-SM says Kansas State. This is a tough game to pick because I don't think Kansas State is very good, and Miami isn't as awful as some might think. But I got to go with KSU because I just don't see much of anything on their D.

Florida at Texas A&M
-SM says Florida in a tight game. I'm going to roll with Florida on this one but by 7+. I think Florida's front 7 talent and depth will eventually take over the game and shut down A&M.

Auburn at Miss St
-SM says Auburn, I agree.

Iowa at Iowa St
-Iowa St seems to really give Iowa trouble, but I agree with SM that Iowa wins

Vandy at Northwestern
-Now this will be an interesting game.SM says Vandy. I agree because Northwestern's D looks like its awful.

Illinois at ASU
-SM says ASU, I agree but the game will probably be a close one.

Georgia at Mizzou
-SM says Mizzou in his upset pick, and I agree with him.

Week 1 Performance:
SM: 9-1
Me: 8-2 (I would not have picked Penn State to lose to Ohio)

Update. ?

I saw you hit UCLA and was looking good in the first half of the Mizzo pick.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Mizzou played awful
Pac-12 (Utah, Colorado, Washington, Cal)

Pac-12 (Arizona, Arizona St., Oregon St., UCLA)

Pac-12 (Stanford, USC, Washington St., Oregon)
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Good sh!t, Rees. 2-0

That pic isn't coming up for me.
Share 49ersWebzone