Greatest Athlete of All Time (Pol)

• mod
  • Veteran
1. Michael Jordan
2. Jerry Rice
3. Michael Phelps
4. Muhammed Ali
5. Carl Lewis
6. Jim Thorpe (this dude did everything)
7. Diego Maradonna
8. Wayne Gretzky
9. Pele
10. Mark Spitz
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Today is a sad day for me. I really thought you guys would be realistic here.

I see some of you naming Gretsky? Comeon! or calling for Bo Jackson? whas he ever the best at either sport?

Babe Ruth is a legend and IMO the greatest baseball player ever but you have to look at the eras here no way Ruth dominates like he did in any other era. He was just adhead of his time a HR hitter before there really were HR hitters.

Nobody EVER dominated their sport like Jordan nobody ever has or ever will.

The end all of this debate is simple there is no other sport where the greatest of all time is not disputed other than basketball where everyone agress the GOAT is Michael Jordan.

Tiger Woods dislikes this.

Tiger Woods plays golf, golf while difficult is not a major sport.

ok.

I see some of you naming Gretsky? Comeon! or calling for Bo Jackson? whas he ever the best at either sport?

Babe Ruth is a legend and IMO the greatest baseball player ever but you have to look at the eras here no way Ruth dominates like he did in any other era. He was just adhead of his time a HR hitter before there really were HR hitters.

The end all of this debate is simple there is no other sport where the greatest of all time is not disputed other than basketball where everyone agress the GOAT is Michael Jordan.

Tiger Woods dislikes this.

Tiger Woods plays golf, golf while difficult is not a major sport.

ok.

i agree. golf might be tough, but i don't consider any golfers 'athletes'
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Secretariat.

Case closed

No Secretariat?
Isn't that title given to the Olympic Decathlon Gold medal winner? Multiple skill sets. Strength/endurance/etc.

Bruce Jenner.

Secretariat.

Case closed

No Secretariat?

It's a goddamn horse, lol. You may as well vote for Chester Cheetah.
George St. Pierre :)

Never wrestled professionally but out wrestles champions in MMA. He's so good that the Canada wanted him to wrestle for the national team in the olympics.
i think jordan is the best but wheres willie mays?
yup, gretzky dominated hockey more than MJ dominated basketball.

it's just that basketball is a more popular ($$$) sport that hockey.
honestly i like Jackie Robinson in this debate. especially since baseball wasn't his best sport.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Secretariat.

Case closed

No Secretariat?

It's a goddamn horse, lol. You may as well vote for Chester Cheetah.

but, but, but, ESPN always puts him in the conversation, and they of course KNOW what they are talking about!
Originally posted by modninerfan:
1. Michael Jordan
2. Jerry Rice
3. Michael Phelps
4. Muhammed Ali
5. Carl Lewis
6. Jim Thorpe (this dude did everything)
7. Diego Maradonna
8. Wayne Gretzky
9. Pele
10. Mark Spitz

how could you put Phelps above Ali? Ali's #1 for me, and Jordan #2.
John Kruk
this is greatest player not athleth they are two different things
player- MJ
athlecth- Usane Bolt or michael phelps
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Well there you go.... the expert has closed the debate and there is no reason to discuss it further. Love the part where you see into the future.

My point is before Jordan no team ever won a championship without dominate big man or 2 (Rodman is a rebounder not a dominate big man) and no one has since him. He won the way no other player ever won before.

Oh really? What dominant big man did the 74-75 Golden State Warriors have? Clifford Ray? LOL... If that is the criteria why dont you make Rick Barry the greatest athlete ever. Jordan had more talent with him than Barry did.
Share 49ersWebzone