Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 642 users in the forums

SF Giants Championship Parade thread

Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Just got back into Sacto and pictures are up on Facebook. I'll post them here next. I didn't get great shots of the players (wasn't trying). But I got some cool stuff you might like.

This was one HELL of an experience. Glad we went.

But -- I'm with Stoney on this -- I'm damned POOPED!

yeah I got there at about 630. I left as the ceremony started. Stood in the way back for partof it but couldn't stand it anymore. My knee brace was cutting my leg and I was falling asleep. I got home around 330.

I hear you man. I had to move out after about four hours. But damn wifey stayed for the entire damn event -- right up through Tony and "I left my Heart in San Francisco."
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Just got back into Sacto and pictures are up on Facebook. I'll post them here next. I didn't get great shots of the players (wasn't trying). But I got some cool stuff you might like.

This was one HELL of an experience. Glad we went.

But -- I'm with Stoney on this -- I'm damned POOPED!

yeah I got there at about 630. I left as the ceremony started. Stood in the way back for partof it but couldn't stand it anymore. My knee brace was cutting my leg and I was falling asleep. I got home around 330.

I hear you man. I had to move out after about four hours. But damn wifey stayed for the entire damn event -- right up through Tony and "I left my Heart in San Francisco."

I'm glad they finally played that song. I was gonna be pissed if I didn't hear it at some point.
Putting these up again in case some of you missed them. Obvioulsy -- those of us who went? We were very close to one another...

Too bad no cellphones worked.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Okay, here they are. Not as impressive as the earlier player photos -- because -- well -- I tend to focus more on the wife.

So -- we hopped on the Capitol Corridor Train out of Sacto at 7 AM and took BART out of Richmond. Great move. By the time we got out of Berkeley -- it was jam packed.



This woman was standing right across from us -- and I had to get a picture of this shirt. She made this. Yep -- it says "Everything's Bigger in Texas" and she scrawled the words SAN FRANCISCO right across the top. It was -- by far -- the most original shirt I saw the whole time.



Picture of our BART Train heading under the Bay. We were packed in there like sardines.



Big Bill Bird really needs to shed a few big pounds...



Love this picture for a variety of reasons. Once we got off BART -- Venus and I made a beeline for the satellite TV trucks parked on the side of SF City Hall. We're both former reporter types -- and we both still have friends who still work in the biz -- and that's wifey with FOX 40 Video Journalist Dan Slack.



Going over to the Sat trucks was a great move as barriers were suddenly removed and Venus and I rushed in -- very close to City Hall. Some people stayed up all night to get as close as we got.



The really cool thing? SF Giants Rally towels. Organizers were throwing these into the crowds by the tens of tens during the rally -- but everyone wanted them. I got lucky and grabbed one of the first. Wifey got even luckier and grabbed a packet of six that had been launched high into the air. This is one of my favorite shots. You literally got TRAMPLED every time one of these rally towels went up...



This is how close we were to the stage.



SF City Hall staffers came out during the lunch hour to enjoy the view of the crowd.



I'm told that there were a million and a half people there. Not too sure about it -- but I've never been in a crowd like this before. There was no way to hook up with people -- other zoners -- or friends -- unless you came with them. The cell towers were so jammed with traffic that most cellphones were rendered useless.

I'll never forget this. A great freaking event!
Bart was packed as all hell, got to the Civic Center around 8am. Got about 20 feet away from the barricades up in the front. Was hot as hell, crowded beyond belief, knees, back and feet were aching. LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT.

Been waiting my whole life for this parade, so happy to have been a part of it. Stayed for every second.
Originally posted by kidash:
The estimated 500,000 was short, IMO. Civic Center was hella freakin packed!!! My wife almost got into it with some rude ass people trying to push their way in and we had the little one with us, almost getting run over by folks! One of the few times I loved her for being a bizquit yelling at people!

- 98

The run in wouldn't have happened to be with a tall Italian dude and a short Brazilian chick by chance?
It's just sad to think we'll see another 49ers victory parade in San Francisco.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by kidash:
The estimated 500,000 was short, IMO. Civic Center was hella freakin packed!!! My wife almost got into it with some rude ass people trying to push their way in and we had the little one with us, almost getting run over by folks! One of the few times I loved her for being a bizquit yelling at people!

- 98

The run in wouldn't have happened to be with a tall Italian dude and a short Brazilian chick by chance?

Oh s**t!
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by kidash:
The estimated 500,000 was short, IMO. Civic Center was hella freakin packed!!! My wife almost got into it with some rude ass people trying to push their way in and we had the little one with us, almost getting run over by folks! One of the few times I loved her for being a bizquit yelling at people!

- 98

The run in wouldn't have happened to be with a tall Italian dude and a short Brazilian chick by chance?

I had a big dude behind me. Yep -- even bigger than me -- and that's rare. He was probably 6'4 or 6'5 and a lean and mean 250-260 lbs. He was forever shoving his elbow into my side and back.

I solved the problem by giving him one of my many Giants rally towels. From that point on -- he was as nice as pie.

But there were others pressing hard. Got hard to breathe. When I started to get dizzy and feeling like I was going to lose whatever food I had in my stomach -- I knew it was time to get out and get hydrated.

But wifey? She's tougher than me. She's also six years younger. She stuck it out until the Fat Tony sung.

Oh yeah -- by the way -- the smell of POT wasn't helping either. It was rather overpowering.

BOTTOM LINE: We went -- we saw -- we experienced the entire thing. People will be talking about this event for decades to come.

And we were there.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 3, 2010 at 10:34 PM ]



I had this song in my head the whole time during the parade.

2010 belongs to the Gmen!
Man, I was at the corner of Jones and McAllister, and man oh man thank goodness I got there at 9am b/c it was ridiculous!

Ppl were climbing up fire escapes, sitting on 10 ft plywood walkways...hell, ppl were sitting on-top of the crosswalk lights while drinking a 40! F'IN AMAZING!!!!

Also, Brian Wilson jumped out of his bus right in front of me and started going crazy in front of everyone, and it only made us scream louder!

The nicest part was that there was this family in front of me (7 little girls and two moms, all under 4'10 thank goodness, lol), but since it was so crazy the moms put a stroller behind their girls to make sure they didn't get trampled. Instead of getting all riled up and mad about the extra space, all the fans made sure no one got near the family so they could enjoy it as well.

Just goes to show we're not just Giants fans, we're all united as San Franciscans







Oh, and THE GIANTS ARE F*CKING WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me and gold and my other buddy took the Bart to frisco the Bart was free by the way we had a breakfast Of champions Jack Daniels and water. Once there We got some
Vodka we partied our ass off hella fine ass b***hes every where very nice talent and we got kick out the Bart train coming back lol f**kin epic!!
Some of my pics...
[ Edited by SacRock14 on Nov 4, 2010 at 12:03 AM ]
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Some of my pics...

Oh s**t, u were a less than a block away from me! U get a pic of those guys climb up the bank on the fire escape wit the cops chasing after them? I won't lie, I was hella jealous of the ppl who got to chill in the hotel rooms on the corner, lol
^ haha, naw. I didn't see that. All the cops seemed pretty chill. Playing with the crowd, taking pics.

Some of those people had sweet views from the window. But I think it was better being in the action.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
^ haha, naw. I didn't see that. All the cops seemed pretty chill. Playing with the crowd, taking pics.

Some of those people had sweet views from the window. But I think it was better being in the action.

True, I was glad I got to be a part of the insanity

It was funny, the cops were chill until the ppl got on the fire escape. Of the 30 ppl piled onto the fire escape, 15 of them ran up a ladder onto the roof, and the cops gave the "F that" look and let them camp out on the top of the bank. It was cool that the cops let them off after they got down and showed them how to get to civic center
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone