There are 169 users in the forums

SF Giants Championship Parade thread

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'll post my pics a little later. I'm friggin pooped.

How many people do you think were there dude?

It's hard to tell from the middle of the crowd, but I'd say easily in the 100,00's of thousands. I got to Civic Center early and watched it fill in. Then they had video screen showing the parade, and I kept seeing blocks and blocks deep of people watching the actual parade. Who knows if it was 500,000, a million, 1.5. All I know is it was PACKED!!!
i bet bart made a s**t ton of money today
The estimated 500,000 was short, IMO. Civic Center was hella freakin packed!!! My wife almost got into it with some rude ass people trying to push their way in and we had the little one with us, almost getting run over by folks! One of the few times I loved her for being a bizquit yelling at people!

Originally posted by teeohh:
i bet bart made a s**t ton of money today

And amazingly, I went from the street outside of Civic Center to sitting on a moving train in under 5 minutes. I have no idea how. I got in a cutty on the side line through the ticket gates, down the stairs, and onto a doors open and waiting train that nobody was getting on or sitting in. I don't know if it was because it was a Fremont train and nobody wanted to transfer later, but I couldn't believe it.
Here are some of my pics:

I'll post a few more later.
If you look carefully you can see Bouchy and the World Series Trophy:

Willie riding on the back:
^^^^Those are all killer picks, G!

Here's one Stoney sent earlier.

Sick pics, guys. If I got any good ones, I'll throw them up on here later. Most of the time I was just screaming and clapping.

Exhausted! Hell of a day though. We got in early, around 7:30am. Took BART in from Pleasanton. Lots of people but the chaos wasn't in full form yet. We grabbed a spot on the rail around 8:30 and just posted up for a while. People started flooding in and we were in prime position.

So awesome. Seeing all the guys. Crowd going nuts. Great day.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'll post my pics a little later. I'm friggin pooped.

How many people do you think were there dude?

It's hard to tell from the middle of the crowd, but I'd say easily in the 100,00's of thousands. I got to Civic Center early and watched it fill in. Then they had video screen showing the parade, and I kept seeing blocks and blocks deep of people watching the actual parade. Who knows if it was 500,000, a million, 1.5. All I know is it was PACKED!!!

You b***h!!! You left me high and dry!!!!

Too bad we couldn't hook up.
Just got back into Sacto and pictures are up on Facebook. I'll post them here next. I didn't get great shots of the players (wasn't trying). But I got some cool stuff you might like.

This was one HELL of an experience. Glad we went.

But -- I'm with Stoney on this -- I'm damned POOPED!
Okay, here they are. Not as impressive as the earlier player photos -- because -- well -- I tend to focus more on the wife.

So -- we hopped on the Capitol Corridor Train out of Sacto at 7 AM and took BART out of Richmond. Great move. By the time we got out of Berkeley -- it was jam packed.

This woman was standing right across from us -- and I had to get a picture of this shirt. She made this. Yep -- it says "Everything's Bigger in Texas" and she scrawled the words SAN FRANCISCO right across the top. It was -- by far -- the most original shirt I saw the whole time.

Picture of our BART Train heading under the Bay. We were packed in there like sardines.

Big Bill Bird really needs to shed a few big pounds...

Love this picture for a variety of reasons. Once we got off BART -- Venus and I made a beeline for the satellite TV trucks parked on the side of SF City Hall. We're both former reporter types -- and we both still have friends who still work in the biz -- and that's wifey with FOX 40 Video Journalist Dan Slack.

Going over to the Sat trucks was a great move as barriers were suddenly removed and Venus and I rushed in -- very close to City Hall. Some people stayed up all night to get as close as we got.

The really cool thing? SF Giants Rally towels. Organizers were throwing these into the crowds by the tens of tens during the rally -- but everyone wanted them. I got lucky and grabbed one of the first. Wifey got even luckier and grabbed a packet of six that had been launched high into the air. This is one of my favorite shots. You literally got TRAMPLED every time one of these rally towels went up...

This is how close we were to the stage.

SF City Hall staffers came out during the lunch hour to enjoy the view of the crowd.

I'm told that there were a million and a half people there. Not too sure about it -- but I've never been in a crowd like this before. There was no way to hook up with people -- other zoners -- or friends -- unless you came with them. The cell towers were so jammed with traffic that most cellphones were rendered useless.

I'll never forget this. A great freaking event!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Just got back into Sacto and pictures are up on Facebook. I'll post them here next. I didn't get great shots of the players (wasn't trying). But I got some cool stuff you might like.

This was one HELL of an experience. Glad we went.

But -- I'm with Stoney on this -- I'm damned POOPED!

yeah I got there at about 630. I left as the ceremony started. Stood in the way back for partof it but couldn't stand it anymore. My knee brace was cutting my leg and I was falling asleep. I got home around 330.
Share 49ersWebzone