LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - November 13, 2010 / Cowboys Stadium

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Finally somebody's going to walk away with a win at Cowboys Stadium!

Post Of thee day!
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Why does the Paquioao camp always have some type of excuse ready as a scapegoat?

DLH is old, but taller, Cotto is stronger, camp not going well, tsunami in the Phillipines, catch weight,drawing blood, fighting a black dude, lol etc.

Dude is gonna win obviously to set up Floyd vs Pac.

Like I said before though, SERGIO MARTINEZ AND PAUL WILLIAMS are the true contenders. NOBODY wants a piece of these cats.

I'll give you that Paul Williams deserves a chance, but don't even think Martinez deserves ANY chance to fight Pacman! he hasn't done shyt in the sense of earning any possibility of a match and can only snag Williams b/c for some reason no one can properly promote him

I would LOVE to see a Williams vs Pacman bout if Floyd doesn't fight, though he needs to get new representation b/c a guy of his caliber not being in any large PPV bouts is ludicrous, especially with Pacman and Floyd looking like they're on their ways out of the sport.

I guess you didn't see him in against Pavlik. And you obviously didn't see the first Williams fight either.

Saw the Pavlik (thought Pavlik was robbed), but you're right that I didn't see the first bout with Williams, though I plan to watch the bout on the 20th

If Pacman moves up again in weight, maybe, but just don't think he deserves a bout with either Pacman or PBF. Should've had a rematch against Pavlik, but Pavlik didn't wanna waste time with him and moved on to a better weight class. Williams does deserve it though, but he needs three things:

1. Better promoter (For a fighter as good as he is, no one outside of the purists know who he is b/c no one has properly promoted him, ESPECIALLY with his aggressive style of fighting everyone loves to watch (39-1, 27 KO)

2. Marquee matches (fight famous fighters, even if they're not as good as they once were, gets his name out)

3. Develop a larger following (By getting a better promoter and fighting bigger names, ppl will get to see how awesome he is and get even the most casual of fans anticipating his next move. I would try to swing an American tag to him, i.e. PBF. By being the "best P4P American fighter", he'll at least have a group of ppl identify with him when he fights international fighters with huge followings)

Those three things will get guys like Arum and DLH to wanna schedule their premiere fighters against him.

On a side note, how's your cousin doing? Loved his last bout and can't wait to watch his next one (I'm still bummed out he didn't get put into the tournament for the vacated belt)

We can't get him any fights. We have been trying to get him something substantial but all the fight cards are pretty much set for the end of the year. We might do a Telefutura card with a lesser opponent just to keep him busy. I am trying to get one of our sparring sessions taped so I can post here.

That sucks dude, I like how well his technique is developed and how he fights "smart" rather than "balls to the wall". He definitely personifies what boxing should be about and definitely can't wait to see his next bout. Also, if he fights up in the bay lemme kno b/c i'll snag a ticket front row

He fought up in Sacto last year. I am hoping Golden Boy can put him in a start up fight for a pay per view fight early next year. Hopefully to get some momentum to a high profile fight late next year.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Post Of thee day!

+2
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Post Of thee day!

+2

Manny Pacquiao is going to have a better record than the Cowboys in their house
Go Manny!!!
just copped this manny p tee today.. it's red so i finna wear it to the niner game sunday

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?cp=usns_CSE_081109_Become&l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-384220/pgid-384221#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-384220/pgid-384221
Anyone notice what a douchebag Margo's lil sidekick Rios is?

Originally posted by HaiGuise:

That's facepalm status, but that video looks like some Pacquio jockrider made it.

''Please download and post it on your paborite website.''

WTF?

BTW this is boxing. THEE most shadiest sport in the world.

Steriods, cheating, pay offs, etc.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Brandon is actually a cool cat. I don't know why he is acting like this but he was always nice to us. We sat with brandon and Robert at the Mosley vs. Mora fight.
two more days son!

Margarita gets KTFO in the 3rd round... FOCK THAT PUTO!...
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
Margarita gets KTFO in the 3rd round... FOCK THAT PUTO!...

in that faceoff.. roach said pac would knock him out within 8 rounds

i don't take any of pac's opponents lightly.. but i believe him
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
pacquiao is one crazy mutha. he's so much shorter and margarito has a granite jaw who can also give as much as he can take.
is Margarito even any good anymore?
Margarito looks like Luigi
Share 49ersWebzone