LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - November 13, 2010 / Cowboys Stadium

Originally posted by titan:
Fight is really getting heated with Margarito camp really being confident. They think Manny's punching power and speed will not be a factor. They think they are just going to savagely maul pacman with his size and power.

Margarito is taking this fight seriously.

Dude is in crazy shape.

I don't know what kind of Maragarito we'll see

BUT

I don't think the promoters are going to let Manny lose, maybe even pay off Margarito to lose, to secure the big money fight looming in Floyd .

The Floyd vs Pac fights could go up to three times.
I know I might get flamed but that is how the fight sportsworld works.

Not that much in MMA of course, because they can get some douchebag bum off the suburbs and pay him pennies to fight , then bail on him a year later.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^That's a ridiculous statement and it sounds like you are saying if Pacman has a chance or he does win it is because Margarito let him. Margarito will not sell the fight because if he beats Pacman the $$$$$$$$$$$$$will be rolling his way. With that being said Margarito looks the bigger,better, and more prepared fighter going in to this fight. I watched 24/7 last night ang Margarito is conditioned and ready and Manny looks very flat and his muscle fullness is not close to where he used to be at his normal 147. He has tired fatigue muscles and hopefully can be corrected this week.
^That's a ridiculous statement and it sounds like you are saying if Pacman has a chance or he does win it is because Margarito let him. Margarito will not sell the fight because if he beats Pacman the $$$$$$$$$$$$$will be rolling his way. With that being said Margarito looks the bigger,better, and more prepared fighter going in to this fight. I watched 24/7 last night ang Margarito is conditioned and ready and Manny looks very flat and his muscle fullness is not close to where he used to be at his normal 147. He has tired fatigue muscles and hopefully can be corrected this week.

His been busy with other crap in the Philippines and not gonna be surprise if he loses. I am filipino by the way.
Originally posted by nothing03:

His been busy with other crap in the Philippines and not gonna be surprise if he loses. I am filipino by the way.

Sorry, lol Had to do it.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by nothing03:

Sorry, lol Had to do it.

Ruffled my feathers man! Lmao
T-minus 5 day....GO PAC-MAN!!!!

As much as ppl have been punking on Pacman about his training or how Margarito looks like a mauler and is in super shape, let's not forget a few things:

1. People thought Hatton had too much for Pacman and that his strength couldn't hold up to Hatton. Result: 2nd round obliteration!!!

2. Cotto appeared to be in the best shape and was thought to be too big for Pacman to handle. Result: 9 rounds of slaughter!!!

3. Clottey, the consolation prize to Mayweather's wussing out, was said to put up a better fight than Cotto and would pose a threat to Pacman's style of fighting, and also whose training would be distracted by Pacman's political campaign. Result: 12 rounds of lameness that were completely dominated by Wack-a-Pac!

So yes, no matter how ppl try to spin it, Pacman is just too fast and too tough. He still remembers the hunger of having to fight and win just to eat, and once you feel that, you refuse to feel that way again.

I know he's been focusing on politics more lately, but just b/c Margarito looks like he's training harder on a Showtime boxing special doesn't mean he has what it takes to beat the pound for pound champion of the world. Let's see if he can actually put some damage on someone without plaster in his gloves

I'll give Margarito the first two rounds (maybe rounds 6 and 7 as well), but I think after round 2 Pacman wakes up and goes to town and reminds everyone why he's the "Mexicutioner"

Prediction: Pacman by decision, winning 8 of the 12 rounds.
Why does the Paquioao camp always have some type of excuse ready as a scapegoat?

DLH is old, but taller, Cotto is stronger, camp not going well, tsunami in the Phillipines, catch weight,drawing blood, fighting a black dude, lol etc.

Dude is gonna win obviously to set up Floyd vs Pac.

Like I said before though, SERGIO MARTINEZ AND PAUL WILLIAMS are the true contenders. NOBODY wants a piece of these cats.
Why does the Paquioao camp always have some type of excuse ready as a scapegoat?

DLH is old, but taller, Cotto is stronger, camp not going well, tsunami in the Phillipines, catch weight,drawing blood, fighting a black dude, lol etc.

Like I said before though, SERGIO MARTINEZ AND PAUL WILLIAMS are the true contenders. NOBODY wants a piece of these cats.

I'll give you that Paul Williams deserves a chance, but don't even think Martinez deserves ANY chance to fight Pacman! he hasn't done shyt in the sense of earning any possibility of a match and can only snag Williams b/c for some reason no one can properly promote him

I would LOVE to see a Williams vs Pacman bout if Floyd doesn't fight, though he needs to get new representation b/c a guy of his caliber not being in any large PPV bouts is ludicrous, especially with Pacman and Floyd looking like they're on their ways out of the sport.
^Oh and reason why Williams didn't get consideration was b/c only American boxing purists know him, limiting his fan base. Margarito brings a latin contingency, one that travels with him and brings the larger Latin community to enjoy fighting the man proclaimed the "Mexicutioner" just to hope there's a chance he loses to a Mexican fighter.

Also, both are names ppl know about, even ppl who don't follow boxing know about both of them. You put in Williams and they lose out on revenue. He needs a marque match that defines the new generation of boxing before he fights Pacman.

Being named "The most avoided fighter in the world" works b/c no one has anything to gain from fighting him
GO PAC MAN!

It doesn't matter if he wins the fight, the haters will continue to hate.

Despite Margarito being focused and training extremely hard for this fight, if he loses, boxing fans will just say "he hasn't been the same since he got caught cheating".

The same people were saying about De La Hoya being too old, or Cotto not being the same kind of fighter, or Hatton still being rattled after losing to Floyd. People are always gonna make up excuses and not give credit when it's due.

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I'll give you that Paul Williams deserves a chance, but don't even think Martinez deserves ANY chance to fight Pacman! he hasn't done shyt in the sense of earning any possibility of a match and can only snag Williams b/c for some reason no one can properly promote him

I would LOVE to see a Williams vs Pacman bout if Floyd doesn't fight, though he needs to get new representation b/c a guy of his caliber not being in any large PPV bouts is ludicrous, especially with Pacman and Floyd looking like they're on their ways out of the sport.

I guess you didn't see him in against Pavlik. And you obviously didn't see the first Williams fight either.
couple of cheaters
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I guess you didn't see him in against Pavlik. And you obviously didn't see the first Williams fight either.

Saw the Pavlik (thought Pavlik was robbed), but you're right that I didn't see the first bout with Williams, though I plan to watch the bout on the 20th

If Pacman moves up again in weight, maybe, but just don't think he deserves a bout with either Pacman or PBF. Should've had a rematch against Pavlik, but Pavlik didn't wanna waste time with him and moved on to a better weight class. Williams does deserve it though, but he needs three things:

1. Better promoter (For a fighter as good as he is, no one outside of the purists know who he is b/c no one has properly promoted him, ESPECIALLY with his aggressive style of fighting everyone loves to watch (39-1, 27 KO)

2. Marquee matches (fight famous fighters, even if they're not as good as they once were, gets his name out)

3. Develop a larger following (By getting a better promoter and fighting bigger names, ppl will get to see how awesome he is and get even the most casual of fans anticipating his next move. I would try to swing an American tag to him, i.e. PBF. By being the "best P4P American fighter", he'll at least have a group of ppl identify with him when he fights international fighters with huge followings)

Those three things will get guys like Arum and DLH to wanna schedule their premiere fighters against him.

On a side note, how's your cousin doing? Loved his last bout and can't wait to watch his next one (I'm still bummed out he didn't get put into the tournament for the vacated belt)
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Why did you put this coward on this conversation. You are about the only one who thinks he is awesome. Win,Lose,excuses at least the other are fighting while he is dodging.
Share 49ersWebzone