LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

NBA Trades & Rumors

The deadline is nearing and there are rumors flying everywhere, we can use this thread to post trades and Trade Rumors. Please try to provide a link, here are a couple I've heard.

Spurs Consider Amare

TMac Saga Continues...
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Sounds like Chicago and New York Knicks are out of the Amare sweepstakes.
LMAO@ Amare wanting a max contract. How you gonna want that when you only play hard on one side of the court?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Why trade for someone who can become an unrestricted free agent this summer? That's just silly. Amare isn't getting traded anywhere despite all the rumors that will come up the next couple weeks.

And he's going to get much less than the max this summer when he opts out.
Amare is cyclops with bad knees.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by crzy:
Why trade for someone who can become an unrestricted free agent this summer? That's just silly. Amare isn't getting traded anywhere despite all the rumors that will come up the next couple weeks.

I can think of two types of teams:

(1) A team trying to shed payroll. That team will send players with multiyear contracts who aren't in the team's future plans. Once Amare's contract is up, they'll have flexibility.

(2) A team that is interested in "renting" Amare for a championship run THIS SEASON.

Spurs would be in group 2. But I REALLY hope they aren't interested in that overrated cyclops.

Amare would be the death knell in the Spurs already struggling defense.

Teams that are asking about him want him to sign a long term contract if they trade for him, thats what im reading in all of the rumors
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

Teams that are asking about him want him to sign a long term contract if they trade for him, thats what im reading in all of the rumors

Good luck with getting Amare to sign an extension, when he can just opt out and choose his destination this summer.

Amare won't sign a thing.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by dobophile:

I can think of two types of teams:

(1) A team trying to shed payroll. That team will send players with multiyear contracts who aren't in the team's future plans. Once Amare's contract is up, they'll have flexibility.

(2) A team that is interested in "renting" Amare for a championship run THIS SEASON.

Spurs would be in group 2. But I REALLY hope they aren't interested in that overrated cyclops.

Amare would be the death knell in the Spurs already struggling defense.

Richard Jefferson was the Spurs death knell
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM ]
Really? I thought he was just gay.

• dman
  • Veteran

His nickname is RJ

Originally posted by valrod33:

Good luck with getting Amare to sign an extension, when he can just opt out and choose his destination this summer.

Amare won't sign a thing.

I really dont think he cares where he plays, it seems to me whoever gives him what he wants is where he will sign.
Originally posted by dman:

His nickname is RJ

Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum
LAKERS REPEAT
Who knows what the hell Amare is thinking. He recently stated that he wouldn't mind playing for the lowly Nets.
Share 49ersWebzone