LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

NBA Trades & Rumors

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Not to mention: Andrew Bynum playing for Don Nelson, what a massive failure that would be, and a giant waste of a draft pick.

Nellie would use Bynum as a complimentary player, for defending and rebounding, and would ignore him in the post completely.
Originally posted by crzy:
Not to mention: Andrew Bynum playing for Don Nelson, what a massive failure that would be, and a giant waste of a draft pick.

Nellie would use Bynum as a complimentary player, for defending and rebounding, and would ignore him in the post completely.

It's funny because it's true.

Two things:

1) Bynum would be part of a young exciting team including Monta, Curry, and Randolph. He would be the only inside presence and would prosper

2) I would fire Nellie and get a coach who knows how to coach a big man

I am not saying Bynum is Shaq or even Dwight Howard. I dont think I am wrong, however, when I say that he would without question be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft if he was coming out right now. He is 22 years old with a huge upside. He simply would make the W's a better team sooner than getting John Wall would with the other personel we have.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Two things:

1) Bynum would be part of a young exciting team including Monta, Curry, and Randolph. He would be the only inside presence and would prosper

I am not saying Bynum is Shaq or even Dwight Howard. I dont think I am wrong, however, when I say that he would without question be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft if he was coming out right now. He is 22 years old with a huge upside. He simply would make the W's a better team sooner than getting John Wall would with the other personel we have.

He would absolutely be the #1 or #2 pick. No question.

And crzy...his biggest advantage isn't his strength or bulk, it's his post footwork, touch around the basket, and length. His back to the basket scoring abilities are amongst the best in the league right now, and they're definitely better than Gasol's. (who's very good in his own right)
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Two things:

He would absolutely be the #1 or #2 pick. No question.

And crzy...his biggest advantage isn't his strength or bulk, it's his post footwork, touch around the basket, and length. His back to the basket scoring abilities are amongst the best in the league right now, and they're definitely better than Gasol's. (who's very good in his own right)

I'm just shocked that anyone who has suffered watching the Warriors centers for the past 2 decades wouldnt want Bynum at almost any cost. Hell.. Id give up the #1 and Biedrins for Bynum. I'm just tired of getting dominated inside every year and never being a real contender. I dont think Crzy gets to see Bynum as much as we do Pete
Kmart anyone????
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm just shocked that anyone who has suffered watching the Warriors centers for the past 2 decades wouldnt want Bynum at almost any cost.

Because I think Andrew Bynum's best role is as a complimentary player, and I don't think he's good enough to build a franchise around.
I'm just shocked that anyone who has suffered watching the Warriors centers for the past 2 decades wouldnt want Bynum at almost any cost.

Because I think Andrew Bynum's best role is as a complimentary player, and I don't think he's good enough to build a franchise around.

People said that about Kobe as well...
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socalfan21:

and?
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:29 PM ]

and?

seriously. please don't compare bynum to kobe. i like him though i wouldn't mind the dubs going after him

So.. you would be happy with Biedrins, Turiaf and all the other garbage centers the W's have had over the years.? Have we EVER had a great center? I'm thinking.... NO.

Tell me... how many point guards have been MVP and lead their team to an NBA title? OK.. I will answer that for you. NONE in our lifetime. My point.. point guards are really great to have but big time centers are FAR more valuable. Bynum is 23 with huge upside. Hell.. he should be 1 year out of college.

Also.. how do you know he cant be more than just a complimentary player? Any player that plays with Kobe would have that role. I think tonight is a great example of what the kid can do.....27 pts 12 rebounds.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

So.. you would be happy with Biedrins, Turiaf and all the other garbage centers the W's have had over the years.? Have we EVER had a great center? I'm thinking.... NO.

Tell me... how many point guards have been MVP and lead their team to an NBA title? OK.. I will answer that for you. NONE in our lifetime. My point.. point guards are really great to have but big time centers are FAR more valuable. Bynum is 23 with huge upside. Hell.. he should be 1 year out of college.

Also.. how do you know he cant be more than just a complimentary player? Any player that plays with Kobe would have that role. I think tonight is a great example of what the kid can do.....27 pts 12 rebounds.

No. I'd be happy with the #1 pick in the draft, which was the original argument, whether or not I'd trade the #1 pick for Andrew Bynum.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself there. Andrew Bynum doesn't lead to a championship. I don't even think the Warriors are a playoff team if they replaced Biedrins with Bynum. They're probably 5 or 10 wins better, that's about it.

I think if you took Brook Lopez right now and replaced him with Andrew Bynum, the Nets would still be the worst team in the league, and Bynum would put up similar numbers to what Lopez is putting up right now.

I'm not taking anything away from Bynum, I actually like him. But I'd rather have John Wall and Evan Turner.

The 3rd pick in the draft, I'd trade for Bynum, sure, why not.

No. I'd be happy with the #1 pick in the draft, which was the original argument, whether or not I'd trade the #1 pick for Andrew Bynum.

I think you're getting ahead of yourself there. Andrew Bynum doesn't lead to a championship. I don't even think the Warriors are a playoff team if they replaced Biedrins with Bynum. They're probably 5 or 10 wins better, that's about it.

I think if you took Brook Lopez right now and replaced him with Andrew Bynum, the Nets would still be the worst team in the league, and Bynum would put up similar numbers to what Lopez is putting up right now.

I'm not taking anything away from Bynum, I actually like him. But I'd rather have John Wall and Evan Turner.

Turner over Bynum?

OK.. once again we can agree to disagree. I really think you are way off base on this one but certainly respect your opinion.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Turner over Bynum?

OK.. once again we can agree to disagree. I really think you are way off base on this one but certainly respect your opinion.

Yes, I would take the next Brandon Roy (for lack of a better comparison) over Bynum
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 27, 2010 at 11:46 PM ]
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

and?

seriously. please don't compare bynum to kobe. i like him though i wouldn't mind the dubs going after him

I am not comparing him to Kobe... Kobe was treated the same way... Bynum has all the potential in the world and you dont know if he is good enough to build around because he hasn't been given that chance.
Share 49ersWebzone