LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

NBA Trades & Rumors

A lot of Kings fans are calling for a Kevin Martin trade. I'm inclined to let it play out, unless something special came along.

The market for Martin -- rumored to be Houston, Phoenix, Dallas, Cleveland -- likely doesn't present great value. A Houston package with Landry might be enticing, but I don't know if that's asking too much or not enough.

I'm not sure what Martin is worth in a trade.
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Chris Bosh for Andrew Bynum
LAKERS REPEAT

I wouldn't do that trade.

As far as Kevin Martin goes, I'd deal him just to get rid of his contract. People often confuse ability with opportunity. Martin's had the opportunity to be a #1 guy, and has put up numbers as a result. But in terms of being a contributor to a good team, he's not a #1 or #2 option. And it's just not going to work in the backcourt with Evans. I've been saying this since he got drafted.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 27, 2010 at 11:57 AM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by dman:
Really? I thought he was just gay.

His nickname is RJ

You know ... ?

BJ

HJ

RJ ...
LAKERS REPEAT

Wow. Seriously? I love Bosh's game but I just dont see how you trade Bynum. Can the Warriors give you the #1 pick in the draft for Bynum if we get it????? Centers with his talent and youth are just impossible to find anymore.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
LAKERS REPEAT

Wow. Seriously? I love Bosh's game but I just dont see how you trade Bynum. Can the Warriors give you the #1 pick in the draft for Bynum if we get it????? Centers with his talent and youth are just impossible to find anymore.

No way.
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 27, 2010 at 12:02 PM ]
Really? I thought he was just gay.

His nickname is RJ

You know ... ?

BJ

HJ

RJ ...

Oh, now I get it. RJ. Richard Jefferson. Dick J. Banana Hammock.
LAKERS REPEAT

so is Bosh defensive presence in the middle and his ability to finish. I think Lakers miss that part of the game. someone who can finish strong. Gasol? nope. Bynum? nope. Bryant? hardly. with the addition of Bosh will stregthen the team to another level. Bynum has already proven he cannot co-exist in the middle with Gasol. Are you going to keep Bynum for another 3 years while you can get Bosh now? i say if this trade opens i hope the lakers jump on it!
Originally posted by crzy:
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Wow. Again we differ. I would make that deal in a heartbeat. I just dont want to go another 10 years of undersized, and non talented centers. Bynum is still only 22 years old!

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

That would be an amazing and young group to build around. Just add another talented wing player and you have playoff contender year in and year out. Not that it will ever happen.
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Wow. Again we differ. I would make that deal in a heartbeat. I just dont want to go another 10 years of undersized, and non talented centers. Bynum is still only 22 years old!

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

That would be an amazing and young group to build around. Just add another talented wing player and you have playoff contender year in and year out. Not that it will ever happen.

Bynum is slightly above average. He still looks lost to many games, and doesnt rebound like a 7 footer should. The sky is ceiling on this kid, but will he be motivated to reach for it...is another question.
LAKERS REPEAT

No way.

Bynum C
Randolph PF
Ellis SG
Curry PG

I don't know if I would trade a #1 pick, but I would love to have Bynum on the team. He doesn't even need to be a dominant scoring center like Shaq was, but we would have that big inside presence that we'd been lacking for years.

I see why you guys keep coming up with Bynum trade scenarios, but he's not going anywhere. At 21, he knows how to be the big man on the floor. He just doesn't know how to share the paint with 1, sometimes 2, other 7 footers. On most other teams, he would be playing every game at the level he does when we see him light it up, occasionally.

Dr. Buss knows this and, IMO, he's going to be a Laker for a very long time.
I don't understand the Bynum trade stuff either. Who trades a 21 year old 7 footer with his kind of ability? They'd be crazy to deal him now.

The Kings should not trade Kevin Martin in a salary dump, thats bad business. Kevin is still a very talented scorer who just hasn't figured things out with the current team yet and his contract is fair for his production IMO. Not saying he should be kept at all costs, just that a salary dump with him is a mistake. If he is moved before the deadline it should be for a PF/C. I'd even add Thompson or Hawes if its for the right guy.
kevin martin makes too much money for a guy who plays an average of 62 games a year, he his hurt way too often
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
kevin martin makes too much money for a guy who plays an average of 62 games a year, he his hurt way too often

Yah dude is soft.
I would love to get Amare. However for all those interested Bulls looking to trade Hinrich or Salmons for an expiring contract.
Share 49ersWebzone