LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Orlando Magic 2009 Eastern Conference Champions Offseason Thread

Love the new Orlando Events Center opening in 2010...

Here are some recommended names for the OEC:

1. Krypton
2. That House that Redick Built
3. Stan's Panic Room
4. The Rashard Lewis Events Center
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Stan's Panic Room
Uh oh, we may lose Lee for Vince Carter...

Nets to deal with Magic: Carter/Anderson for Lee/Battie/Alston
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Quote:
The New Jersey Nets are in serious talks with the Magic about a deal that will send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.

The trade would give the Magic even more star power on their quest to win an NBA championship. The addition of Carter to a lineup that already consists of All-Star players Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis and Jameer Nelson would make Orlando the favorite to win the Eastern Conference title next year if the franchise also finds a way to bring back Hedo Turkoglu, who will opt out of his contract this summer.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I don't know what to think of this deal..I would LOVE to have Carter and feel like that would put us over the top, but I love our youth and Courtney Lee has the potential to be a great player.

If I had to though, I say do it..a lineup of:

PG - Nelson
SG - Carter
SF - Hedo
PF - Lewis
C - Howard

would be out of this world though.
Damn we lose Lee. And this probably means Hedo is gone. Hmm still need a decent backup PG. Wonder if this means JJ will be traded soon.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Damn we lose Lee. And this probably means Hedo is gone. Hmm still need a decent backup PG. Wonder if this means JJ will be traded soon.

Still not necessarily true. I've read on Magic forums about Lewis/Howard/Nelson willing to take pay cuts to keep Hedo here. They love playing with him and we need to keep this rotation intact.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Also, I've never really had that big of a problem w/ Johnson backing up Nelson.

And if this does happen...I just wanna be the first to say Thank You to Alston for what he did for us and where he brought this team.
Originally posted by jrg:

Still not necessarily true. I've read on Magic forums about Lewis/Howard/Nelson willing to take pay cuts to keep Hedo here. They love playing with him and we need to keep this rotation intact.

Contracts can only be re-negotiated if they're 4 years or longer, and they can't be re-negotiated until the 3rd anniversary of the day that they signed the contract. So while it's a nice gesture by Howard/Nelson/Lewis, it doesn't matter because they can't do it.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Contracts can only be re-negotiated if they're 4 years or longer, and they can't be re-negotiated until the 3rd anniversary of the day that they signed the contract. So while it's a nice gesture by Howard/Nelson/Lewis, it doesn't matter because they can't do it.

Hmm, I . My source was a bunch of guys like us on a Magic forum

Regardless, BRING BACK HEDO!!!!!

Maybe they'll make a move for Ariza?

The deal's done, per Hoopsworld.

Hmm, I . My source was a bunch of guys like us on a Magic forum

Regardless, BRING BACK HEDO!!!!!

I think the key here is having Anderson in the deal. He is a decent PF who can shoot, which is key coming off the bench for Hedo.

Now the team can concentrate on Hedo, and if not go get Boozer or Sheed.
The deal's done, per Hoopsworld.

yeah Espn has said its a done deal as well
Ryan Anderson - 6'10" 240lbs - 8pts and 5reb per game in only 19mpg during his rookie campaign.

He's only 21.
Share 49ersWebzone