49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 794 users in the forums

49ers select De'Zhaun Stribling-WR-Ole Miss with the 33rd pick in the 2026 NFL Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
First I'll get my admitted homerism out of the way and say that I love it because he's born and raised in Hawaii. Love the player. My nephew played for the same Highschool and helped a little with coaching when Stribling was there.

Nephew had nothing but great things to say about him leading up to this draft. Amazing character; strong family, and he's a lunch pail to work blue collar work ethic. I went to only two of his games (because of my nephew coaching) but this kid is a freaking dawg man. Stood out in both. I can't see this kid busting; I don't think his work ethic and character will allow it.

All that said; I hate the value and where we picked him. I highly highly doubt anyone takes him before pick 58; but I guess there's stuff out there that McVay and the Rams may have taken him before then, who knows. Hopefully this next pick is someone most of us wanted at 33 so we can pretend that was the pick and D-Strib was the 58th. That would make me feel a lot better lol

Come on mang.....

You can't see the guy busting with his work ethic and character, then you add in legit NFL strength, Legit NFL speed and acceleration, then add in his hands, and his highlight reel at 6-2 210 and you dont think the dude is worth second rounder?

Maybe you should read again; last I checked pick 58 is in the second round

So we gonna quibble about what part of the second round, a guy you see as a sure fire NFL player. A dude who can't bust, who has elite NFL speed, with NFL size and who produced in huge games against top tier talent in college? A lunch pail, blue collar guy at a Diva position?

This seems like a weak thing to hate or doubt on.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Who made this pick because Shanahan didn't seem happy about it

Lol it did look like it

I'm in the minority here, but I watched Ole Miss a lot just because I'm a Kiffin fan

He's a dog. Physical, speed, size 50/50 balls, can block, YAC, does it all.

I'm not too happy with it because other positions are a need and we are pretty set at WR. But he can be future #1.

According to that one poster it's just wet brain
Kyle knows how to pick WR. He's been more right than wrong. Clearly not into celebrating draft picks this year doe lol
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Huge Overreach. I hope he balls, but he would have been available in round 3

This. It's what they do every year. At least they are consistent

Originally posted by Second2Nunley:
I wanted Chase but I'll root hard for this guy. WR is such a luxury pick right now.

You can complain about the Wr taken all you want. Saying picking a wr is a luxury tells me you know next to nothing about this roster.
RB……WTF. Wow
Make no mistake about it--the pick was a f**king reach--but Stribling is a nice player. There's a lot of be excited about here.

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
First I'll get my admitted homerism out of the way and say that I love it because he's born and raised in Hawaii. Love the player. My nephew played for the same Highschool and helped a little with coaching when Stribling was there.

Nephew had nothing but great things to say about him leading up to this draft. Amazing character; strong family, and he's a lunch pail to work blue collar work ethic. I went to only two of his games (because of my nephew coaching) but this kid is a freaking dawg man. Stood out in both. I can't see this kid busting; I don't think his work ethic and character will allow it.

All that said; I hate the value and where we picked him. I highly highly doubt anyone takes him before pick 58; but I guess there's stuff out there that McVay and the Rams may have taken him before then, who knows. Hopefully this next pick is someone most of us wanted at 33 so we can pretend that was the pick and D-Strib was the 58th. That would make me feel a lot better lol

Come on mang.....

You can't see the guy busting with his work ethic and character, then you add in legit NFL strength, Legit NFL speed and acceleration, then add in his hands, and his highlight reel at 6-2 210 and you dont think the dude is worth second rounder?

Maybe you should read again; last I checked pick 58 is in the second round

So we gonna quibble about what part of the second round, a guy you see as a sure fire NFL player. A dude who can't bust, who has elite NFL speed, with NFL size and who produced in huge games against top tier talent in college? A lunch pail, blue collar guy at a Diva position?

This seems like a weak thing to hate or doubt on.

Seems like you taking it personally or something? You can feel however the f**k you want too about it and I will do the same. If you can't comprehend what not liking the value or where he was selected and still liking the player means; I can't help you.

Hilarious you coming at me about the "quibble"
My quibble is nothing for you to get all up tight about compared to so much other stuff said about him and the pick
Originally posted by Dshearn:
So we gonna quibble about what part of the second round, a guy you see as a sure fire NFL player. A dude who can't bust, who has elite NFL speed, with NFL size and who produced in huge games against top tier talent in college? A lunch pail, blue collar guy at a Diva position?

This seems like a weak thing to hate or doubt on.

Here you go; maybe this can help you

Originally posted by tankle104:
Another scrub to join the rest of the scrubs they continue to draft.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,887
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kyle knows how to pick WR. He's been more right than wrong. Clearly not into celebrating draft picks this year doe lol

Has he though....only pearsall is still on the roster and we know headcase aiyuk ain't coming back.
Originally posted by captveg:
As a whiner fan, I hope he busts so Lynch and Shanahan can be fired and we hire some scrub GM and Coach that goes 5-11 for a decade straight.

Did I do the b***hing right?

(For reals though - I hope he's awesome and balls out).

Very good.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Kyle knows how to pick WR. He's been more right than wrong. Clearly not into celebrating draft picks this year doe lol

Has he though....only pearsall is still on the roster and we know headcase aiyuk ain't coming back.

Pettis sucked
Danny Gray sucked
Jalen Hurd sucked
Jacob Cowing sucks
Ronnie Bell sucked
Watking so far sucks

The majority of players this team draft are not even in the team anymore.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
It's on Kyle Shanahan and the WR's coach to coach up and develop Stribling.

This. He needs to put in the effort and learn the routes and blocking assignments. If he does, he needs to get out there sooner rather than later.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Pettis sucked
Danny Gray sucked
Jalen Hurd sucked
Jacob Cowing sucks
Ronnie Bell sucked
Watking so far sucks

The majority of players this team draft are not even in the team anymore.

Trent Taylor - amazing.

Jokes aside they've had some nice picks at the position outside of the known scrubs. Been one of their better spots. I wonder how their hit percentage at the position would compare across the league.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone