LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

49ers Placekicker Zane Gonzalez

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ask Dallas how not having a good kicker worked out for them
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

how quickly things changed

It helps when you're not making any consequential kicks on a bad team.

The good news is that exactly this much of his salary is guaranteed:

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This guy is gonna make us miss Robbie real quick

Maybe it will make Kyle go for it more on 4th down which could be a blessing.

No kidding.

way too many drives were handed over to Gould that could have been extended by a quick slant.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
So QB has been holding us back from a SB victory for the past 3-4 years, and now that we're looking like we may have solved that issue it's gonna be a missed game winning FG in the playoffs that will kill us.

Something tells me we may still draft a kicker.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Something tells me we may still draft a kicker.

I hope so. Competition everywhere is fine with me
One always buys their insurance policies Before one needs them…
Originally posted by highway49:
One always buys their insurance policies Before one needs them…
can't have Gould making tackles on kickoffs
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
From Gould to this dude = erect to limp and swapping spit with a hobo

I agree unless this guy can increase his touchback percentage from 62% to 70 or 80% I don't want him. I know that seems highly unlikely but we should have high standards for our kickers. It could mean the difference between getting home-field advantage and winning a playoff game or even the Super Bowl.

If we're lucky, this guy won't be kicking for us and actually just be Gould's towel boy wiping sweat off his ball
No need to worry right now about a kicker with zero guarantees. He's likely insurance for who we actually have our eye on in the draft or otherwise.

I think this signing / trade will prove to be quite Titanic
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
welcome mr Zane

source - Panthers.com:

The Panthers traded kicker Zane Gonzalez to the San Francisco 49ers on Friday for conditional late-round 2025 compensation.

Gonzalez was quite good for the Panthers in 2021, hitting 20-of-22 field goal attempts and 22-of-23 extra points in 12 games, before he was injured in pregame warm-ups in Buffalo. When he suffered another injury against Buffalo last preseason, the Panthers found Piñeiro to replace him just before the start of the regular season.

Nice move to get a young kicker for cheap. Bring in someone to compete with him in the draft maybe?
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I think this signing / trade will prove to be quite Titanic

I see what you did here
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
There is just no way any of you have a strong opinion on this. You're manufacturing emotions.

They gave up nothing and owe him nothing. The only thing they did was insulate themselves from *needing* to draft a kicker. Every option is still on the table.
Share 49ersWebzone