There are 274 users in the forums

49ers Placekicker Zane Gonzalez

Shop Find 49ers gear online

how quickly things changed
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
I'll see what we gave up but giving up draft capital for a kicker does not please me. We need to move up some in this draft and giving away a pick that could be used to move up isn't smart.

A conditional late-round 2025 draft pick.

The horror.

Yup...I take back everything I said. This is absolutely nothing.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Doesn't this guy have a super strong leg or am I mixing him up with someone?

He does. 64% touchback rate
I'm not mad at this; I think we still bring in a rook for competition too. At least no more 5 yards short of the endzone on kickoffs 90% of the time lol
This is insurance probably if the kicker they really want in the draft is taken and just competition
"...friday night...getting ready for party...having dinner with friends....toking up....dont worry....no one'll notice...."
I hope his contract is 100% non-guaranteed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Lynch says Gould is still in play.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Doesn't this guy have a super strong leg or am I mixing him up with someone?

Yes, can hit from 55-57. Hit a 56 yarder against us in SF when he was with the Cardinals.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I already miss the days when getting to the 40 meant we at least have a guaranteed 3 points.

Yeah but it's much more of an adventure this way. It's like having Wade Richey back.
I've seen this movie before... Kicker on horrible team is great at his job. Team is horrible, there is no pressure.

Same Kicker goes to a Super Bowl contender.....kicker starts feeling pressure to do his job... starts making mistakes.

Anyway hope that's not him.

We've been spoiled with reliable FG Kickers for a long time now... but yeeears back that wasn't the case.

Before we finally got our act together and started getting proven old vets like Joe Nedney to David Akers to Phil Dawson to Robbie Gould...

We had Owen Pokémon and Jose Cortez ... and the likes of Wide Richey, someone young who we tried to make work, before them.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 24, 2023 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I already miss the days when getting to the 40 meant we at least have a guaranteed 3 points.

Yeah but it's much more of an adventure this way. It's like having Wade Richey back.

Wide Richey……
Originally posted by Polkadots:

This

how quickly things changed

and this
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This guy is gonna make us miss Robbie real quick

Im guessing he's veteran competition for some rookies.

Agree. This dude hurt himself last year kicking into a net and went on IR. I guess that's one way to guarantee your salary the the year.

He had potential in college and we like college potential ask Kinlaw.

If a rookie out kicks this guy it's good for their confidence. If not and he gets his head back on right it's a low value pick.
Share 49ersWebzone