LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

49ers Placekicker Zane Gonzalez

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What's next the 49ers are gonna trade for Derrick Brown!!
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Would love to know the real details of this "Conditional Late Round Draft Pick" ("Swap").
Otherwise, this seems ill advised. About to be released. Injury History. Mediocre career history.
Seems like you could get similar as an UDFA this year.
Better be Camp fodder that carries no penalty draftwise if Cut prior to certain date (Final Cut day)

Probably swapping a 6th for a 7th in 2025.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I like the part about him injured in pregame warmups.. he's a team / scheme fit folks

I can't figure out why we're also so injured annually. LOL
The truth is the Niners don't want to pay alot money to a kicker. And really they shouldn't.
Camp fodder
From Gould to this dude = erect to limp and swapping spit with a hobo
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
From Gould to this dude = erect to limp and swapping spit with a hobo

I agree unless this guy can increase his touchback percentage from 62% to 70 or 80% I don't want him. I know that seems highly unlikely but we should have high standards for our kickers. It could mean the difference between getting home-field advantage and winning a playoff game or even the Super Bowl.
Sweet we have a kicker…moving on.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 24, 2023 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:
The truth is the Niners don't want to pay alot money to a kicker. And really they shouldn't.

They will regret this decision later down the road
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

They will regret this decision later down the road

I'm not paying $6M for Robbie. This doesn't mean anything as far as who's the starting kicker imo. Swapped a pick meh whatever

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Im guessing he's veteran competition for some rookies.

Conditional late round pick swap does seemingly suggest that he will have to earn the job.
I already miss the days when getting to the 40 meant we at least have a guaranteed 3 points.
  • GPC49
  • Veteran
I can't believe everyone is having a coronary over a swap of a 6th or 7th round pick in 2025. This team gets alot of comp picks every year and your worried about a late pick that usually doesn't even
make the team. Look how many comp picks were getting this year and next, all these players aren't making the team and a few may get a shot on the practice squad. Even if he doesn't work out no big deal, they'll find a kicker. This was probably a favor request from our new DC. 🏆
Doesn't this guy have a super strong leg or am I mixing him up with someone?

Yeah, Robbie was taking up like 5M or so on the cap - they don't want to spend like that anymore. That's what it seems like to me
Share 49ersWebzone