LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

If you had to trade someone, who would you trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you had to trade someone, who would you trade?

It would be one the WRs for me. They are easier to replace other than any RB not named CMC.

Aiyuk will be getting paid next year so maybe it would be him? He might carry better trade value since he is still on rookie deal. Or trade Deeb and give his money to Aiyuk.

There is going to be some tough decisions made in the next year especially with Bosa going to become the highest paid defender of all time.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
100% Deebo. We don't need him anymore. We have CMC. Deebo isn't a great route runner, defenses have game planned for his WideBack runs and he doesn't consistently get open. I'd move him and sign DeAndre Hopkins to start alongside Aiyuk

Yeah… lol thank god you aren't in the front office.

i would love to have D Hop but trading Deebo right now would be a mistake. Keep him at least this year so we give ourselves the best chance to win it all. We would miss his physicality, for sure.

Love posters who give no alternative at all just shoot down random posts.

The order is:
1. Lance because if he's on bench this year and his value drops every second we hold onto him.
2. Deebo because he's not living up to his 20 million a year contract, is a diva, and is worth 2 8+ sack guys contracts. Aiyuik also acending and plenty of mouths to feed.
3. Kittle because any day his body could break down.
Then it gets murkier.
4. Trent maybe because he could retire anytime and maybe we could get something before that.
5. Aiyuik because we have deebo and kittle,
6. CMC because RB short lifespan.
7. Bosa because there's no reason to unless they bungle the cap so bad there's no room for him.

I'd trade shanahan for picks though if the offer was right. There's enough dudes that run his offense and plays we could get. And serviceable coaches. For a few firsts I'd get rid of him. The teams stacked and if you added 3 first and purdy a monkey could coach them to a SB win.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
100% Deebo. We don't need him anymore. We have CMC. Deebo isn't a great route runner, defenses have game planned for his WideBack runs and he doesn't consistently get open. I'd move him and sign DeAndre Hopkins to start alongside Aiyuk

Yeah… lol thank god you aren't in the front office.

i would love to have D Hop but trading Deebo right now would be a mistake. Keep him at least this year so we give ourselves the best chance to win it all. We would miss his physicality, for sure.

Love posters who give no alternative at all just shoot down random posts.

The order is:
1. Lance because if he's on bench this year and his value drops every second we hold onto him.
2. Deebo because he's not living up to his 20 million a year contract, is a diva, and is worth 2 8+ sack guys contracts. Aiyuik also acending and plenty of mouths to feed.
3. Kittle because any day his body could break down.
Then it gets murkier.
4. Trent maybe because he could retire anytime and maybe we could get something before that.
5. Aiyuik because we have deebo and kittle,
6. CMC because RB short lifespan.
7. Bosa because there's no reason to unless they bungle the cap so bad there's no room for him.

I'd trade shanahan for picks though if the offer was right. There's enough dudes that run his offense and plays we could get. And serviceable coaches. For a few firsts I'd get rid of him. The teams stacked and if you added 3 first and purdy a monkey could coach them to a SB win.

Lol my alternative was to not trade him? I said before if I had to choose, it would be Aiyuk. Step up your reading comprehension.

also love that you think draft picks are more important than coaching. Lol who's going to coach up those draft picks and teach them scheme? The monkey? Lmaooo hope those monkeys are good at leadership, motivation, scheme, coaching, etc. EXCELLENT strategy.

the fact is - none of the guys should be traded. It would hurt the team more than benefit it. Draft picks are only good if you draft well AND coach them up. We've hit on like 1-2 first round picks over the last 6 seasons. The monkey you referenced would of chose Bosa. I'll take Kyle over 10 first round picks

but please, Carry on and continue to enlighten us.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 17, 2023 at 11:26 AM ]
I'd much prefer to keep everyone If possible so we can actually win a super bowl, but If I had to choose, It would be Deebo.
I'd trade a lot of members from the zone.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I'd much prefer to keep everyone If possible so we can actually win a super bowl, but If I had to choose, It would be Deebo.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, you keep Deebo.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by jdzimme3:
Ideally we dont trade anyone this year as we are clearly pushing all in to win now. If we did trade someone either this offseason or next it should be Aiyuk. His value is high as he is young and still on his rookie deal so the return would be great. That said, he isnt as rare an offensive talent as Deebo or CMC and he will be due a big contract soon. If Brock was healthy and we were confident in his ability to sustain his play then Trey would be an option but there is enough uncertainty that Trey is worth a lot more to us than he is as trade bait. The other guys are non starters.

Why are you so eager to trade someone for picks if we don't need much. The team is stacked from top to bottom. And, as far as Aiyuk, no way do we trade our best #2 since John Taylor.

I'm not eager to, that is why I said ideally we don't trade anyone. The premise, I believe, is that we may not be able to pay everyone and if we needed to trade someone Aiyuk is where I would start based on the idea that the return would be good and his skill set is easier to replace.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Ideally we dont trade anyone this year as we are clearly pushing all in to win now. If we did trade someone either this offseason or next it should be Aiyuk. His value is high as he is young and still on his rookie deal so the return would be great. That said, he isnt as rare an offensive talent as Deebo or CMC and he will be due a big contract soon. If Brock was healthy and we were confident in his ability to sustain his play then Trey would be an option but there is enough uncertainty that Trey is worth a lot more to us than he is as trade bait. The other guys are non starters.

Why are you so eager to trade someone for picks if we don't need much. The team is stacked from top to bottom. And, as far as Aiyuk, no way do we trade our best #2 since John Taylor.

I'm not eager to, that is why I said ideally we don't trade anyone. The premise, I believe, is that we may not be able to pay everyone and if we needed to trade someone Aiyuk is where I would start based on the idea that the return would be good and his skill set is easier to replace.

He's a keeper, he'll eventually replace Deebo when he moves on or retires.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Just want to remind everyone this is a hypothetical. We don't actually have to trade anyone. Lol sheesh.

The 9ers are more than capable of winning the super bowl without Deebo Imo.

The only position preventing us from winning number 6 right now Is the QB.

That could change this season, assuming Lance stays healthy.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Just want to remind everyone this is a hypothetical. We don't actually have to trade anyone. Lol sheesh.

Thankfully we don't have to trade anyone lol at least not this season.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

The 9ers are more than capable of winning the super bowl without Deebo Imo.

The only position preventing us from winning number 6 right now Is the QB.

That could change this season, assuming Lance stays healthy.

No, we need Deebo to win a Super Bowl. We need everybody.
Trey
Trent - age
Aiyuk
Kittle - age
CMC
Deebo
Bosa
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Why would anyone want to trade Deebo? He's young, dynamic and on a team friendly contract.

We shouldnt be paying WR money for a RB. His WR numbers are weak except for 2021.......he shows up over weight multiple times to camp and cant get separation unless its at the line of scrimmage.

Dont get me wrong, I love his physical play but if we are deciding which stars to keep he is out in my opionion. Teams will over pay for him and Ayiuk is a solid WR.

Not true, do you not remember last year when he turned on the burners and blew past dudes? I am trying to remember the game he did it, but caught a wheel or a checkdown and just went ham on the play. THAT is why you pay him. He is a weapon.

Seahawks

TY, Chief.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Why would anyone want to trade Deebo? He's young, dynamic and on a team friendly contract.

We shouldnt be paying WR money for a RB. His WR numbers are weak except for 2021.......he shows up over weight multiple times to camp and cant get separation unless its at the line of scrimmage.

Dont get me wrong, I love his physical play but if we are deciding which stars to keep he is out in my opionion. Teams will over pay for him and Ayiuk is a solid WR.

Not true, do you not remember last year when he turned on the burners and blew past dudes? I am trying to remember the game he did it, but caught a wheel or a checkdown and just went ham on the play. THAT is why you pay him. He is a weapon.

Seahawks

TY, Chief.

I don't think that was honestly that impressive. As soon as he caught it I was screaming at my TV he better score.

Jennings could have probably scored on that one with how open it was. There was plenty of time with no one around for him to get to top speed.

I'm on TDs side. He's gumpy as a wr. He's a bruiser slasher but route running, footwork, high pointing, quickness. I would say aiyuik is better at all of it.
Share 49ersWebzone