LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 161 users in the forums

If you had to trade someone, who would you trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you had to trade someone, who would you trade?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdzimme3:
Ideally we dont trade anyone this year as we are clearly pushing all in to win now. If we did trade someone either this offseason or next it should be Aiyuk. His value is high as he is young and still on his rookie deal so the return would be great. That said, he isnt as rare an offensive talent as Deebo or CMC and he will be due a big contract soon. If Brock was healthy and we were confident in his ability to sustain his play then Trey would be an option but there is enough uncertainty that Trey is worth a lot more to us than he is as trade bait. The other guys are non starters.

Why are you so eager to trade someone for picks if we don't need much. The team is stacked from top to bottom. And, as far as Aiyuk, no way do we trade our best #2 since John Taylor.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 17, 2023 at 9:49 AM ]
Probably Aiyuk, but not until next season (depending on how he plays). I love him and he's really grown into his own, but I question if we will be able to afford him. Outside of that, I wouldn't trade anyone right now because we have a real chance at a chip if we stay healthy.

we should hold onto Lance for security (once Purdy is healthy). Put aside his dead cap costs etc (which I always ask if a deal could be struck for another team to take that on if Trey agrees to a restructure? Idk if the current CBA allows that though) - we need a good backup for WHEN our qb goes down. Lol kyles only had one season where we didn't lose QB1.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 17, 2023 at 9:56 AM ]
The answer is none of the above.... we are in a very special place to win because of our QB salaries, we play the cap and keep all the core talent we can and fill holes with the draft for the next 4 seasons.... after that we trade and hope we got 2 lombardi's in the process!
Originally posted by craig33:
I ask because with so much talent, we're not going to be able to afford everyone under the cap, unless someone agrees to play for cheap. And doubt that happens since it's a brutal game and anyone could end their career with an ugly injury at anytime.

My choice would probably be a WR or RB since our system seems to be user friendly for those position. As much as it pains me, id trade Deebo.

who would you trade?

Then why include Lance who's on his rookie contract?
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by craig33:
I ask because with so much talent, we're not going to be able to afford everyone under the cap, unless someone agrees to play for cheap. And doubt that happens since it's a brutal game and anyone could end their career with an ugly injury at anytime.

My choice would probably be a WR or RB since our system seems to be user friendly for those position. As much as it pains me, id trade Deebo.

who would you trade?

Then why include Lance who's on his rookie contract?

Because a player like Lance has trade value and suitors. His fifth year option comes up soon and if he remains the backup, he will be insanely expensive for a backup.

problem is his dead cap hit if he is traded. So it's extremely unlikely it happens.
he currently has the sixth highest cap hit on the team and it'll just grow to nearly $11M next season. That's a lot for a backup but trading him without restructuring anything (if that's even possible) would be dumb too.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 17, 2023 at 10:19 AM ]
Lance, for a 5th rounder, in a heart beat
The longer we hold on to him the more his trade value decreases
[ Edited by riverrunzthruit on Mar 17, 2023 at 10:18 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Anyone ticking Bosa or CMC gonna get banned.

This. Immediate ban, do not pass Go, you're done.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Lance, for a 5th rounder, in a heart beat
The longer we hold on to him the more his trade value decreases

Lol wut
AA should have been added to the poll
100% Deebo. We don't need him anymore. We have CMC. Deebo isn't a great route runner, defenses have game planned for his WideBack runs and he doesn't consistently get open. I'd move him and sign DeAndre Hopkins to start alongside Aiyuk

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
100% Deebo. We don't need him anymore. We have CMC. Deebo isn't a great route runner, defenses have game planned for his WideBack runs and he doesn't consistently get open. I'd move him and sign DeAndre Hopkins to start alongside Aiyuk

Yeah… lol thank god you aren't in the front office.

i would love to have D Hop but trading Deebo right now would be a mistake. Keep him at least this year so we give ourselves the best chance to win it all. We would miss his physicality, for sure.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 17, 2023 at 10:46 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Are you kidding? Have you seen him fly past secondary's, reapedily? We got him at his prime and probably another 5 years after that. Your crazy, if you think the Niners would ever think of trading him.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 17, 2023 at 10:52 AM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Elijah Mitchell assuming Price and Mason can be trusted for backup roles.
  • thl408

Deebo has additional value due to him serving as an important piece in earning the 49ers a reputation of being tough and physical. Having one swiss army knife type of player is good, and some teams have had this type of player. Having two swiss army knife type of players (Deebo/CMC) makes the 49er offense unlike any other offense. Maybe this doesn't change your mind, but it should be considered.
I hope it's not Aiyuk. I think he's only scratching the surface so far, he hasn't reached his God knows how high ceiling he's got. And he's very durable. One last thing, when was the last time we got lucky in the draft to get a quality receiver like Aiyuk. So many of them drafted in the 1st round and 2nd round were busts. With Aiyuk, there's a potential of having a Devonte Adams or Cooper Kupp in our team.
Share 49ersWebzone