There are 110 users in the forums

SF 49ERS at SEAHAWKS Pregame Thread - 2020 Season Week 8

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by BimmerKing:
Originally posted by Stanley:
Any chance this game bumps Cowboys Eagles SNF?

Nope. It's too early in the season for flexing. The only reason last week was flexed was because covid

Cowboys fanbase is too big to ever be bumped. and the Philly tv market is too big to be bumped. This game wouldn't get bumped if both teams were win less.

So true

Isn't that game a battle for #1 in the division?
Kyles new hat has not known defeat. And I don't think they meet this week
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Gotta protect Jimmy G from Jamal Adams at all costs this needs to be a perfect game from an offensive standpoint. Seahawks Will score their points, especially in Seattle with those home refs.

Gee I wish you could say the same for Jimmie Ward, who Russell Wilson ran over in week 10.
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Originally posted by da209:
can we get flexed to Sunday night

Not with a quick turn into Thursday Night vs GB

what about just america's game of the week
Defense:
So I'm thinking the DL does the same thing this game. Keeping RW in the pocket overrules taking a shot at sacking him. Too many times he eludes the rush and runs for a big gain. Even when he is in the grasp, he manages to get the ball out. Take away his vision lanes. Get the hands up to knock the ball down. If the secondary can cover, then getting to the QB every play will be less of a concern. 4 INT yesterday. RW just threw 3.

Offense:
Someone needs to step up in Deebo's spot. Shanahan is going to need to scheme up something good without him. Down to a rookie RB that looks good, but no depth now. This may be the game that Jimmy carries this team if the defense can't. See NO last year.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
what about just america's game of the week

We are always Americas game of the week in my household
Seahawks haven't beaten anybody that has a winning record yet and that doesn't start this weekend either.
After Week 8:

SF: 5-3
SEA: 5-2

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Seahawks haven't beaten anybody that has a winning record yet and that doesn't start this weekend either.

Let's kill the Seachickens!
This is going to be a tough one. Seattle has always struggled down in AZ.
Those WR's and Russell with our injuries scares me

Originally posted by wailers15:

Verrett and Eman can manage that. What scares me is the offense without Deebo in it. Deebo running the ball seemed to be a big part of the gameplan the last 2 weeks.
[ Edited by BMoore56 on Oct 26, 2020 at 9:52 AM ]
It will for sure be a huge test for Mosely and Verrett... really looking forward to seeing it. It would be great to get at least Tartt back this week, and Kwaun Williams is actually available to return this week (I kind of doubt it... but who knows?) . Honestly Moore can do just fine in place of Ward.

I also remembered Russell Wilson came up a little hobbled in OT last night, I wonder what the extent of that injury was? He threw a pick not long after and it looked like a little weird coming out... I wonder if there was more to that injury than most are assuming.
This may have already been mentioned but do have any hope of getting players back this week?
Originally posted by tankle104:
This may have already been mentioned but do have any hope of getting players back this week?
Players who could Return (somewhat ordered in terms of likelihood, but probably not perfect in that regard):

Tartt
Ward
Kwaun Williams
Kwon Alexander
Ford
Sherman
Reed
[ Edited by mattster03 on Oct 26, 2020 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by mattster03:
It will for sure be a huge test for Mosely and Verrett... really looking forward to seeing it. It would be great to get at least Tartt back this week, and Kwaun Williams is actually available to return this week (I kind of doubt it... but who knows?) . Honestly Moore can do just fine in place of Ward.

I also remembered Russell Wilson came up a little hobbled in OT last night, I wonder what the extent of that injury was? He threw a pick not long after and it looked like a little weird coming out... I wonder if there was more to that injury than most are assuming.

He did get hit really hard by that corner blitz. It rocked him pretty good. I don't know if he is injured though, that pick to me looked like a miscommunication by the receiver to be honest - I couldn't figure out who he was trying to throw it to.
Share 49erswebzone