49ers signed Tavon Austin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Predictable. Want to stash guys so they get paid but can't run to competition. Every team does this.

So you don't think he's hurt?

He's def injured. But this is the time of year teams IR dudes they want to keep around but don't necessarily have long term injuries. We will know for sure soon.
sounds like he's out for the season, not the IR-DR (comeback during the year)

I don't think they have to designate that right away.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
back to Richie James as our return man

Originally posted by Giedi:

what's wrong with Richie?
Already knew as soon as James got activated that something was about to happen. This very much makes me think either we keep 7 WRs, or Jennings is getting cut. James has yet to offer anything offensively in his career.
Not surprising. Dude has been a bust since he entered the league.
Richie freakin sux 😡👎
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Already knew as soon as James got activated that something was about to happen. This very much makes me think either we keep 7 WRs, or Jennings is getting cut. James has yet to offer anything offensively in his career.

James caught the first TD of the year in TB then he made a huge play against AZ at home when we looked like s**t. He makes plays the thing is for some reason he never sees the field consistently on offense
Originally posted by Giedi:

Son of a b***h, I am sick and tired of watching this guy do absolutely nothing on returns. He's the biggest chump I've ever seen, fair catching or running out of bounds all the time. Austin in my opinion would've made the return game dynamic and pushed us over the top because of that very reason.

[ Edited by elguapo on Sep 3, 2020 at 1:09 PM ]

Predictable. Want to stash guys so they get paid but can't run to competition. Every team does this.

He's def injured. But this is the time of year teams IR dudes they want to keep around but don't necessarily have long term injuries. We will know for sure soon.

they don't, but every injured player went through the whole "we have to wait on the severity".

eric Branch said his season is over, thats a pretty strong statement instead of the wait and see approach

they don't, but every injured player went through the whole "we have to wait on the severity".

eric Branch said his season is over, thats a pretty strong statement instead of the wait and see approach

okd, he's out for the year because he was put on IR before the season started. A player cannot be designated to return unless they are on the roster after the deadline for final cuts.
Wow, don't know what to say. Every time you turn around a WR is injured. They need a new physical coordinator looks like. These guys are either using injury as an excuse for designation assignments or their trainers suck!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

okd, he's out for the year because he was put on IR before the season started. A player cannot be designated to return unless they are on the roster after the deadline for final cuts.

Oooooh yeah. You're right. Forgot about that.
Maybe our WR squad needs to sit down and have lunch with K Bourne?

that dude is never injured and always plays hard

it's all in the training
Share 49ersWebzone