LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

What's Kittles Value?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Kittles Value?

Originally posted by okdkid:
I'm cool with $17m. Swap contracts with Ford.

Rather swap out Kwon's $14.5M in 2021, we actually have someone that can take over his spot
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
5/year $125million

Seriously, why is this even up there?
Originally posted by mayo49:
$17M per year.

Top TE money + his blocking + his personality = WR Money
The highest payed Tight end in the NFL is 10.6 ish on franchise tag. Highest payed TE on contract is 10.5 and you want to jump the Tight end market price to 20 mil or higher. Let me guess fist thing I hear is he is not really a Tight end he is more like a WR. No sorry he is a Tight end. Jimmy Graham is a TE, Travis Kelce is a TE, and Kittle plays TE. If they want to change the TE market to WR money and pay him like Julio Jones for 22 mil a yr. Great for him. I would be happy for him. Its crazy because I don't think any other team in the league will go that high. If they go to 11 mil a year great he would be the highest payed TE.
[ Edited by dlance on May 30, 2020 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by TyCore:
5/year $125million

Seriously, why is this even up there?

nonsense
Originally posted by dlance:
The highest payed Tight end in the NFL is 10.6 ish on franchise tag. Highest payed TE on contract is 10.5 and you want to jump the Tight end market price to 20 mil or higher. Let me guess fist thing I hear is he is not really a Tight end he is more like a WR. No sorry he is a Tight end. Jimmy Graham is a TE, Travis Kelce is a TE, and Kittle plays TE. The if they want to change the TE market to WR money and pay him like Julio Jones for 22 mil a yr. Great for him. I would be happy for him. Its crazy because I don't think any other team in the league will go that high. If they go to 11 mil a year great he would be the highest payed TE.

Yup, Kittle isn't matchup vs a teams top CB every play. He's a BA blocker as well, I really don't see how $15M per isn't a great mark for him.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
13-15m a year most likely.
The Niners want to pay a bit higher than Hooper money. Kittle's agent wants Julio money. If they negotiated to the middle of those two it comes to 15.5 million per year. That is where I think this should land. The only problem is the 49ers have very little incentive to push this for the next couple years. Sit back and see how Kittle does along with how the salary cap looks after the COVID year.
It's been pointed out that the Niner's have the leverage. They can simply pay him his contract number for this 2020, then tag him for 2021, 2022 and 2023 and still pay only about 40M total before becoming a free agent at 30 years old. An offer of 14M per season for 5 years would be more than fair under the circumstances. Perhaps guarantee it all. As good as Kittle is and he is the best, he is lucky to be in Shanahan's offense.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
It's been pointed out that the Niner's have the leverage. They can simply pay him his contract number for this 2020, then tag him for 2021, 2022 and 2023 and still pay only about 40M total before becoming a free agent at 30 years old. An offer of 14M per season for 5 years would be more than fair under the circumstances. Perhaps guarantee it all. As good as Kittle is and he is the best, he is lucky to be in Shanahan's offense.

Absolutely zero chance they give him a fully guaranteed contract unless it's like a 2 yr deal.

Something like Christian McCaffrey got makes sense

4 yrs $64M with over $30M GTD.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Absolutely zero chance they give him a fully guaranteed contract unless it's like a 2 yr deal.

I agree. Only if the Niners decide to be nice would they guarantee it all. His attitude, character and leadership is a significant if not most of the current culture. But it is about money and this is a business so you are probably right.
[ Edited by 60sFan on May 30, 2020 at 11:30 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Plus, we have other guys who happen to be pretty important to the offense and will need extensions soon as well. I don't think Kittle gets more than $13-14 a season, if he's asking for 15-19 then he'll play out his rookie deal and get tagged. Jimmy will likely get an extension after this year, and Williams will have to be (hopefully the FO will work something out).
[ Edited by PuckFarag10 on May 30, 2020 at 11:35 AM ]
Top paid TE in the league.
The 49ers are going to franchise tag him 3 straight years. They need all the cap money they can get to stay at the top and ShanaLynch always puts the team first. If he still has gas in the tank after the franchise tags, they can consider paying him some money. His agent should stop wasting time with the 49ers negotiating, and try and get him a commercial deal like with Wrigley for Skittles or something like that. Should be good for $5 million extra each year in endorsements.
Share 49ersWebzone