$100M or more?!

He's not a QB.

Yeah, that's way too much for a TE.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
$100M or more?!

He's not a QB.

Yeah, that's way too much for a TE.

Love me some Kittle, he's the face of the franchise...he is also a TE. There's gotta be a meet in the middle contract. If not then he's gonna ride out his 5th rd contract and multiple tags.

I also think Kittle has more value in SF then most teams in the NFL...I can't see him making Julio Jones cash in FA.
Give him a blank check.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
5 years, $17M per, should do it.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Give him a blank check.

Nah, there's gotta be a meet in the middle contract that works for both sides.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Give him a blank check.

Nah, there's gotta be a meet in the middle contract that works for both sides.

The title says what's Kittle value. I think he's invaluable. But if the questions what's the most we should pay Kittle then it's 17m a year or he's gonna be playing tag in the near future
  • Jiks
If he wants 20+ mill then just tag him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hope he's not looking to be too greedy.
Originally posted by mayo49:

He and Kelce have to set the value for TEs. If they both take team friendly deal then no TE will get a good contract. There's always talk about players taking team friendly contracts but when it's the best at the position they have an obligation to try and get a good contract so the lesser players can ask for more.

• fip24
  • Veteran
5 years, $17M per, should do it.

There is no way the Niners can pay him that. Here is where this get tough. The franchise tag for TE' this season was about 9.3m Let's say Kelce and Ertz extend soon- that number may be 10.5 next year.
Meaning If the Niners use the franchise tag twice, they could secure Kittle for 2.2m in 2020, 10.5 in 2021 & about 14m in 2022 for a total of $26.7 for 3 years with no upfront money and no risk. Outside of "keeping the piece", not sure what would motivate the Niners to pay him anything more than 13-14m per
He's the best blocking tight end in the league, he had the most rac from a tight end since 06 by a wide margin, the best receiving tight end too, and really only beneath a couple of receivers in yards the past 2 years. He's not going to end up with tight end $. He's a special, special player and while He's not going to hit 20 mil per we are going to have to redefine tight end contracts to keep him.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I'm cool with $17m. Swap contracts with Ford.
We could possibly give him 5years 80 mil with say 40 mil guaranteed that should be good enough with the final 2 years on his deal being years we can get out if need be.

He and Kelce have to set the value for TEs. If they both take team friendly deal then no TE will get a good contract. There's always talk about players taking team friendly contracts but when it's the best at the position they have an obligation to try and get a good contract so the lesser players can ask for more.

Yes and getting something like $14-$15M per yr would shatter the TE market. Not sure how that could be looked at as "team friendly"

If he's asking for closer to $20M that's being a little unrealistic.
Share 49ersWebzone