LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Thank You 49ers For 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thank you 49ers for a surprising great 2019-2020 season. You gave us fans hope now and the future. Thank you Jed, John and Kyle Shanahan. It was a fun season again. Looking forward in 2020!!

Go Niners!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Thanks for the ultimate blue balls.
  • thl408
I was entertained.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
today to most fans who do bleed red and gold.. it will take a while to think back on this season as being positive.
It hurts, but it hurts more thinking about how we've lost our last 2 bowl appearances.

How we could have won both. we're 5-2 in the big game.

it will take a few days for me to get over it. but great season otherwise.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Imagine being upset with this season.

If someone in August told you they'd be in the Super Bowl you would have laughed at them. What a fun season! The team is set up for long term success. This wasn't a flash in the pan team. Everybody is young and everybody is under contract (or soon will be).

And while it's not predictive, the Niners are already the favorites in the NFC for 2020. Times are good. Don't be a prisoner of the moment.
  • Jiks
Sad ending but definitely one of the funner sports seasons I've had in my lifetime.
Was a hell of a ride. There's some work to do still. And if they can find a way to fix our issues in the secondary, WR, interior line, while retaining our most important players. Then we gonna be back in contention next year.

Making it to 13-3 and completely dominating NFC while having some glaring holes is wild.
The reality is that even if they won last night, my life doesn't really change much. It's neat for a few days, and then the slate is wiped clean and it's back into offseason mode and "what are we going to do in the draft/FA". The difference between winning the SB and being close to winning a SB are really not that different, in terms of enjoyment and the entertainment value it brought me. It's just a game. Hearing people cling to SB titles from 20+ years ago gets into "my dad is stronger than your dad" territory.
We beat everyone we hate this year. Rams x2, Seadderall (the "Nope" play), Packers x2 and the Saints

Great year.

Whether or not the team stays relevant and makes the playoffs annually with Kyle and John remains to be seen but I appreciate the hell out of what they did this season.
All bs aside it was an unbelievable year. We have the core and youth to maintain success. But getting to a Superbowl is incredibly hard. I am grateful for this season, though.
  • thl408
Originally posted by theduke85:
The reality is that even if they won last night, my life doesn't really change much. It's neat for a few days, and then the slate is wiped clean and it's back into offseason mode and "what are we going to do in the draft/FA". The difference between winning the SB and being close to winning a SB are really not that different, in terms of enjoyment and the entertainment value it brought me. It's just a game. Hearing people cling to SB titles from 20+ years ago gets into "my dad is stronger than your dad" territory.

Word. Win or lose, I still have the same damn bills to pay. Came up short, but was a very fun season. I'll be critical of the questionable decisions and plays from this SB as we continue to discuss it, but even that is still just entertainment.
Heartbreaking way to end the season, it was a great ride though. Looking forward to next season!
We had fun at work and our department. The most fun I can remember as Niners nation since 1994. This Niner group is just different. The future is just beginning to shine.
Can't wait til 2020 and see Deebo and Bosa again!!
[ Edited by MrCrab49ers on Feb 3, 2020 at 12:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone