LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Predict Niners record based on remaining Schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A very respectable 12-4 coming up for the 49ers
Wouldn't be surprised at 14-2
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM ]
Oh No YALL DON'T!

Bring back that thread before the season started.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 14, 2019 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Oh No YALL DON'T!

Bring back that thread before the season started.

I'm winning that thread at the moment...
14 - 2.

#1 seed in the NFC playoffs and a bye week.

This defense won't lose many games. They are just too good at all 3 levels. The running game and offensive line is clicking too. The TE is great. QB is playing a little better. Our WR's are a little iffy. That could be better. It really all depends on injuries. If we stay relatively healthy we will win a lot of games. But injuries come into play and can change this. I don't think they go through the season undefeated. That is just too hard to do for most teams. But our record is going to be really good. Far better than projected.
Conservatively:

Probable wins: Washington, Cards x 2, Atlanta -- 4 wins

50-50: Rams. Seahawks @ home, Packers, Baltimore, Carolina -- 2 wins worst case

Probable: Seahawks on the road, Saints -- 2 losses worst case.

11-5 is the floor. But it's a stretch calling the home games against the Rams and Seahawks "50-50" games. The Saints game stands out as a really challenging game.

My predictions game by game:

1. Washington -- win;

2. Carolina -- win -- not confident;

3. Arizona -- win;

4. Seattle -- win;

5. Arizona -- win;

6. Green Bay -- loss -- Green Bay coming off a bye;

7. Baltimore -- win;

8. New Orleans -- loss;

9. Atlanta -- win;

10. Rams -- win;

11. Seattle -- loss.

I have it at 13-3, but 12-4 is quite possible. The Seattle game in Week 17 may not matter to the Niners. I feel like a Green Bay loss catapults us to a win on the road on the road vs Baltimore. Great teams have great weeks of practice following a loss, and this Baltimore team is not as good as their record suggests.

That said, even though I have it at 13-3 I'm trying to keep expectations in check. That Saints team has been winning games narrowly without Brees, which means their defense is for real because I don't think Bridgewater is a particularly good QB. That means the Saints are going to be really good when Brees comes back.
[ Edited by ColorMeBaddFan on Oct 14, 2019 at 1:57 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
This should be considered since we have 2 games against Seattle left on the schedule:

19-0
49ers publish book titled "Perfection"
Originally posted by 4ML:
This should be considered since we have 2 games against Seattle left on the schedule:

Point differentials are usually better indicators of teams' success later on in the season than win-loss records at relatively early point. Seattle has been really, really lucky so far. They could easily be 3-3 or worse. They have a stretch in November and into December where they're playing Philly, Minnesota, LA and Carolina in consecutive weeks with three games on the road. I don't think they make it through that stretch without three losses. Before that stretch, they play @ Levis and then have a bye. So, we could easily be talking about 4 losses in 5 games.

That said, they've been fortunate in some games early and they get two 50-50 games at home between now and their MNF game with us -- Baltimore and Tampa. Seattle can coast to an 11-5 record.
[ Edited by ColorMeBaddFan on Oct 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by 4ML:

Nice.

Originally posted by 951NINER:
I think we can beat almost any team in the NFL but predicting our record the rest of the way depends on health. We can't afford to lose anymore players on offense. Good thing is a lot of key starters are on the mend and should be back for the final push for the playoffs or division title.

Staley
McGlinch
Spoon
Taylor
Hurd

The receiving corp has been awful in my opinion.

Should be getting Spoon, Mcglinch, Staley, and Taylor back before most of those tough games on the Schedule not sure when Hurd is available to come of Ir or if he will and not sure how long Juice will be out.
I've originally predicted 11-5. I'm changing that ton14-2. LETS f**kING GO!!!!!!!!!
I think we lose to Carolina (they are the best front we will face all season and we will still be down Staley, McGlinchey and Juice); we lose @ Seattle, we lose against the Saints, and we lose a head scratcher game somewhere in there (against the Cards, Falcons or a playing for pride Rams team).

12-4. 2nd Seed
16-0
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
5-11
Share 49ersWebzone