LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 219 users in the forums

Predict Niners record based on remaining Schedule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can easily imagine 13-3 or 12-4 at this point and I don't think it's any kind of stretch.
The trouble games for me are Packers, @ Ravens, @ saints and @ seattle. 12-4
Originally posted by Curlin:
The trouble games for me are Packers, @ Ravens, @ saints and @ seattle. 12-4

If we could make these quarterbacks make figure eights a lot, game over!
I'm thinking 12-4 and the #2 seed. Saints get the #1 seed and we'll have a rematch in the conference championship.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
5-0-11
Packers, Saints, @hawks, not expecting to win those 3. so we win only two. plus we wet the bed one game. 13-3 is quite plausible but 12-4 because of tempered expectations seems right.
I could see the Carolina game being a problem. Their new QB is on a roll (4-0), Mc Caffrey is currently the best back in the league, they lead the NFL in sacks (and we will still be out two starting tackles), and they are coming off their BYE week.
[ Edited by hello49 on Oct 17, 2019 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
Conservatively:

Probable wins: Washington, Cards x 2, Atlanta -- 4 wins

50-50: Rams. Seahawks @ home, Packers, Baltimore, Carolina -- 2 wins worst case

Probable: Seahawks on the road, Saints -- 2 losses worst case.

11-5 is the floor. But it's a stretch calling the home games against the Rams and Seahawks "50-50" games. The Saints game stands out as a really challenging game.

My predictions game by game:

1. Washington -- win;

2. Carolina -- win -- not confident;

3. Arizona -- win;

4. Seattle -- win;

5. Arizona -- win;

6. Green Bay -- loss -- Green Bay coming off a bye;

7. Baltimore -- win;

8. New Orleans -- loss;

9. Atlanta -- win;

10. Rams -- win;

11. Seattle -- loss.

I have it at 13-3, but 12-4 is quite possible. The Seattle game in Week 17 may not matter to the Niners. I feel like a Green Bay loss catapults us to a win on the road on the road vs Baltimore. Great teams have great weeks of practice following a loss, and this Baltimore team is not as good as their record suggests.

That said, even though I have it at 13-3 I'm trying to keep expectations in check. That Saints team has been winning games narrowly without Brees, which means their defense is for real because I don't think Bridgewater is a particularly good QB. That means the Saints are going to be really good when Brees comes back.

why not confident about carolina?
Originally posted by midrdan:
I think we lose to Carolina (they are the best front we will face all season and we will still be down Staley, McGlinchey and Juice); we lose @ Seattle, we lose against the Saints, and we lose a head scratcher game somewhere in there (against the Cards, Falcons or a playing for pride Rams team).

12-4. 2nd Seed

I live in NC. dont say that.
Playoff Seeding

NFC AFC
1. SF 13-3 1. NE 14-2
2. NO 12-4 2. IND 11-5
3. GB 12-4 3. KC 11-5
4. DAL 9-7 4. BAL 10-6
5. SEA 12-4 5. BUF 10-6
6. MIN 10-6 6. HOU 9-7

Wildcard

NFC AFC
MIN@GB HOU@KC

SEA@DAL BUF@BAL

Divisional

NFC AFC
GB@NO KC@IND

SEA@SF BAL@NE

Conference

NFC AFC
GB@SF IND@NE

Super Bowl

SF vs NE

Originally posted by NinerLegionnaire:
Playoff Seeding

NFC AFC
1. SF 13-3 1. NE 14-2
2. NO 12-4 2. IND 11-5
3. GB 12-4 3. KC 11-5
4. DAL 9-7 4. BAL 10-6
5. SEA 12-4 5. BUF 10-6
6. MIN 10-6 6. HOU 9-7

Wildcard

NFC AFC
MIN@GB HOU@KC

SEA@DAL BUF@BAL

Divisional

NFC AFC
GB@NO KC@IND

SEA@SF BAL@NE

Conference

NFC AFC
GB@SF IND@NE

Super Bowl

SF vs NE

it would be crazy if somehow it was SF vs IND in the superbowl, battle of tom brady's back ups lol..
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by NinerLegionnaire:
Playoff Seeding

NFC AFC
1. SF 13-3 1. NE 14-2
2. NO 12-4 2. IND 11-5
3. GB 12-4 3. KC 11-5
4. DAL 9-7 4. BAL 10-6
5. SEA 12-4 5. BUF 10-6
6. MIN 10-6 6. HOU 9-7

Wildcard

NFC AFC
MIN@GB HOU@KC

SEA@DAL BUF@BAL

Divisional

NFC AFC
GB@NO KC@IND

SEA@SF BAL@NE

Conference

NFC AFC
GB@SF IND@NE

Super Bowl

SF vs NE

it would be crazy if somehow it was SF vs IND in the superbowl, battle of tom brady's back ups lol..
Indy and Baltimore may both give the Patriots trouble, I just couldn't go against them at this point. Jackson may be able to do enough off the cusp to put some points on them but that defense isn't what it was.

Indy is solid all around, if it happened to be snowing they may be better suited to play in the weather same with the Ravens I guess.

Wouldn't that be something though (SF vs IND) lol, especially with pundits and such floating the idea of Brady coming to SF. Which means he would be preventing Jimmy G from starting again. Although I believe there are a few teams who'd give a 1st and change for Jimmy in a hearbeat. He gets flak but he gives the same effort and makes the same throws whether the pocket is clean or hes getting plastered over and over. He's going to gunsling it in certain situations to go for the killshot. We just have to accept sometimes it'll be that pretty throw we need on 3rd down and sometimes he's gonna toss 1 late into the hole shot on 2nd and 4 and turn it over.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
12-4, #1 seed in NFC.
Just one game at a time right now.
I said 6-10 before the season so we can all tell how good a predictor I am

I think 11-5. I work it like this. We play the next 4 of 5 at home. None of them are gimmes. Carolina are a good team. Arizona is dangerous and we have a tradition of doing badly in their place. I see 1-1 for the next two. Then we have Seattle, AZ and GB at home. I think we drop one of the games against the "strong" teams with established HOF-bound QBs. I don't think we get swept by AZ.

So 3-2 at the end of November, which makes it 9-2 for the year and with one foot in the playoffs.

Then we have to run the gauntlet: @BAL, @NO. Tough as nails. Home against ATL, on paper an easy win, but we always make it dramatic when we play them. I call this stretch 1-2, the one victory coming against any of the 3, probably ATL. Finally we close with 2 divisional games. I think we split those.

2-3 in December, final record 11-5. Will it be good enough for the division? It's not out of the question, since all teams can knock each other out on the day and we start with a 2 game edge vs Seattle and a 3 game one vs LAR. But we definitely play in WC weekend, hopefully at home.
Share 49ersWebzone