Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 704 users in the forums

Our 2018 NFL Draft is looking REALLY GOOD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
lol, how about you hold on to that thought until real football happens.

I thought the NCAA and preseason was real football? What the heck was I thinking?
I will say this, there has been a lot made on these boards lately of who we didn't pick, and the occasional project guy they fall in love with and some of that is valid. But you look at the last two drafts and it is shaping up to be a really goddamn high batting average for this front office compared to most. It is still early and some guys could fall off, or flash in the pan...but you can see that they know talent when they see it.
Let's wait and see how this year goes. Ever since 2017 draft took a big dump in year 2 I don't want to call anything early one way or another.

I think every draft needs a good 3 years at least to really assess properly.
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
McG plays one of the most important position in football and looks like a rock. Warner is becoming a leader on defense. We don't know what Pettis will do BUT if he keeps going from where he was the 2nd half of 2018 that's impact.

Not sure what you mean by impact players playing their rookie yr anyway..

Impact players make plays that change games. Boss, Deebo and Hurd are all rookies too but they are game changers.

Typical Webzone answer, "Bosa, Deebo and Hurd are game changers" Well I have yet to see Bosa in a game, (availability to play is big) Deebo is not a starter (yet) and Hurd appears to be a player without a position.....

I hope you are right and I am wrong, but lets see some real game tape first.
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
I thought the NCAA and preseason was real football? What the heck was I thinking?

You think preseason and NCAA is on the same level as the NFL
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You think preseason and NCAA is on the same level as the NFL

I never said that either... I can only go by what I have seen.
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
lol, how about you hold on to that thought until real football happens.

I thought the NCAA and preseason was real football? What the heck was I thinking?

Then why don't you consider Pettis and James impact players? They had bigger impacts last season than Bosa, Deebo, and Hurd.
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
I never said that either... I can only go by what I have seen.

Which is nothing currently, that's my whole point.

That's like saying Trent Taylor was gonna be this massive game changer his rookie yr because he lead the NCAA in yards...

Look I hope they all ball out, I'm one of the biggest Bosa guys in here and I was a Deebo fan...I'm not gonna say they're gonna be bigger game changers over guys who played well in the NFL already.

Gonna wait to see first...
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 21, 2019 at 8:04 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erred:
Typical Webzone answer, "Bosa, Deebo and Hurd are game changers" Well I have yet to see Bosa in a game, (availability to play is big) Deebo is not a starter (yet) and Hurd appears to be a player without a position.....

I hope you are right and I am wrong, but lets see some real game tape first.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Then why don't you consider Pettis and James impact players? They had bigger impacts last season than Bosa, Deebo, and Hurd.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Then why don't you consider Pettis and James impact players? They had bigger impacts last season than Bosa, Deebo, and Hurd.

James is a 7th round pick from a small school who is on the bubble of even making the team.

Pettis was overdrafted in most people's eyes. He is just way too inconsistent. He was targeted only one time last game and didn't do much the game before that either.

He disappeared too much last year and consistency is a major concern. He can be bullied in press coverage.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Which is nothing currently, that's my whole point.

That's like saying Trent Taylor was gonna be this massive game changer his rookie yr because he lead the NCAA in yards...

Look I hope they all ball out, I'm one of the biggest Bosa guys in here and I was a Deebo fan...I'm not gonna say they're gonna be bigger game changers over guys who played well in the NFL already.

Gonna wait to see first...

Yet by all accounts Trent is our goto receiver on third downs. The tape doesn't lie.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Which is nothing currently, that's my whole point.

That's like saying Trent Taylor was gonna be this massive game changer his rookie yr because he lead the NCAA in yards...

Look I hope they all ball out, I'm one of the biggest Bosa guys in here and I was a Deebo fan...I'm not gonna say they're gonna be bigger game changers over guys who played well in the NFL already.

Gonna wait to see first...
of course this is the truth
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Typical Webzone answer, "Bosa, Deebo and Hurd are game changers" Well I have yet to see Bosa in a game, (availability to play is big) Deebo is not a starter (yet) and Hurd appears to be a player without a position.....

I hope you are right and I am wrong, but lets see some real game tape first.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Then why don't you consider Pettis and James impact players? They had bigger impacts last season than Bosa, Deebo, and Hurd.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Then why don't you consider Pettis and James impact players? They had bigger impacts last season than Bosa, Deebo, and Hurd.

James is a 7th round pick from a small school who is on the bubble of even making the team.

Pettis was overdrafted in most people's eyes. He is just way too inconsistent. He was targeted only one time last game and didn't do much the game before that either.

He disappeared too much last year and consistency is a major concern. He can be bullied in press coverage.

James was a 7th round pick who made an impact in games last year.

More people thought Hurd was more of a reach than Pettis. Pettis had a good rookie season playing in 12 games for a team starting 2nd and 3rd string QB's for 13 games.

Everyone on offense other than Kittle disappeared last season. There will be times when Deebo and Hurd don't make impacts this season too.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 21, 2019 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:
James was a 7th round pick who made an impact in games last year.

More people thought Hurd was more of a reach than Pettis. Pettis had a good rookie season playing in 12 games for a team starting 2nd and 3rd string QB's for 13 games.

Everyone on offense other than Kittle disappeared last season. There will be times when Deebo and Hurd don't make impacts this season too.

Pettis doesn't have the physical tools to dominate his competition regularly which is why he disappears in games. Deebo and Hurd won't have that problem and will actually excel with physical play.
[ Edited by Scarlettlove on Aug 21, 2019 at 8:38 AM ]
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
James was a 7th round pick who made an impact in games last year.

More people thought Hurd was more of a reach than Pettis. Pettis had a good rookie season playing in 12 games for a team starting 2nd and 3rd string QB's for 13 games.

Everyone on offense other than Kittle disappeared last season. There will be times when Deebo and Hurd don't make impacts this season too.

Pettis doesn't have the physical tools to dominate his competition regularly which is why he disappears in games. Deebo and Hurd won't have that problem and will actually excel with physical play.

You need more than physicality to make an impact. Pettis is also plenty physical. He doesn't shy away from contact, he goes over he middle, and fights for more yards.

The narrative of him being soft is b******t.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
You need more than physicality to make an impact. Pettis is also plenty physical. He doesn't shy away from contact, he goes over he middle, and fights for more yards.

The narrative of him being soft is b******t.

I don't think he is soft. But I do think he is weaker than almost every corner he faces on Sundays.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone