There are 220 users in the forums

Our 2018 NFL Draft is looking REALLY GOOD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last year's draft class is looking really good right now.

McGlinchy- Looks like a really solid 8-10 year NFL starting Tackle

Pettis- Might not be a #1 NFL WR but looks at least a real good #2 WR

Fred Warner- Had a heck of a rookie year and looks like the Leader and Play Caller of our D at LB. Really good looking player.

Tavarius Moore- Wasted at CB his rookie year but now back to his natural position of Free Safety and he's making plays and I think he will be our starting FS for several years to come.

Kentavarius Street- 4th Rd pick last year who fell because of his torn ACL. Looking really good so far in camp & pre season. Strong as an 🐂. 2.5 sacks in ore season and a monster vs the run.

D.J Reed- One of my favorite players on the team since we drafted him. Really solid, tough fiesty corner who I think is our future top nickel CB. Also a good kick returner.

Marcell Harris- Fell into the 6th Rd because of a torn Achilles during his senior season at Florida. Started the last 5 games of the season and looked good. A heck of a backup safety who can def be a solid starter to.

Julian Taylor- Looking really good again in pre season. Adds really good depth.

Richie James- Dynamic kick returner who is also looking like a solid NFL slot receiver.

Lynch & company basically hit on every pick which is very, very tough to do. It's looking like a B+ draft right now.
It was a solid draft but it lacks impact players. This year's draft class looks much better. Boss, Deebo, Hurd all look like impact players early on.
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
It was a solid draft but it lacks impact players. This year's draft class looks much better. Boss, Deebo, Hurd all look like impact players early on.

McG plays one of the most important position in football and looks like a rock. Warner is becoming a leader on defense. We don't know what Pettis will do BUT if he keeps going from where he was the 2nd half of 2018 that's impact.

Not sure what you mean by impact players playing their rookie yr anyway..

Not sure I agree -- yet. McG is absolutely an impact player on the OL. Pettis was an impact player as a rookie in many games. Warner was a reliable tackler and coverage guy. He didn't force many turnovers, but it's not like anyone else did. Way too early to decide on him if he's an impact guy yet. Moore can be one if he earns the starting job at safety this year. Street is essentially a rookie but he's been solid so far. If our picks in the top 3 round are impact players, that's terrific.

Not super common that impact players are found in the late rounds. Yes, it happens, but not super often. I would say I guess it depends on your definition of impact player. James returned a kick for a TD. He's done very well there. If a guy is that good at returning kicks, he can be an STs impact player, just like a reliable kicker and punter can be for high pressure points and field position, respectively.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Aug 21, 2019 at 5:23 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
McG plays one of the most important position in football and looks like a rock. Warner is becoming a leader on defense. We don't know what Pettis will do BUT if he keeps going from where he was the 2nd half of 2018 that's impact.

Impact players make plays that change games. Boss, Deebo and Hurd are all rookies too but they are game changers.

Impact players make plays that change games. Boss, Deebo and Hurd are all rookies too but they are game changers.

He only cares about what counts in fantasy leagues.
I think both of the last two drafts are starting to look more and more impressive.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
He only cares about what counts in fantasy leagues.

I only care about winning games.. without Deebo, Hurd and Boss we would be lucky to win 4-5 games. #facts

Yeah good point. These two drafts should compliment each other real nicely 🙏
I only care about winning games.. without Deebo, Hurd and Boss we would be lucky to win 4-5 games. #facts

yeah and I'm sure McG/Warner/Pettis won't play a major part on if this team is successful or not this yr

yeah and I'm sure McG/Warner/Pettis won't play a major part on if this team is successful or not this yr

Nobody said anything remotely close to that. They just aren't game changers. Mcg is solid but gets owned at times. Pettis is the poster boy of inconsistency and Warner started last year and couldn't force turnovers. Not exactly game changing material.
Nobody said anything remotely close to that. They just aren't game changers. Mcg is solid but gets owned at times. Pettis is the poster boy of inconsistency and Warner started last year and couldn't force turnovers. Not exactly game changing material.
yet you haven't seen Hurd/Bosa/Deebo play one real football game lol

I love me some Deebo/Bosa but slow down.
Could have had Jaire so agree to disagree
yet you haven't seen Hurd/Bosa/Deebo play one real football game lol

I love me some Deebo/Bosa but slow down.

The talent is undeniable, it's easy to see.
The talent is undeniable, it's easy to see.
lol, how about you hold on to that thought until real football happens.
Share 49ersWebzone