LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Defensive Line Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I should be sadder than i am that hurst is gone. Im not though. Dude was a magic trick and disappeared.

Poof
TY McGill is back
Originally posted by Murphys1:
TY McGill is back

Link?
Really like TY being back
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goatroppolo:
Really like TY being back

Yeah because Kinlaw is on his way out. Fight or flight time for him.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
TY McGill is back

Link?

Home page on the Webzone!
TY McGill is back

Link?

Him and Givens on 1 year deal. Draft one later to add with Kalia Davis from last year and we should be done with our interior. Draft a DE and bring back J Willis for cheap and we're pretty much done with the line. Good job by Lynch and co.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Mar 16, 2023 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
TY McGill is back

Link?

Him and Givens on 1 year deal. Draft one later to add with Kalia Davis from last year and we should be done with our interior. Draft a DE and bring back J Willis for cheap and we're pretty much done with the line. Good job by Lynch and co.

This

D-line is where it starts
Except probably for omenihu and ebukam, most of the dlinemen who left and signed elsewhere were not much a part of our run last year. Most of them were injured and placed in IR- Hurst didn't even play at all. Ridgeway was injured for almost half of the season. We resigned most of the unsung heroes of the DLine like Givens and TY McGill. We can now also start to test our rookies like Kalia Davis and Lynch made Drake Jackson knows to put in the works this offseason because his due to carry more load. The organization is getting smarter.
I wouldn't mind another vet pass rusher to add to the mix or another vet body for the middle. Injuries are bound to happen

Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't think the 49ers want to spend much money on the other OLB position, and unless Wilks plans to overhaul the defensive scheme, which Shanny implied he wouldn't, I don't think Van Noy is a great fit at any other spot, especially DE. Van Noy is a versatile player in scheme with moving parts. He's not the type of player you just leave at 1 position like end and expect him to consistently beat tackles 1-on-1. He's best used in schemes where they manufacture pressure with games and blitzes; a guy used to disguise coverages or mess with protections. He had his best years with Belichick because that's exactly what the hoodie had him do.

Thank you my thoughts are null if he can't consistently win vs a tackle(even if it just speed around the edge).

But my thoughts were
The money to OLB is why i was thinking van noy who could then rotate at DE. The manufactured stuff is also why i thought of him, the ability to drop him in the shallow zone to defend quick routes from the wide 9 while stunting bosa.
AA and Javon shading outside shoulder of the guards, bosa standing 1yd off over the center in an 8 man box.
Drake Jackson and Kalia Davis will both have a breakout season in 2023.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

This would be ideal. They certainly have the license and the ability to do so given good health
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by JTB1974:

This would be ideal. They certainly have the license and the ability to do so given good health

another thing too is that if you can't produce with our line.... can you really produce at all lol...
How many do we need going into the camp? Final roster typically carry around 10? I'm sure we can sign and draft a few more. So far here is what we have

Armstead
Barrett
Bosa
Davis
Ferrell
Givens
Hargrave
Jackson
Kinlaw
Mcgill

Still plenty of good players and hopefully their price goes down.
Available:
Y Ngakoue, J Clowney, B Dupree, J Houston, L Floyd, M Ingram, C Dunlap, D Fowler, C Nassib, C Wormley, M Ioannidis, S Harris, K Tonga, A Hicks, N Suh, C Campbell, K Hyder, J Willis
Share 49ersWebzone