LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Defensive Line Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OL got one, lets show the other big uglies some love.

A couple good performances from some of our back ups. I think Day is a solid DT rotation player, then with Sully, AA, Taylor, DJ, i think the interior looks good playing alongside Buckner.

The DEs looks like the biggest issue, the backs up at least. They looked terrible against Cowboys 1st team OL.

Hopefully we dont stay in house and pick up a rotational pass rusher who can do some damage. Valoaga looked pretty good against back ups, but any decent pass rusher can dominate 3rd string OL.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Aug 11, 2019 at 11:18 AM ]
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Of course the backups will look terrible against the cowboys number 1's

👀
Originally posted by FaTaL:

👀

Then they dont have a place on this roster. Nobody is saying they need to go out there and dominate, but it cant look like high schoolers playing.

We have good DT depth but DE depth is bad.

Hopefully we look at teams that have good DEs and need to make cuts. Would like to see Valoaga some more, but nobody else stood out.
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Then they dont have a place on this roster. Nobody is saying they need to go out there and dominate, but it cant look like high schoolers playing.

Hopefully we look at teams that have good DEs and need to make cuts. Would like to see Valoaga some more, but nobody else stood out.

The 49ers dont have enough roster spots to get more de's.
This is it, u just have to hope those guys stay healthy.

The 49ers dont have enough roster spots to get more de's.
This is it, u just have to hope those guys stay healthy.

Its pre season week 1. There gonna be 20 cuts. There will be roster spots
3 of the 9ers DEs didn't play.

Who gets cut from the Bosa Ford Blair Street group?
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Aug 11, 2019 at 12:02 PM ]

👀

Exactly. Last night gave the scrubs a chance to sink or float against real NFL competition (while the Dallas 1's and 2's were out there).
On the DL, I thought Moore and Street were the only ones who kind of stayed afloat. Nothing mind blowing, but probably decent enough to help if guys like Bosa and Thomas miss snaps.
Valoaga owned Mitch Hyatt.
damn son, we got so many dudes on the d-line. You can't flip one or two of these guys for some decent o-line depth?
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
damn son, we got so many dudes on the d-line. You can't flip one or two of these guys for some decent o-line depth?

That'll be pretty offensive to our defensive line.

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
3 of the 9ers DEs didn't play.

Who gets cut from the Bosa Ford Blair Street group?

Nooooooooobody.
The DE's held their own
I wish Day would start.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think we're really deep on the DL.. after 1 preseason, I really think we're 8 deep.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wish Day would start.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for Niner4ever.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Exactly. Last night gave the scrubs a chance to sink or float against real NFL competition (while the Dallas 1's and 2's were out there).
On the DL, I thought Moore and Street were the only ones who kind of stayed afloat. Nothing mind blowing, but probably decent enough to help if guys like Bosa and Thomas miss snaps.

Originally posted by zonkers:

????

Moore looked to be a hard worker and Valoaga put in work too.
Share 49ersWebzone