There are 88 users in the forums

Niners decline option on Garnett

Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Stanford fan here. Never thought he was that great. Honestly he isn't a great fit for a zone blocking scheme. He's an undersized power guard... not a great combo.

I imagine with Soloman Thomas and Garnett being first round selections ... I doubt we fish in the Stanford pond on first round for awhile....

It just matters the quality of prospect. Stanford has a tackle coming out soon maybe next year or the year after that should be the top tackle in the draft. We would be foolish to pass on him. He's like Mcglinchy on steroids.
Stanford fan here. Never thought he was that great. Honestly he isn't a great fit for a zone blocking scheme. He's an undersized power guard... not a great combo.

I imagine with Soloman Thomas and Garnett being first round selections ... I doubt we fish in the Stanford pond on first round for awhile....

The stench of Kwame Harris should've been enough to steer clear for 20 years
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

So you'd have passed on Zach Ertz, Richard Sherman, David DeCastro, and Doug Baldwin. Got it.

It's not the school. It's the prospect. Focus on drafting good players. Try to avoid the bad ones. Now I will say the Garnett thing has been a head scratcher. With Thomas, we know what the issue is. If he dominates with the opportunities he's given this year on the inside, then the bust label should be gone forever. If he plays decently (starter level, but not dominating), then he was overdrafted. Still not a bust, but just not a top-10 worthy selection. If he plays like a rotational guy (the kind of play you'd expect from Sheldon Day or Ronald Blair), THEN he is a bust.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Lmao i told you guys about this loser in 2016. Smh

You a beast bro you predicted this and Solomon Thomas being a bust.

What's your opinion on bosa?

The Steeler fan hella curbed you after you went on your knees with praise. Disrespecting OG Sus. I hope you learn your lesson: don't bow to any man. Especially a bandwagoner.

Lol just giving him his props for predicting these busts.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

So you'd have passed on Zach Ertz, Richard Sherman, David DeCastro, and Doug Baldwin. Got it.

It's not the school. It's the prospect. Focus on drafting good players. Try to avoid the bad ones. Now I will say the Garnett thing has been a head scratcher. With Thomas, we know what the issue is. If he dominates with the opportunities he's given this year on the inside, then the bust label should be gone forever. If he plays decently (starter level, but not dominating), then he was overdrafted. Still not a bust, but just not a top-10 worthy selection. If he plays like a rotational guy (the kind of play you'd expect from Sheldon Day or Ronald Blair), THEN he is a bust.

Not to mention maybe our biggest need is a future tackle and by far the best prospect is Walker Little from Stanford. We would be morons to pass on him. I don't think we will because he will probably be a top 5 pick.
  • thl408
Not to mention maybe our biggest need is a future tackle and by far the best prospect is Walker Little from Stanford. We would be morons to pass on him. I don't think we will because he will probably be a top 5 pick.
Don't lose hope. No one thought they'd have a chance at Bosa, but they were able to pull it off.
#TankforLittle
Originally posted by thl408:
Don't lose hope. No one thought they'd have a chance at Bosa, but they were able to pull it off.
#TankforLittle

Please no.
I can't take another losing season.
#TankforLittle

I knew we had a chance when Jimmy G got hurt.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
#TankforLittle

Please no.
I can't take another losing season.
lol jk. I'm done with looking at the bright side of a loss (draft position).
Next drafts WR class is

Share 49erswebzone