LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Trading one of the guys has to be an option before the final cut. Get something back in return for one of these guys
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Trading one of the guys has to be an option before the final cut. Get something back in return for one of these guys

I would love to trade one of these guys for o-line depth, but not sure who is out there.
Not sure I am following the logic here. If another team thinks a player is going to get cut, or the 49ers indicate as much by putting trade feelers out, what incentive would anyone have to trade for him since they know the team is probably going to release him anyway. We have one view of our players because we read about them everyday in the camp reports. That doesn't mean that everyone else in the league sees them the same way. Every team probably has it own camp heroes that their fans are rooting for doesn't mean that ours are inherently better than anyone else's.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Not sure I am following the logic here. If another team thinks a player is going to get cut, or the 49ers indicate as much by putting trade feelers out, what incentive would anyone have to trade for him since they know the team is probably going to release him anyway. We have one view of our players because we read about them everyday in the camp reports. That doesn't mean that everyone else in the league sees them the same way. Every team probably has it own camp heroes that their fans are rooting for doesn't mean that ours are inherently better than anyone else's.

If a team lower on the waiver wire totem pole wants a receiver, they'd have to trade or risk one of the higher totem pole teams picking him up.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

If a team lower on the waiver wire totem pole wants a receiver, they'd have to trade or risk one of the higher totem pole teams picking him up.
Well, again, they would have to feel they are significantly better than any of the other bubble players on one of the other 31 teams that are going to be cutting guys. Matthews, as had injury issues, Bourne led our team in receiving yards last year with a whopping 457. Not sure why a team would be willing to give up draft capital for a guy who may or may not be significantly better than any number of other guys who will become available in a month or so to fill out what will probably be a lower tier player on their roster, regardless of their position on the waiver list. Unless they have an injury in camp or were interested in someone like Bourne coming out of college I can't really see anyone making a deal like that. But stranger things have happened I guess.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Well, again, they would have to feel they are significantly better than any of the other bubble players on one of the other 31 teams that are going to be cutting guys. Matthews, as had injury issues, Bourne led our team in receiving yards last year with a whopping 457. Not sure why a team would be willing to give up draft capital for a guy who may or may not be significantly better than any number of other guys who will become available in a month or so to fill out what will probably be a lower tier player on their roster, regardless of their position on the waiver list. Unless they have an injury in camp or were interested in someone like Bourne coming out of college I can't really see anyone making a deal like that. But stranger things have happened I guess.

That's a trap I find myself falling into every year like clockwork.
The WR's are gonna make Kyle's job hard
I hesitate to say who is going to get cut based on who is looking good in camp. Let's see at least a couple of pre season games. The other thing is we don't know what the coaches are asking these guys to do. For example, they may want to see a certain player work on the out patterns or maybe the deep play. Another guy might be asked to work on blocking skills so he gets more plays that require that. Guys can only make plays when their number is called so some might see more balls thrown their way. Only the coaches really know what they are seeing and who is performing well and who is struggling. I'm confident that we are going to end up with an above average group of receivers.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Aug 3, 2019 at 1:01 PM ]
Pettis
Goodwin
Debo
Turd
Bourne

Don't care who else makes it.
With the young & overall talent at WR this year, I wish the team could keep seven but probably will be six due to the numbers game (hope the 53 is increased by a few some day).

With an F.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Pettis
Goodwin
Debo
Turd
Bourne

Richie James!
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Pettis
Goodwin
Debo
Turd
Bourne

Richie James!

More and more I think we carry 7 WR on the roster and 6 on gameday. According to Hurd, he is primarily learning the Z flanker and Fullback positions. He is being prepared as an H-Back imo.
Hehe. I knew it. I was right again. I made it. I am smart enough again.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
I think they'll keep 7 wrs and ir McKinnon
Share 49ersWebzone