LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Wide Receivers: who gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
AFTER OUR 1ST PRESEASON, I STAND and believe that:

GOODWIN should be traded. We have young guys (Richie - Deevah - Pettis) that can do what he can and needs to see or be ON THE FIELD as much as possible.

MATTHEWS who I thought should be a starter, should also NOT make the team for the sake of Hurd and even the enigma (Pointdexter)

... but, this is only after our 1st preseason game..
Go young: Pettis, Deebo, Hurd... keep Goodwin and James. If we have to keep six, throw in Bourne because injuries happen
I have heard a lot of trade Goodwin suggestions all offseason. People have forgotten how good he looked prior to the injuries and family tragedy. He adds that vertical threat that opens the field up for everybody else. He has absolutely flashed true number one potential for couple game stretches. Until one of the youngsters develop and take it from him he is our clear number 1 by considerable margin.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
AGAIN, Goodwin has the most value and we now have young players who can do what he can for us.. and since he'll be the most attractive one, then it would be wise to package him on a trade..
The reciever I'm really not feeling is Trent Taylor.
Nice little guy that Jimmy seems to like, but I feel like his spot can easily be replaced with Matthews, James, or Deebo. Trent is easily the least explosive also. 💯
Pettis, Goodwin, Samuel, Hurd, Taylor, James, Bourne. Taylor will be inactive game days till ready
Bourne no longer has a place on this roster, it is time for him to turn in his playbook and try his luck elsewhere
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Bourne no longer has a place on this roster, it is time for him to turn in his playbook and try his luck elsewhere

Bingo. Matthews is better and proven
Originally posted by elguapo:

Matthews isn't going to make it either.
My predictions

pettis - last years high draft pick wont be cut
Deebo - high draft pick wont be cut
Hurd - same as above
Goodwin - 4.3 speed our deep threat and veteran presence
Matthews - imo looks very explosive, our only 6-3 wr with 4.4 speed, would of had 100 yards on 3 catches with 1td if Mullens didnt miss him. Shanahan also sang his praise.
Richie James - can do what trent taylor does with punt return role

Out man out:
Bourne - good but prefer matthews explosiveness in terms of height and speed
Trent taylor - 4.65 one trick pony and always injured
[ Edited by ginseng1000 on Aug 26, 2019 at 11:48 PM ]

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Matthews isn't going to make it either.

Maybe but I hope we keep 7 so he can
Originally posted by BigBug415:
The reciever I'm really not feeling is Trent Taylor.
Nice little guy that Jimmy seems to like, but I feel like his spot can easily be replaced with Matthews, James, or Deebo. Trent is easily the least explosive also. 💯

I'd love to know how you're measuring explosiveness out of these guys. To me something like the 3 cone or 20 yard shuttle would be a good indicator and Taylor was better than all those guys.

You can say that he's probably not the most athletic out of the lot but his short area quickness and burst are not a problem.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
My predictions

Hurd - same as above
Matthews - imo looks very explosive, our only 6-3 wr with 4.4 speed, would of had 100 yards on 3 catches with 1td if Mullens didnt miss him. Shanahan also sang his praise.

Out man out:

Yeah but consistently getting open and making clutch catches on third downs is a pretty neat trick.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
My predictions

Hurd - same as above

Out man out:

Yeah but consistently getting open and making clutch catches on third downs is a pretty neat trick.

AMEN!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I concur
Share 49ersWebzone