LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

You be the GM. If Bosa is there we take him. If not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

You be the GM. If Bosa is there we take him. If not?

Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Trade down to to 4 and get an additional 1st.
Watch Allen go to NYJ.
Grab QW, Polite, AJ Brown, and Savage on day one and two of the draft.
or
QW, Hakeem B., Winovich, Savage.....

I don't see NY passing on Q in this scenario though.
I think we do need a stud alongside Buckner...think about QW taking on 2 blockers, freeing up DB, Ford and whomever else Lynch acquires to get after the QB. We have some talented DL, mostly role players, but nobody's really studly inside like I believe Williams can be. We don't know yet what we'll get from Street...I'm anxious to see, but that being said, Quinnen looks for the world like a bonafide stud. I've never bought into the Bosa hype...when healthy, yes, he's been a productive player. Just think QW has more to offer. It also wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Lynch & Mayock work out a trade...it'd be nice to have another 1st rd pick, for sure.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Raiders would be kinda dumb to trade with us...from 4 to 2 is not worth it imo. They still have Carr and a few good QBs in next year's draft. They could literally be relevant AF if they stay put and draft oline / defense with their first 4 picks (three 1st rds and one 2nd).

But if they're in love with a QB this year (I hope they are), then let them be dumb f**ks

I'm all about a trade with Raiders or Giants though I don't think it's going to happen...if it does we could still get one of the "big three" with chance at Burns or Ferrell, snag LB or oline help (Staley's replacement or Weston Kilgore's replacement) and still snag WR in 2nd rd.
So here is a question, if we do end up drafting Bosa at 2, does he become the every down BE, thus making AA expendable? I like a front 4 on rushing downs with Ford-Buckner-Jones-Bosa, and on passing downs Ford-Buckner-Thomas-Bosa. Thus making AA expendable, because 9 million for a rotation guy is WAY too much.
^^^well, ah, yes. Probably so, and we would be looking for a trade. First tho, we have to be sure we get a Bosa, and even if we do, figure out who is going to be in rotation with whom. If Q ends up in our laps, and i hope not, then we have the advantage of being the only team with 10 DTs to play 2 positions. Those guys sure would get a lot of rest.

Ok, that was tongue in cheek, yet that is our situation if we end up with Q. Don't get me wrong , i like the guy for obvious reasons. But would like to see us get a DE hopefully Bosa and if not Allen.(alright he is an OLB who rushes the passer). Getting Q just raises the issue you raise. Worse, in fact than if we got Bosa, who would at least be our DE. Adding Q just increases the logjam at DT. It would be nice if we got a guy who didn't necessarily cause us to have to lighten our DT load .

I suspect it happens anyway, but DJ Jones, Blair, Day, Julian, AA, Solomon , Buckner, plus somebody i forgot...that is an awful lot of talent just for 2 DT slots. Now the thing is we got DTs playing DE...and that may be okay but it isn't great. It certainly isn't ideal. Hence drafting Bosa (or whoever) and getting another 2nd tier DE, really is critical this yr and then shedding some of the umpteen-eleven DTs we already have. That would be ideal. Q would really help the up the guy pass rush, but still we would need a stud at DE.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
So here is a question, if we do end up drafting Bosa at 2, does he become the every down BE, thus making AA expendable? I like a front 4 on rushing downs with Ford-Buckner-Jones-Bosa, and on passing downs Ford-Buckner-Thomas-Bosa. Thus making AA expendable, because 9 million for a rotation guy is WAY too much.

They will probably rotate players to keep them fresh. There's also the injury factor (knock on wood).
Personally if we draft Bosa, I think AA has more value to us in a trade. 9 million is a lot to spend on a rotational piece, and I am sure AA would like to be getting regular reps going into his FA year. Thomas or Street can back up Bosa at BE, and I hope that Thomas is along side Buckner on all passing downs inside, with Ford+Bosa on the ends. Those 4 should provide a lot of pressure from all areas, hopefully helping out our secondary a lot.
I like a AA+Taylor+mid round pick for AJ Green, if it could be done. For us we only add a couple million in payroll due to shedding AA+Taylor, but we add a true #1 WR to pair with Goodwin+Pettis. For the rebuilding Bengals, they get value out of a FA to be in Green, and get 2 young guys along with a pick to help them going forward.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Bro, no one wants AA
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
Somebody has all of his tweets, he must be afraid of a draft day sabotage to talk about it now
[ Edited by FaTaL on Apr 14, 2019 at 6:39 PM ]
Originally posted by zonkers:
I don't think the gap between 2 and 4 is worth a 1st.

It can be if other teams are competing for Murray.

Personally if we draft Bosa, I think AA has more value to us in a trade. 9 million is a lot to spend on a rotational piece, and I am sure AA would like to be getting regular reps going into his FA year. Thomas or Street can back up Bosa at BE, and I hope that Thomas is along side Buckner on all passing downs inside, with Ford+Bosa on the ends. Those 4 should provide a lot of pressure from all areas, hopefully helping out our secondary a lot.
I like a AA+Taylor+mid round pick for AJ Green, if it could be done. For us we only add a couple million in payroll due to shedding AA+Taylor, but we add a true #1 WR to pair with Goodwin+Pettis. For the rebuilding Bengals, they get value out of a FA to be in Green, and get 2 young guys along with a pick to help them going forward.

You're talking about TRENT Taylor, not John Taylor, or even the 2nd year guy Julian Taylor, right?

I'd do that in a second. AA is in year 5. We have Richie James. And what is a Mid Round Pick. Julian Taylor did at least flash a little last year.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Trade down to to 4 and get an additional 1st.
Watch Allen go to NYJ.
Grab QW, Polite, AJ Brown, and Savage on day one and two of the draft.
or
QW, Hakeem B., Winovich, Savage.....

I don't see NY passing on Q in this scenario though.

I was listing to the Locked On Jets podcast today, and they were saying that the only player they were really sold on at #3 was Bosa. If Bosa is not there, they are "desperate" for a trade down scenario. But if they could not trade out, their thinking is Jets go Allen over Williams.

Also, I think if the Raiders WERE to trade up to #2...it would be for Bosa, NOT a QB.

No, I could see AA going inside right next to Buck. When they did that last year I swear I have seen one of the beat writers point out that's when he produced some of his top production. I think they plan to keep him. With what they paid they won't get any good value back on a trade. Thomas is the rotator all around
even though quality is way better than quantity, I think most of us can agree that qw or j.allen + a WR in the first round is probably better than just bosa - because he's not that much better than qw or ja.
however, i just dont see any reason why the raiders would trade to move to the 2nd spot. i dont quite gather what would entice them to do so. as such, i think the best option is qw or bosa in the 2nd spot. it would have been great if the raiders were really looking for something at a spot higher than 4.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Williams. I have a soft spot for linemen that can manhandle multiple OL.

this
Share 49ersWebzone