LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

You be the GM. If Bosa is there we take him. If not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

You be the GM. If Bosa is there we take him. If not?

I would still take Allen because he is best at getting after QB from outside. .

Would rather not have Q yet another interior DT, but if that was what was left us in a trade down, ok. But that is the hard part. We don't need another interior. We need outside guys and if he is an OLB, so be it. Allen remains my pick at #2.
Williams. I have a soft spot for linemen that can manhandle multiple OL.
No brainer if Raiders gives us #4 and another 1st. Not likely this will happen.
Originally posted by father49er:

This! If we can get 2 firsts and only have to move down 2 slots it would be amazing and we could still get a great edge guy
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by father49er:

This! If we can get 2 firsts and only have to move down 2 slots it would be amazing and we could still get a great edge guy

I don't think the gap between 2 and 4 is worth a 1st.
Williams, easily and without hesitation. Talent level is off the charts and he still has a whole lot of room to develop further. Scot McCloughan compared him to Warren Sapp. I see him as the defensive line version of Quenton Nelson. He's an absolute bully that manhandled double teams and considering that he was a starter for just a year, his hand use is particularly well developed. You put him next to Buckner and no one is running up the middle and you'd have a crazy amount of pass rush from the interior.

I've been following the draft for a long time and you don't often see this much consensus on a prospect pretty much across the board. Pro evaluators love him, the draftnik community loves him, guys like Cosell love him, barring injury he looks to be a future NFL All Pro caliber DL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Williams, easily and without hesitation. Talent level is off the charts and he still has a whole lot of room to develop further. Scot McCloughan compared him to Warren Sapp. I see him as the defensive line version of Quenton Nelson. He's an absolute bully that manhandled double teams and considering that he was a starter for just a year, his hand use is particularly well developed. You put him next to Buckner and no one is running up the middle and you'd have a crazy amount of pass rush from the interior.

I've been following the draft for a long time and you don't often see this much consensus on a prospect pretty much across the board. Pro evaluators love him, the draftnik community loves him, guys like Cosell love him, barring injury he looks to be a future NFL All Pro caliber DL.

This, completely this.
Allen then williams then bosa then burns
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:

This, completely this.

I would be very disappointed if we didn't go QW. QW and Buckner is going to give teams nightmare for a very, very long time.

I agree

but

what if there was a way to get Allen and Cody Ford.

Still get an elite passrusher, and a great guard/tackle prospect. Ford might be the most powerful prospect to come around in the likely future that can still work in a ZBS.

I really like Qwill...but i think I take Allen and Ford 10 out of 10 times, only because of Ford's flexibility to be a right tackle or guard(some even say left tackle). Guy could be the next larry Allen.

Williams and Burns
PHX, good to see you are holding to your guns on Q. You have posted that all along if Bosa is gone, and stick with it.

I still would rather have Allen altho i can't argue with the pass rush up the gut, Bob. It would be brutal. And we have Dee F on one outside...and maybe we get another 2nd tier DE in draft, i just hope not before we take an OG. If before a S , ok.

That leaves the potential for a RAIDS trade down, we get #4 and one more 1st. If that happened, we would have either Q or Allen still there waiting for us. I like that kind of deal but didn't pick it because i don't think Gruden moves up 2 slots knowing we aren't taking murray and probably Jets aren't either , after investing in Donald last yr. But who knows...maybe they do like murray that well. And a trade up for Gruden would be the only sure bet for him to get murray...assumining he likes him that well. Kinda short even on his tip toes. Not many days now and we'll see.
There's just no new way to spin it. It's almost a shame 7 of the top ten players are DL.
Minds could really get stimulated if there were OL, WR or DB's who were all worthy of top 3 considerations along with Q and Bosa.
But it's Q or Bosa.
Trade down to to 4 and get an additional 1st.
Watch Allen go to NYJ.
Grab QW, Polite, AJ Brown, and Savage on day one and two of the draft.
or
QW, Hakeem B., Winovich, Savage.....
QW.

This team needs studs. Bosa or QW. That's it.
Share 49ersWebzone