LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

You be the GM. If Bosa is there we take him. If not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

You be the GM. If Bosa is there we take him. If not?

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Bro, no one wants AA

No kidding. No body wants AA or ST.
I would go Allen. Maybe not the best value at 2 but a mix between need and bpa. 17 sacks is not too shabby and he had no help.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trade down to the Raiders #4 and take Allen.
Trade the number 2 overall pick to the Chargers for Joey Bosa!
Take the trade and grab BPA at 4.

I honestly don't think a trade will be available and I don't see Oakland and SF working out a trade after the Mack deal.
if I was a new GM or if I was Lynch? I probably play it differently.

to not muss it up too much, my preferred options are:

1. trade down (with hopes of getting Allen)
2. take Bosa
3. take Allen
4. QW
there is no if not for me. If Bosa is there, you take him
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Williams, easily and without hesitation. Talent level is off the charts and he still has a whole lot of room to develop further. Scot McCloughan compared him to Warren Sapp. I see him as the defensive line version of Quenton Nelson. He's an absolute bully that manhandled double teams and considering that he was a starter for just a year, his hand use is particularly well developed. You put him next to Buckner and no one is running up the middle and you'd have a crazy amount of pass rush from the interior.

I've been following the draft for a long time and you don't often see this much consensus on a prospect pretty much across the board. Pro evaluators love him, the draftnik community loves him, guys like Cosell love him, barring injury he looks to be a future NFL All Pro caliber DL.

This in a flash.

THEN. move one or more of the interior guys on the squad.
Cards are taking Murray no doubt. So just depends who you want. I mean we haven't had a good guy coming off the edge since Aldon so it's Bosa for me even though QW is maybe a better prospect. I'd also be happy with another first round pick and a guy like Sweat, Allen , or Ferrell.
Bosa or QW. Bosa or QW. The only way I would move to 4, is if I am confident the Raiders are taking a QB to move up to 2, and the Jets will not be taking QW.

People talk about the 'Big 3' of Bosa, QW and Allen, but in my opinion it's really just a "Big 2"... Bosa and QW.
[ Edited by hello49 on Apr 15, 2019 at 9:26 AM ]

Considering that we usually only have 1 interior lineman rushing with the other assigned to take on 2 lineman shadow the QB in the middle, another edge makes more sense. 2 rushers for 2 rushing spot makes more sense than 2 rushers for 1 rushing spot.
One injury to Dee Ford and the Niners are worse off than last season for pass rushers. Bosa, then Allen (then Burns, then Sweat--if they trade down farther).
where is the option for Yes, take Bosa?

But anyways, i wanted Allen at the beginning. Now i say if Bosa is there, we take him.

UNLESS we can some how get a good haul in trading back.
Trade back to 4 (if available) grab another first rounder, and then take QW or Allen at 4 and WR or S with the acquired first pick. and WR, or S with out second rounder.. covering all major needs
This is assuming the Raiders want to trade with us after denying us Khalil Mack.
Share 49ersWebzone