There are 92 users in the forums

Does Dante Pettis have the talent and potential to be a #1 WR for this team?

Does Dante Pettis have the talent and potential to be a #1 WR for this team?

Nope, at best he's a 3rd or 4th wr. Dude is soft like cotton candy.
I'd say he absolutely can. He's unique in how he shakes guys on his routes, has pretty consistent hands which I feel will lobby get better, and is able to break a jam at the line pretty easy. He has shown the potential, just needs to stay healthy.
No because I think there are only 4-6 "1s" in the entire NFL guys that can consistency beat scheme to stop them. They are special players.

Be an elite "2" yes. Be top 15 nfl receiver yes. Be our 1 but not a "1" yes. I don't think you have to have a "1" to win
He's just a great fit for the X and slot at times with a few wrinkles at Z.

Let's just leave it at that for now.

It's up to him how good he wants to be.

I will say, he is the only 49er player I follow on Twitter that never talks about football. He does have a whole slew of other interests. Like last year, Kyle had to really crack down on him, called him out and ensure he's focused on helping this team. That does worry me.

And his wiggle...blessing (shake) / curse (injuries)
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 15, 2019 at 10:54 AM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
no. He cannot stay healthy.

This
  • GORO
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,218
He is Brandon Lloyd or Marvin Jones type wr that always gets open some how. Shanahan must believe in him to trade up in round 2 to get him, and not pursue any big free agent WR this year.
Originally posted by NCommand:
He's just a great fit for the X and slot at times with a few wrinkles at Z.

Let's just leave it at that for now.

It's up to him how good he wants to be.

I will say, he is the only 49er player I follow on Twitter that never talks about football. He does have a whole slew of other interests. Like last year, Kyle had to really crack down on him, called him out and ensure he's focused on helping this team. That does worry me.

And his wiggle...blessing (shake) / curse (injuries)

He didn't call him out for having other interests...let's make sure we're not twisting things around. As long as he's putting in his time I don't care if he's not tweeting about football all the time.

Curtis Martin wasn't a huge football fan and had a HOF career. Hopefully Pettis can do that as well and watch all the cartoons he wants.
absolutely, he's young, fast, very good route runner, good hands...don't see why not
Originally posted by Steve123:
No because I think there are only 4-6 "1s" in the entire NFL guys that can consistency beat scheme to stop them. They are special players.

Be an elite "2" yes. Be top 15 nfl receiver yes. Be our 1 but not a "1" yes. I don't think you have to have a "1" to win

So there are only 4-6 #1 WR's in the entire NFL?

It seems some are being very stingy with their definition of a "#1 WR."
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 16,917
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Steve123:
No because I think there are only 4-6 "1s" in the entire NFL guys that can consistency beat scheme to stop them. They are special players.

Be an elite "2" yes. Be top 15 nfl receiver yes. Be our 1 but not a "1" yes. I don't think you have to have a "1" to win

So there are only 4-6 #1 WR's in the entire NFL?

It seems some are being very stingy with their definition of a "#1 WR."

This is exactly why I created this thread here:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/192123-criteria-of-a-1-wr/

I wanted to know what people's definition of "#1" WR is. Some will say there are only 4-6 #1 WR in the league (OBJ, AB, Hopkins, Evans, Julio, AJGreen). Some will say Brandin Cooks, Doug Baldwin are #1s. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts, in that NFL Talk thread.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
no. He cannot stay healthy.

So you are projecting his entire career based on one season?
Yes. who cares if he's "small" AB and OBJ are sticks also and you guys were all over them. Not saying he has the potential but he has traits to be one. Good hands, great route running, and speed. Injuries are a concern yeah but it was one season and he was healthy throughout college so not sure how much of a concern that is really.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,045
Last year he already showed he could be a solid #2...if he isn't injury prone, he can improve to be a legit #1 in a year or so (imo).
Originally posted by thl408:
This is exactly why I created this thread here:
https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/192123-criteria-of-a-1-wr/

I wanted to know what people's definition of "#1" WR is. Some will say there are only 4-6 #1 WR in the league (OBJ, AB, Hopkins, Evans, Julio, AJGreen). Some will say Brandin Cooks, Doug Baldwin are #1s. Would love to hear your guys' thoughts, in that NFL Talk thread.

Good thread!
Lol. I love how people are saying no after just one season. Everything is possible. It's up to him and the way he trains.
Share 49erswebzone