LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Does Dante Pettis have the talent and potential to be a #1 WR for this team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Dante Pettis have the talent and potential to be a #1 WR for this team?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He is a high end #2 if he can stay healthy. He is somewhat fast, runs good routes, catches the ball and makes plays. He's too skinny to be a #1. He isn't strong enough.

He's taller and heavier than Marvin Harrison, and he dominated. To say this so matter of factly after year 1 (and a decent year at that) is just blog fodder.
Originally posted by TheGoldMineSF:
Yes. And his cat licking itself TD celebration is awkwardly hilarious

All TD celebrations are childish and inane. The cat grooming is one of the better ones tbh.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dude needs to eat a few of his cats and gain some weight, if he does that he has all the talent in the world.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He is a high end #2 if he can stay healthy. He is somewhat fast, runs good routes, catches the ball and makes plays. He's too skinny to be a #1. He isn't strong enough.

Don't forget really athletic.
There needs to he a 3rd option, "Have to see how he develops this year"
Originally posted by jonnydel:

I don't think there does, the question is talent and potential, and I think that's a definite yes.

If the question was "Will Pettis become a #1 WR?" I'd agree we'd need to wait.
I think he'll have at least 50 catches and 800 yards hes listed at 195 now so he's growing into his body. His route running is vicious he can get open fasho.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
no. He cannot stay healthy.

Obj can't stay healthy, Julio Jones is always hurt, AJ missed half of the yr etc....

All that said you don't need a WR1 to have a great offense
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 14, 2019 at 4:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 24karat49er:
I think he'll have at least 50 catches and 800 yards hes listed at 195 now so he's growing into his body. His route running is vicious he can get open fasho.

This...would you call Diggs a WR1? I wouldn't but I love me some Diggs and Thielin. Give me that with Killte and pass catching RBs and we're gonna be killing it
Originally posted by jonnydel:

This. Let's see him play a full 16 games first. It 'appears' Kyle fed him after the bye week as the XWR predominantly. And we still have Goodwin there plus Hurd, Deebo and Matthews in the mix too. I'd imagine that's still his home now but he'll move around some like the others.

Good baseline year when healthy. But let's see him build on it for 16 games particularly with Garoppolo and building up that chemistry.

I don't think any of our WRs will be top leaders in yards or touchdowns. But we will have a lot of production out of the group this year compared to last year.
Kittle is our #1. If our WRs can all come through with 200-1000 yards and a couple of Arbys at 200-600 yds., we'll be in real good shape.
[ Edited by RTFirefly on May 14, 2019 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I don't think any of our WRs will be top leaders in yards or touchdowns. But we will have a lot of production out of the group this year compared to last year.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

this, and the three new guys will elevate everyone else in my opinion. . last year this group looked around and saw what.. garcon and pettis
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:

this, and the three new guys will elevate everyone else in my opinion. . last year this group looked around and saw what.. garcon and pettis

100% cciowa. 1) A new breed of tough wide receivers just walked in the room and 2) Guys will actually have to earn their jobs this time.

I was listening to a podcast today and the guy was at the Senior Bowl with Deebo and said Deebo, without question, was the Alpha Male in the room of 100 people.

And he was stoked to take on Rock Ya Mama and just beat the hell out of anyone who got in the way. A dog. 100% footbal all the time. "He just can't get enough of it."

Hurd too.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 14, 2019 at 7:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone