2019 Team Information (Needs)

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Talent. They need talent.

This...haha!

But how...inquiring minds want to know.

Draft less Soloman Thomass and more George Kittles!!!

LMAO...you win.
Originally posted by dj43:
Outstanding job. Great contribution to the forum.

Now go take a nap. You deserve it.

I did just that. Thanks!

OP updated a ton this morning...edit as we go for another year. Thanks for the support.

And if there are any other links or team stuff you want added to the OP, lemme know.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
First, outstanding work and...

2/36 T/G Greg Little - Could be more ideal at RT at the pro level; start out at RG

I see what you did there...

Haha...knew you'd be all over that. I referenced NDT scouting top 100 and made a change on the player but same concept.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Couple things NC.

Coyle has $1.1M of his base salary GTD for injury until April 1 2019, then it's GTD for the season, now this may be an issue if he can't pass a physical due to the neck injury, he may spend the season on IR, then cut in 2020 or he may end up retiring if it's serious, I know they mentioned it could be career ending when it happened vs Minnesota.

Lee doesn't need to be $1M, he will be tendered at $645K as a ERFA

Mostert could be tendered as a RFA, but I expect a 1yr or 2yr deal to avoid RFA.

Also not sure I like cutting Jullian Taylor, he has high potential IMO, would just be more added depth IMO.

Love the FA signings though, I think Melvin would be the starter opposite Sherman though. Not sure we spend much on a SAM LB, but would be nice.

Thanks for the note on Coyle...added that as part of my off season plan as well as Lee and Mostert.

Agreed about Jullian Taylor. But if we retain AA or extend him out, we have depth at BE in Taylor, Blair, Street and Thomas. My guess is Street will rise above Taylor because of his strength and added ER ability over Taylor.

SAM for me is an every down player now. Preston Smith who plays in base and ER in nickel...like how Josh Allen is projected for us. I'm done with predictable split roles between Mark Nzeocha (base) and Ronald Blair/Cassius Marsh (nickel).
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 2, 2019 at 8:39 AM ]
NC, you still have Adam Stenavich as the assistant O-Line coach, but he left to go to Green Bay. (Nice work though!)
[ Edited by TheXFactor on Feb 2, 2019 at 8:45 AM ]
Need some critical analysis...

Obviously I'll edit as we go regarding FA and Draft acquisitions as more info becomes available. Edits are made in the OP.

But for now:

NCommand's Offseason Free Agency/Draft Retooling Plan:

2019 Salary Cap: We're projected to have $72M (including the $35M rollover) before the following cuts.

2019 Cap Cuts/Savings:
Pierre Garcon $6M
Garry Gilliam $5.05M
Cassius Marsh $4.2M
Malcolm Smith $4.05M
Earl Mitchell $3.7M
Brock Coyle $2.5M - $1.1M of his base salary GTD for injury until April 1, then it's GTD
Garrett Celek $2.1M
Dekoda Watson $1.5M
C.J. BeatHard $786K
Trent Taylor $645K
Matt Dayes $645K
James Onwualu $645K
Kendrick Bourne $645K
Godwin Igwebuike $570K
Jullian Taylor $521K
J.P. Flynn $495K
Tarvarus McFadden $13K = +$32M

2019 Total Cap: $104M

2018 Cap Spend - $87.8M
2019 Cap Spend - $69.5M
2019 Rookie Pool (7 picks) - $8.5M
2019 Remaining Cap - $25.5M
Cap Rank Post-FA Spendings - 4th Most (2018 reference)

--- Jags Trade Down Scenario ---
1,100 points = pick up their #1 for 2020 & 3rd-round 2019 pick (#69 overall)

2019 Draft:
1/7 (From Jags) ER Brian Burns - 6'5" 240
2/36 ZWR Kelvin Harmon - 6'3" 213
3/67 RG Michael Deiter - 6'6" 321
3/69 (From Jags) TE Dawson Knox - 6'4" 250
4/97 WILL/MIKE Te'von Coney - 6'1" 240
6/162 ZWR Jazz Ferguson - 6'5" 223
6/192 P Braden Mann - 5'11" 190

[Free Agents/Draft/Restructured Acquisitions] - OverTheCap & NDT Scouting was used for reference

Offensive Personnel: --- 24
QB: Jimmy Garoppolo; Nick Mullens
RB: Jerick McKinnon; Matt Breida, Jeff Wilson & Raheem Mostert
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle; [Dawson Knox]
XWR: Dante Pettis; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Richie James; [John Brown]
ZWR: [Kelvin Harmon]; [Jazz Ferguson]
LT: Joe Staley; Shon Coleman
LG: Laken Tomlinson; Joshua Garnett
C: Weston Richburg; Erik Magnuson
RG: [Michael Deiter]; [Mike Person]
RT: Mike McGlinchey

Defensive Personnel: --- 26
BE: [Arik Armstead]; Kentavius Street
1T/3T: DeForest Buckner; D.J. Jones
3T/1T: Solomon Thomas; Sheldon Day
LEO/ER: [Trey Flowers]; [Brian Burns] & Ronald Blair
SAM/ER: [Preston Smith]; [Mark Nzeocha]
MIKE: Fred Warner; [Te'von Coney]
WILL: [Jordan Hicks]; [Elijah Lee]
RCB: Tarvarius Moore; Ahkello Witherspoon
SCB: D.J. Reed; K'Wuan Williams
LCB: Richard Sherman; [Rashaan Melvin]
FS: [Earl Thomas]; Adrian Colbert
SS: Jaquiski Tartt; Marcell Harris

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Kyle Nelson
PK: [Robbie Gould]
P: [Braden Mann]
KOR: D.J. Reed & Richie James
PR: Dante Pettis; D.J. Reed
GR: [Raheem Mostert] & Tarvarious Moore
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 29,077
I don't see Beathard as a definite cut at this point. We will certainly go through OTAs and TC with at least three QBs. He isn't costing a lot and the team is already investing in him. Let's see what he has learned by the time the pre-season rolls around. If he has a decent camp, he will give Lynch some options. In any case, there is no rush to cut him with nothing in exchange for a relatively high pick. Even it were for only a 6th round pick, that is generally someone that has ST value.
Originally posted by dj43:
I don't see Beathard as a definite cut at this point. We will certainly go through OTAs and TC with at least three QBs. He isn't costing a lot and the team is already investing in him. Let's see what he has learned by the time the pre-season rolls around. If he has a decent camp, he will give Lynch some options. In any case, there is no rush to cut him with nothing in exchange for a relatively high pick. Even it were for only a 6th round pick, that is generally someone that has ST value.

Thanks for the feedback! That is certainly a guy I have in my back pocket (a few others too like Bourne and Taylor x2) and will adjust accordingly.
I thought the Garcon cut would only save us $1M and not his entire salary?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Need some critical analysis...

Obviously I'll edit as we go regarding FA and Draft acquisitions as more info becomes available. Edits are made in the OP.

But for now:

NCommand's Offseason Free Agency/Draft Retooling Plan:

2019 Salary Cap: We're projected to have $72M (including the $35M rollover) before the following cuts.

2019 Cap Cuts/Savings:
Pierre Garcon $6M
Garry Gilliam $5.05M
Cassius Marsh $4.2M
Malcolm Smith $4.05M
Earl Mitchell $3.7M
Brock Coyle $2.5M - $1.1M of his base salary GTD for injury until April 1, then it's GTD
Garrett Celek $2.1M
Dekoda Watson $1.5M
C.J. BeatHard $786K
Trent Taylor $645K
Matt Dayes $645K
James Onwualu $645K
Kendrick Bourne $645K
Godwin Igwebuike $570K
Jullian Taylor $521K
J.P. Flynn $495K
Tarvarus McFadden $13K = +$32M

2019 Total Cap: $104M

2018 Cap Spend - $87.8M
2019 Cap Spend - $69.5M
2019 Rookie Pool (7 picks) - $8.5M
2019 Remaining Cap - $25.5M
Cap Rank Post-FA Spendings - 4th Most (2018 reference)

--- Jags Trade Down Scenario ---
1,100 points = pick up their #1 for 2020 & 3rd-round 2019 pick (#69 overall)

2019 Draft:
1/7 (From Jags) ER Brian Burns - 6'5" 240
2/36 ZWR Kelvin Harmon - 6'3" 213
3/67 RG Michael Deiter - 6'6" 321
3/69 (From Jags) TE Dawson Knox - 6'4" 250
4/97 WILL/MIKE Te'von Coney - 6'1" 240
6/162 ZWR Jazz Ferguson - 6'5" 223
6/192 P Braden Mann - 5'11" 190

[Free Agents/Draft/Restructured Acquisitions] - OverTheCap & NDT Scouting was used for reference

Offensive Personnel: --- 24
QB: Jimmy Garoppolo; Nick Mullens
RB: Jerick McKinnon; Matt Breida, Jeff Wilson & Raheem Mostert
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
TE: George Kittle; [Dawson Knox]
XWR: Dante Pettis; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Richie James; [John Brown]
ZWR: [Kelvin Harmon]; [Jazz Ferguson]
LT: Joe Staley; Shon Coleman
LG: Laken Tomlinson; Joshua Garnett
C: Weston Richburg; Erik Magnuson
RG: [Michael Deiter]; [Mike Person]
RT: Mike McGlinchey

Defensive Personnel: --- 26
BE: [Arik Armstead]; Kentavius Street
1T/3T: DeForest Buckner; D.J. Jones
3T/1T: Solomon Thomas; Sheldon Day
LEO/ER: [Trey Flowers]; [Brian Burns] & Ronald Blair
SAM/ER: [Preston Smith]; [Mark Nzeocha]
MIKE: Fred Warner; [Te'von Coney]
WILL: [Jordan Hicks]; [Elijah Lee]
RCB: Tarvarius Moore; Ahkello Witherspoon
SCB: D.J. Reed; K'Wuan Williams
LCB: Richard Sherman; [Rashaan Melvin]
FS: [Earl Thomas]; Adrian Colbert
SS: Jaquiski Tartt; Marcell Harris

Special Teams: --- 3
LS: Kyle Nelson
PK: [Robbie Gould]
P: [Braden Mann]
KOR: D.J. Reed & Richie James
PR: Dante Pettis; D.J. Reed
GR: [Raheem Mostert] & Tarvarious Moore

Pretty much the same offense with Garoppolo and McKinnon back, needs an elite receiver and 2nd TE.

The defense looks pretty good on paper, the LBers and pass rush would be beastly. Maybe another CB and a healthy Earl Thomas guarantee

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pretty much the same offense with Garoppolo and McKinnon back, needs an elite receiver and 2nd TE.

The defense looks pretty good on paper, the LBers and pass rush would be beastly. Maybe another CB and a healthy Earl Thomas guarantee

I added Knox, Brown, Harmon & Ferguson to the TE/WR group.

TE: George Kittle; [Dawson Knox]
XWR: Dante Pettis; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Richie James; [John Brown]
ZWR: [Kelvin Harmon]; [Jazz Ferguson]

Anyone you'd like to add in free agency and/or the draft?

Yeah, not a great free agent class for CB...I'd sure like to add one myself. Have any in mind...or the draft?
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 2, 2019 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
I thought the Garcon cut would only save us $1M and not his entire salary?

$1M+ on a pre-June cut but $5.875M post-June cut.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
NC, you still have Adam Stenavich as the assistant O-Line coach, but he left to go to Green Bay. (Nice work though!)

Ahhhhhh, thank you. Great catch!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
First, outstanding work and...

2/36 T/G Greg Little - Could be more ideal at RT at the pro level; start out at RG

I see what you did there...

Agreed NinerGM, but I think Little may end up being a mid-late 1st rd pick, he's one of the top 5 T's in this years class.

I'm hoping to get just a little lucky this draft (please football gods).
The homie NC is dropping knowledge. I hope that lynch focus on certain units like ballard did last year with his o line and linebackers. I have no idea what lynch is doing. At least he tries, unlike baalke. If lynch can only focus on two units this year, I want majority of his focus on OL and the secondary.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Feb 2, 2019 at 4:17 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone