There are 374 users in the forums

2019 Team Information (Needs)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
NC, you still have Adam Stenavich as the assistant O-Line coach, but he left to go to Green Bay. (Nice work though!)

Ahhhhhh, thank you. Great catch!

Anytime, you the man!
NC, you still have Adam Stenavich as the assistant O-Line coach, but he left to go to Green Bay. (Nice work though!)

Ahhhhhh, thank you. Great catch!

Anytime, you the man!

A lot of you guys contribute to the OP esp. rockstars like AB.

So keep the info coming!
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 2, 2019 at 5:42 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pretty much the same offense with Garoppolo and McKinnon back, needs an elite receiver and 2nd TE.

The defense looks pretty good on paper, the LBers and pass rush would be beastly. Maybe another CB and a healthy Earl Thomas guarantee

I added Knox, Brown, Harmon & Ferguson to the TE/WR group.

TE: George Kittle; [Dawson Knox]
XWR: Dante Pettis; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Richie James; [John Brown]
ZWR: [Kelvin Harmon]; [Jazz Ferguson]

Anyone you'd like to add in free agency and/or the draft?

Yeah, not a great free agent class for CB...I'd sure like to add one myself. Have any in mind...or the draft?

Harmon's addition I like. I actually don't see any WRs in FA that I would pay big money for and in the draft I like the smaller fast receivers like Deebo and Renfro among others.

CBs there seem to be a bunch of bigger players that I think the combine will sort out.

Overall this would be a pretty competitive roster
Pretty much the same offense with Garoppolo and McKinnon back, needs an elite receiver and 2nd TE.

The defense looks pretty good on paper, the LBers and pass rush would be beastly. Maybe another CB and a healthy Earl Thomas guarantee

I added Knox, Brown, Harmon & Ferguson to the TE/WR group.

TE: George Kittle; [Dawson Knox]
XWR: Dante Pettis; Marquise Goodwin
SWR: Richie James; [John Brown]
ZWR: [Kelvin Harmon]; [Jazz Ferguson]

Anyone you'd like to add in free agency and/or the draft?

Yeah, not a great free agent class for CB...I'd sure like to add one myself. Have any in mind...or the draft?

Harmon's addition I like. I actually don't see any WRs in FA that I would pay big money for and in the draft I like the smaller fast receivers like Deebo and Renfro among others.

CBs there seem to be a bunch of bigger players that I think the combine will sort out.

Overall this would be a pretty competitive roster

I think Harmon and Harry are the two receivers we don't touch in this draft. Just not great system fits. Metcalf, Brown, Samuel, Butler, are the guys we should target. If they are gone I would pass on WR at 2 cause that means a tackle or LB probably dropped.
I think Harmon would be a X in Kyle's offense, but I'm not even sure he's Kyle's type of WR.

I think Deebo Samuel is 100% Kyle's type of ZWR.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think Harmon would be a X in Kyle's offense, but I'm not even sure he's Kyle's type of WR.

Agreed. One of the Ole Miss guys wouldn't be too bad either lol. Would this be the first time two WR on the same team go first round?
Originally posted by Heroism:

I could totally see that as well and I'd have no issues with that.

I struggle with the Z in this offense...Pierre Garcon and Kendrick Bourne. Neither seemed featured d/t injuries and role/skill set.

Like last year, Bourne was on the field the most but was primarily blocking a ton in the run game while the X and slot/TE were featured (Pettis/Kittle).

Sticking with that theme, he might want a little bigger body there esp. if Kyle feels like he can refine his routes, add more to his route tree and he's an added threat in the RZ (Bourne).

After the last couple years of constantly seeing Taylor, Pettis, Goodwin, etc. hurt, while Bourne has been out there every snap, maybe...just maybe...he goes for a different frame this time around (but just for the Z).
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 3, 2019 at 6:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think Harmon and Harry are the two receivers we don't touch in this draft. Just not great system fits. Metcalf, Brown, Samuel, Butler, are the guys we should target. If they are gone I would pass on WR at 2 cause that means a tackle or LB probably dropped.

If we needed another X or slot, I'd more agree but what this team lacks is a true Z.

It's a tad irrelevant though because Kyle, like what we saw last year, will move guys around. He even had Goodwin taking snaps at Z to feature Pettis at the X and let him settle in there but I don't think he'd want him as the primary Z there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 3, 2019 at 6:45 AM ]
Thanks!

Those would be two ideal targets even more. I'm bummed the Colts resigned Mark Glowinski. That could have helped. Perhaps we could target someone like Forrest Lamp, resign Person and go hard at OL in the draft.

I don't know if I addressed the CB position enough.

That unit needs experience. Throwing a bunch of kids back there is asking for trouble. Lynch needs to go balls out and sign two experienced safties and sign an experience corner. (maybe two) IMO, the current 49ers young players are not starting material.

The O line is a complete mess and it is much worse since they traded Brown, but that's neither here or there... How could the 49ers ignore their interior of the O line is completely baffling....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Thanks!

Those would be two ideal targets even more. I'm bummed the Colts resigned Mark Glowinski. That could have helped. Perhaps we could target someone like Forrest Lamp, resign Person and go hard at OL in the draft.

I don't know if I addressed the CB position enough.

That unit needs experience. Throwing a bunch of kids back there is asking for trouble. Lynch needs to go balls out and sign two experienced safties and sign an experience corner. (maybe two) IMO, the current 49ers young players are not starting material.

The O line is a complete mess and it is much worse since they traded Brown, but that's neither here or there... How could the 49ers ignore their interior of the O line is completely baffling....

Worst coverage unit by a country mile. Even adding ET to pair with Sherman, does anyone trust Tartt, Harris, Williams, Reed, Witherspoon or Moore?

Sure a pass rush will help a ton but does anyone trust ShanaLynch to find great ER's?

It's a dilemma.

Lynch was so excited because Tomlinson had a good first game against Donald and instantly gave him an extension. Then L.A. added Suh. And the results were predictable. If they want to keep going cheap for average G's with zero depth/talent behind Richburg, you'll continue to average 125 QB hits a year. The sad thing is they've also not developed a single G behind Tomlinson and Person (who should cash in on FA now like Fusco did). They keep ignoring the position and continue to bank on Garnett's broken fatass.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 3, 2019 at 7:38 AM ]

Worst coverage unit by a country mile. Even adding ET to pair with Sherman, does anyone trust Tartt, Harris, Williams, Reed, Witherspoon or Moore?

Sure a pass rush will help a ton but does anyone trust ShanaLynch to find great ER's?

It's a dilemma.

Lynch was so excited because Tomlinson had a good first game against Donald and instantly gave him an extension. Then L.A. added Suh. And the results were predictable. If they want to keep going cheap for average G's with zero depth/talent behind Richburg, you'll continue to average 125 QB hits a year. The sad thing is they've also not developed a single G behind Tomlinson and Person (who should cash in on FA now like Fusco did). They keep ignoring the position and continue to bank on Garnett's broken fatass.

But but but.... Garnett can run blockz and he fitz the sistem!!!!

It's a dilemma.

I know there is a need at guard but to say they keep ignoring that position is not true. The guys they did bring in haven't worked out but they have had to address a lot of other positions so guard has not been their priority. Don't forget it takes some time to develop talent and they have only been there for 2 years. Unless there is a rare talent you don't usually use a first rounder on a guard.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
But but but.... Garnett can run blockz and he fitz the sistem!!!!

LOL...dude fits a power scheme like Brown, if anything.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I know there is a need at guard but to say they keep ignoring that position is not true. The guys they did bring in haven't worked out but they have had to address a lot of other positions so guard has not been their priority. Don't forget it takes some time to develop talent and they have only been there for 2 years. Unless there is a rare talent you don't usually use a first rounder on a guard.

Of course it didn't work out...they brought in a busted up knee Cooper, banked on a never-healthy, no-fit-scheme Garnett, brought in a 30 year old journeyman in Person, drafted no one and extended Tomlinson who is the definition of average at best.

Now, had they thrown a number of resources at the position like CB and it still didn't pan out, that's one thing.

But this FO absolutely ignored real depth at C and the 2 G positions and we're now in year 3 and have developed nobody. Literally, they don't even have a body there.

They banked on a veteran C and 2 top notch T's to mask the inside deficiencies and it fooled no one (125 QB hits / 117 last year).

And they have a FQB coming back from an ACL...one he sustained being flushed out of the pocket and scrambling.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 3, 2019 at 8:10 AM ]
HC
DC
WR
Pass Rusher
CB
LBs
Safteys

Man we need a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone