There are 178 users in the forums

Week 14 - Broncos @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hopefully we don't win this game. No need to cuck ourselves out of the top prospect for a meaningless win like in 2016.
If the Broncos can't beat the Niners through the very will and presence of Von Miller, it makes the whole argument about the benefits of tanking for Bosa seem highlighted as suspect.
One pass rusher doesn't make the team.
We win, we move on on merit, and draft whoever is there.
I know what you're saying but I don't agree at all. A dominant pass rusher like Miller is essential yes you need other players however having a pass rusher like that is so important
LMFAOOOOO at everyone rooting for us to lose like getting the first overall pick and drafting a 4th Dlinemen in 5 years (with red flags mind you) will guarantee success for years to come

[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Dec 6, 2018 at 12:56 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We must lose.
LULZ At all these people wanting the Niners to win this meaningless game with a bunch of back ups because we could get a great pass rusher like Myles Garrett instead of a s**tty player like Solomon Thomas. I guess these people want to set the franchise back another year or two by wasting a first round pick on somebody because of a meaningless win. What does Myles Garrett have 10 sacks already? He almost has a sack a game in his career. Wow that is definitely worth a loss or two. I think people need to see the big picture
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 6, 2018 at 1:15 PM ]
LMFAO at those rooting for us to win like beating the Broncos and getting a worse draft slot will guarantee success for years to come.
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
LMFAO at those rooting for us to win like beating the Broncos and getting a worse draft slot will guarantee success for years to come.

Agreed. It doesn't make us any less of a fan when we want to acquire an elite pic instead of a?. I know nothing is guaranteed in the draft but there are such great players at the number one spot historically compared to the second or third

Myles Garrett vs Solomon Thomas
Peyton Manning vs Ryan leaf

They say 👋
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 6, 2018 at 1:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
LMFAOOOOO at everyone rooting for us to lose like getting the first overall pick and drafting a 4th Dlinemen in 5 years (with red flags mind you) will guarantee success for years to come

yeah cause winning that rams game was so worth it. f**k Myles Garrett we got us solomon thomas

I had that same mentality also, i wanna win! But sometimes you need to think ahead of the future. Of course coaches and the FO will never say that, but its pretty obvious theyre tanking (also we legitimately suck ) ever since jimmys injury.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

yeah cause winning that rams game was so worth it. f**k Myles Garrett we got us solomon thomas

I had that same mentality also, i wanna win! But sometimes you need to think ahead of the future. Of course coaches and the FO will never say that, but its pretty obvious theyre tanking (also we legitimately suck ) ever since jimmys injury.
Yeah I think we've proved a point that this is a no brainer. It's so obvious

Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:

Agreed. It doesn't make us any less of a fan when we want to acquire an elite pic instead of a?. I know nothing is guaranteed in the draft but there are such great players at the number one spot historically compared to the second or third

I'm still dancing over that great last drive that gave us Solomon Thomas instead of Myles Garrett, aren't you? That win guaranteed us success for years to come.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Team needs to draft 4 DBs in the first 5 picks like Walsh did. lol
Originally posted by SoCold:

we do that for passrushers. One of them will eventually get their pinky cut off during half time
Originally posted by SoCold:

I thought he had an open tryout at San Mateo High in 1980? He was desperate.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

I get it! Honestly, I wanted Garrett too, that win was probably the worst in franchise history, but with that said We still had a top 3 pick and we blew it, that's the front offices fault. I understand tanking for better talent but consintly losing like we've been is terrible for a football team
Share 49ersWebzone