LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

Week 10 2018 - Thoughts after rewatching the first half of the season...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Agree, i know dots just do not connect themselves but you just can not set there and assume mckinnon would have been the next coming of roger craig. and make no mistake. many people thought that. and now people just assume he and jimmy will be 100 per cent healthy for next year. seems to me we were always told. it takes at least a year even when you come back before you are healthy. if you ever are. knowing our luck we will end up with two bowmans on our hands

Considering what kyle did with UDFA Breida and a career nomad in Mostert I don't think it's hard to assume good things for Mckinnon, no?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
I was at that game and bills fans were hanging Kap blowup dolls from trees (how's that for racist) they were selling shirts with Kap's face and a bullseye around it. They were punching/tackling Kap dolls saying about every racist thing you could think of. Give me a break with that s**t. Freedom of speech and being a fan is one thing....and then there's been a redneck hillbilly racist that was so graciously accepted by a massive amount of people.

Here's a thought, you don't like Marvin's comments or options don't read them...pretty simple.

Stud would've thought he died and went to heaven if he were there

It was f**king disgusting and really pissed me off. It was so accepted. All I was wearing was a Niner hoodie and hat and one Bill fan told me I wasn't allowed to come in while the anthem was going (he could barely stand). I laughed in his face and told him to piss off. I like to have some brews, but those a-holes take it to another level. Not much else to do there I guess lol.

Glad you guys made it out safe. I've seen some brutal fights during Redskins vs Eagles games.

I was with some good Bills fans which helped, we all love to talk smack but it was ridiculous and racist for sure.
No such thing as we'd have 7 wins if "x" didn't happen. No one gives a sh. It's irrelvant. Come up with a better plan b at qb.

We should all give him a pass but the pressure is on next year.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 16, 2018 at 1:40 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
No such thing as we'd have 7 wins if "x" didn't happen. No one gives a sh. It's irrelvant. Come up with a better plan b at qb.

We should all give him a pass but the pressure is on next year.

Losing your best player at the most important position in sport isn't irrelevant. It will change the course of a season and it just so happened it was early in the yr for us.

We talk about crap hypotheticals all the time in here (if we would have drafted so and so or signed so and so) I think it's fair to throw out what our record could have been with a player that was actually on our team.
Losing your best player at the most important position in sport isn't irrelevant. It will change the course of a season and it just so happened it was early in the yr for us.

We talk about crap hypotheticals all the time in here (if we would have drafted so and so or signed so and so) I think it's fair to throw out what our record could have been with a player that was actually on our team.

Point is it happened, we failed to overcome it, it is what it is.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Agree, i know dots just do not connect themselves but you just can not set there and assume mckinnon would have been the next coming of roger craig. and make no mistake. many people thought that. and now people just assume he and jimmy will be 100 per cent healthy for next year. seems to me we were always told. it takes at least a year even when you come back before you are healthy. if you ever are. knowing our luck we will end up with two bowmans on our hands

Considering what kyle did with UDFA Breida and a career nomad in Mostert I don't think it's hard to assume good things for Mckinnon, no?

Not difficult at all for most folks. But, for some it would squash a narrative, so....
[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Nov 16, 2018 at 2:21 PM ]
It was f**king disgusting and really pissed me off. It was so accepted. All I was wearing was a Niner hoodie and hat and one Bill fan told me I wasn't allowed to come in while the anthem was going (he could barely stand). I laughed in his face and told him to piss off. I like to have some brews, but those a-holes take it to another level. Not much else to do there I guess lol.

Truly insane how riled up people got over kneeling
Yay...Marvin's back!!! Long time follower...missed your weekly posts and glad to hear all is well!
Go look at the games we lost. You don't think Jimmy G would have changed the out come of the Chargers, both Zona games, GB game, and NY game? You're looking at 7 wins right there man.

Playoff team? Maybe maybe not (if everyone is healthy). But they could have been on the fringe of a wild card which isn't awful at all. That's not being bias at all.

After that first game in Minn Jimmy was completing 68% of his balls and had 4 TDs zero INTs.

People bring up something like a INT that didn't happen as a reason to poo poo on him. Guess what there was a flag, that's football. I can blame half of those sacks and at least 1 INT on other things outside of jimmy G if we want to bring up stuff. He masked at lot of issues with this team and that OL has started to click as the yr went on. Why can't you say the same about Jimmy? Kid got better each week.

This!! These posters don't really believe C.J. or Mullen's would of played better than jimmy in the losses. They just like to argue. Not even 1 out of 100 would argue that point. There's no way to tell???? 😂

Please tell me how jimmy would of magically lost to Arizona twice, the chargers nyg gb??? If they admit the obvious they would also be admitting we are 7-3 and a good team headed for 10-6 or possibly better with jimmy. We have an easy schedule the rest of the year besides the rams. Good qbs help out deficiencies that's why they are good qbs.
Originally posted by elguapo:
This!! These posters don't really believe C.J. or Mullen's would of played better than jimmy in the losses. They just like to argue. Not even 1 out of 100 would argue that point. There's no way to tell???? 😂

Please tell me how jimmy would of magically lost to Arizona twice, the chargers nyg gb??? If they admit the obvious they would also be admitting we are 7-3 and a good team headed for 10-6 or possibly better with jimmy. We have an easy schedule the rest of the year besides the rams. Good qbs help out deficiencies that's why they are good qbs.

I doubt anyone believes it too. They just don't care about your imaginary wins.

How about Jimmy makes it thru a season before we cry foul.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 17, 2018 at 5:33 AM ]

The good thing is next year jimmy will walk into an ol that is much much improved from week 1-3 that was a turnstyle and injured comically. However still no playmakers at wr. I wish we got Allen Robinson even if we overpaid

It's about as made up and imaginary as people b***hing about players that SF didn't draft.

Half the s**t we talk about in here is "what if" stuff.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 18, 2018 at 9:36 AM ]
I never thought we were going to have a great first half of the season even before JG and McKinnon got hurt. Too many young players and an o line that if healthy would take time to play well as a unit, and no pass rusher. I was surprised at the sophomore slump by done of our defense,, but still think if we can get some edge rush help next year and stay just the slightest but healthier overall that things will fe better. Way to many people not facing reality at the beginning of this season.
Always good to hear from you, Marvin.
Marvin, you are right about Sherman. He was the Mouth of Sauran at Seattle. I thought he would be a cancer here. I was wrong too. He's been a solid team player.
Share 49ersWebzone