There are 278 users in the forums

Week 10 2018 - Thoughts after rewatching the first half of the season...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought about making a thread like this, but the only thing I could come up with was ...
  • dj43
Originally posted by Stud:
Meh, just disappear, one of us will take over for you.

You lost me 2 years ago when you started whining about the treatment of Kaepernick by Bills fans. Basically implying that Kap had a right to freely express himself but Bill's fans didn't. Very hypocritical of you, not to mention nobody cared about your opinion on the matter since you were supposed to be talking about your thoughts after the game. You know, the game itself.

Plus as proof above, you seem to have issues with peoples opinions you don't like. Maybe you should step aside and let someone else do it.
Originally posted by dj43:

You lost me 2 years ago when you started whining about the treatment of Kaepernick by Bills fans. Basically implying that Kap had a right to freely express himself but Bill's fans didn't. Very hypocritical of you, not to mention nobody cared about your opinion on the matter since you were supposed to be talking about your thoughts after the game. You know, the game itself.

Plus as proof above, you seem to have issues with peoples opinions you don't like. Maybe you should step aside and let someone else do it.

Nice! That was totally uncalled for so I'm glad he got banned, Marvins never done anything bad to anyone of us. Great job on the summaries I hope you have enough time to do more we all appreciate you so much
[ Edited by elguapo on Nov 15, 2018 at 12:09 AM ]
Offensively, Kyle is putting up plenty of points with his Datsun 210 offense😂😂😂. The D, well, key the circus music here. Saleh def out coached here. Doesn't stick to imaginative dline play. Against the Chargers he was confusing the heck out of Rivers at first then reverted back to rushing 4.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did you feel your ears burning after I mentioned you taking a break in my post or what?

I agree on pretty much all points. Said some similar things throughout the other thread.

LOL. Nah. Just been a rough year man.

Agree with you Marvin, 1000%, this year has been very painful.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did you feel your ears burning after I mentioned you taking a break in my post or what?

I agree on pretty much all points. Said some similar things throughout the other thread.

LOL. Nah. Just been a rough year man.

Hmmm....

I sure hope that doesn't mean what it could, Marvin. I had my "rough year" two years ago.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Good post. I was amped for this season. Most pumped I've been since last year harbaugh. But f**k, what a disappointment

The players are playing hard for Kyle. He is talented, although, IMO he is too involved in all the details of the offense. He needs to groom a real OC and take on more of a complete leadership role which includes defense. Our defense is too undisciplined. Remember soloman jumping offsides on 4th down in Minnesota?

Kyle is a GREAT oc. But that is a different role than a head coach. I hope he learns this season, and comes back strong. Like I said, guy is talented and the players are still playing their asses off for him

Our first round picks have been so f**king disappointing, and you're right about Brieda. He is a good platoon back. 10-15 carries a game.

Pettis will get better. He also needs jimmy.

Breida is 7th in the league in rushing with 632 yds. 113 carries in 10 games.
124 receiving on 15 catches.
Turns 24 in Feb.

A whale of a pleasant surprise from the UDFA.
  • DaBum
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

Whoa. Dude had 5000+ posts. He likely woke up a bitter surprise lol. Glad to see things got handled. I was shocked to see what he wrote.
With Jimmy G we're obviously a playoff team this year. And with the emergence of Matt Brieda and George Kittle next season will be bonkers with a healthy Jimmy, McKinnon and hopefully that pass rusher.

So bad luck is bad luck and that's the breaks. But there's a lot of good this season.
  • dj43
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
With Jimmy G we're obviously a playoff team this year. And with the emergence of Matt Brieda and George Kittle next season will be bonkers with a healthy Jimmy, McKinnon and hopefully that pass rusher.

So bad luck is bad luck and that's the breaks. But there's a lot of good this season.

One pass rusher is a must. A second is also high on the list in case of injury.

Don't forget a quality WR. Too easy to shut down the rest of that crew right now. Kittle can't do it all on his own.

Talent is definitely there. But can this HC get them prepared and not collapse in the 4th quarter? Only time will tell but the evidence from this year is not encouraging.
Nice to see your posts again, Marvin, and congrats on your fiction writing. Couple weeks ago just finished my first historical fiction novel , a medical malpractice effort. But writing is one thing, and if you have done much, you know that getting it published is another. Currently just taking it easy before doing the "find the publisher" part.

Agreed with a good many things you brot up, but a word on Shanahan. I will go to the matt for him as he was THE guy i wanted. Watching that guy scheme play calls is worth watching the whole miserable game, if it is a usual loss. He is always worth watching. Downside is he IS still the HC and as such, needs to be the guy to call out on D also. Altho we all know the circumstances under which Saleh was hired, to not have at least looked around this past off season was a bit disappointing. Saleh doesn't seem to be improving and when the OC is measured up with the DC...well, you are looking at the Grand Canyon.

As we have seen, when a QB lites it up, somehow the D seems to play better. With Saleh, tho it is painfully hard to see kyle's Fantastic playcalls and then on D, watch our effete D get creamed in DBackfield, and then both ends of our DL just underperform.

Somehow kyle has to make up the gap between OC and DC, because right now, it is painfullly pathetic. I hope JL is out there scouting and listening for anybody who might be a good fit here at DC, both NFL and NCAA. Kyle as HC is greatly diminished by his lackluster DC. I just hope he and john make a change that is for the better come off season. If a lateral move...no. Don't can Saleh. But if we can do better, LOTS better, i pray that they get that guy.

The other thing making a dent in kyle's Performance is the players. And while that is JL/KS, the honest truth is we needed 20 new starters to go with Joe S and Buck. A good many of us, me included, are antsy that KS/JL haven't done better with our picks. Sad truth is we needed not just 20 new starters, but antother 22 starting backups. Make that 42 players we needed to add. When you look at it like that, cripes its no wonder we look like caca , esp on D.

Neither kyle nor john were responsible for the drafts the previous 5 yrs, and we now know we got bupkis. 2 starters from all those drafts? Ouch.

So whereas i get down on kyle's Failures at times, it always has to do with his HC duties, not his OCing, the main reason i watch games. Watching our D play no better than last yr is ugly. I would like to see things move faster, but with the number of starters we need as per your list, then you have to add 22 more as backups who could start. Nobody in the NFL could do that in 2 yrs, and we won't either. Sadly, next yr is going to be like this yr should have been, except for...our monster bugaboo...and no, i didnt think that was possible yet once again....I N J U R I E S. Damn what a show. So many guys hurt, and it just seems to reoccur again and again. The odds on us and injuries? Must be off the charts. So that also affects the team Kyle puts out there.

My hope for kyle is an assistant HC, a very experienced and talented DC, and a raft of position coaches who are some of the best in the business. Lacking that he i going to be running around like a chicken sans head, just because he cannot do all things for all positions. That is just too much. His failing? Not realizing that he needs help, desperately. I just wish he realized that he IS the HC and as such can relegate some things, and then hands on , do others. But i fear he is going to flail until he gets that part of HCing down...rely on others you trust. My guess is he doesn't trust many. Finding good people will solve this dilemma.

As for the season ending game 3...i think i lost my cookies when that happened to JG, as i instantly recalled one of those on each knee.. In summary, i would like to see Kyle here for the long haul...not 6 yrs but 16...or however many he wishes. But if he doesn't do something at DC, he is in danger of not getting that 6th yr renewed. Right now, if i were to pick a DC, i would be looking at Nick saban's DC and same for Dabo Sweeney. Sure there are several i like in NFL, but all have jobs. There will be some turnover, tho, come season's end.

I firmly believe that if kyle were to get a Wade Phillips 2 type DC, as good as his OCing is, it would get way better. I just wish he saw it the same way. Meantime we flounder, altho sometime, maybe while still in this lifetime, the injuries somehow, magically go away. No question, if kyle had all his guys healthy, we would be a vastly different team. Right now with injuries we have the albatross hanging around our necks.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Glad you are back Marvin. Was beginning to worry if something bad happened to you.

thanks for the post. great as usual.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I was at that game and bills fans were hanging Kap blowup dolls from trees (how's that for racist) they were selling shirts with Kap's face and a bullseye around it. They were punching/tackling Kap dolls saying about every racist thing you could think of. Give me a break with that s**t. Freedom of speech and being a fan is one thing....and then there's been a redneck hillbilly racist that was so graciously excepted by a massive amount of people.

Here's a thought, you don't like Marvin's comments or options don't read them...pretty simple.

Stud would've thought he died and went to heaven if he were there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

OBVIOUSLY?? LOL. sorry but you are wrong. try to be objective. even if jimmy got back on track and remember he was off when he did play.. our wide outs are just not that good. last year he made em look good but this year. you got old hurt garcon. taylor is nothing. goodwin is injury prone this year. and then you got kids who have done little. you jam these guys. they will do nothing,. you have a elite tight end but nothing behind him. the defense is not playoff worthy, hell its not worthy of much at times and even our special teams aside from the kicker struggles. sorry, but it is not obvious to me we were a playoff team. we were a 7 maybe 8 win team
Share 49ersWebzone