Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 729 users in the forums

Week 10 2018 - Thoughts after rewatching the first half of the season...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Did you feel your ears burning after I mentioned you taking a break in my post or what?

I agree on pretty much all points. Said some similar things throughout the other thread.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did you feel your ears burning after I mentioned you taking a break in my post or what?

I agree on pretty much all points. Said some similar things throughout the other thread.

LOL. Nah. Just been a rough year man.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,175
Steve Young's head dying was much more brutal than Jimmy Gs knee.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Steve Young's head dying was much more brutal than Jimmy Gs knee.

Well of course it was, but that wasn't after several years of outright sucking with some winning on the horizon. I also wasn't posting in this forum when Steve took that final hit.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did you feel your ears burning after I mentioned you taking a break in my post or what?

I agree on pretty much all points. Said some similar things throughout the other thread.

LOL. I was just about to say in another thread that even Marvin gave this season up. Right on Q bro
Hey Marv, happy to see you.
  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 33,337
Glad you're back. You write fiction? Can you write a story where the 49ers successfully rebuild and win a SB? Please start it with, "Once upon a time...", those are the best stories.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
  • Posts: 133,175
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Steve Young's head dying was much more brutal than Jimmy Gs knee.

Well of course it was, but that wasn't after several years of outright sucking with some winning on the horizon. I also wasn't posting in this forum when Steve took that final hit.

I'm just taken aback by the most excited you've ever been like in your entire fandom for THIS season. So many question marks. We don't know if Jimmy will be a franchise QB. They just gambled and gave him the cash like one. He could be awesome for the next 10 years? He could also be injured all the time and never be able to achieve his full potential? Can Kyle be the next coordinator to become a great HC? Maybe he's just another Norv Turner? Until the team proves something I can't get that excited. My excitement with the 49ers has turned into intrigue. I'm just curious to see what kind of crazy s**t happens next. Like maybe Mullins and CJ get injured in a game and they need to play Trent Taylor at QB?
  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 38,437
Welcome back, Marvin.

Always enjoy your thoughtful comments.
Great read! I agree with everything, especially about Shanahan and Kittle. JimmyG is gonna ball out next year!
Originally posted by thl408:
Glad you're back. You write fiction? Can you write a story where the 49ers successfully rebuild and win a SB? Please start it with, "Once upon a time...", those are the best stories.

LOL.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Steve Young's head dying was much more brutal than Jimmy Gs knee.

Well of course it was, but that wasn't after several years of outright sucking with some winning on the horizon. I also wasn't posting in this forum when Steve took that final hit.

I'm just taken aback by the most excited you've ever been like in your entire fandom for THIS season. So many question marks. We don't know if Jimmy will be a franchise QB. They just gambled and gave him the cash like one. He could be awesome for the next 10 years? He could also be injured all the time and never be able to achieve his full potential? Can Kyle be the next coordinator to become a great HC? Maybe he's just another Norv Turner? Until the team proves something I can't get that excited. My excitement with the 49ers has turned into intrigue. I'm just curious to see what kind of crazy s**t happens next. Like maybe Mullins and CJ get injured in a game and they need to play Trent Taylor at QB?

As I said, it wasn't because I thought THIS team was going to win a ring. If it were than maybe 2012 or 2013 might have been the most excited. Or maybe even 1994 when they went on a spending spree and signed Norton, Plummer, Dent, etc, etc and drafted Bryant Young and WIlliam Floyd.

It was much more about seeing DRECK for so many season, there ALWAYS being questions around the Qb be it Smith, or Kap, or whatever...and now we just might have THE guy. Just maybe.

The season would likely end up 500, but we'd get a full year to see him play and see the team develop with a brilliant playcaller.

...but no. Gut Punch. Out for the year in week 3. UGGGGGGG.
Might want to consider the absolute horrible ball security and terrible penalties. That is all coaching and this team is not disciplined at all. That is on Shanny. If they were disciplined and just didn't have the talent to match up it would be one thing. But this team sucks and the coaching sucks to match. Great play caller. Terrible at preparing the team.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Might want to consider the absolute horrible ball security and terrible penalties. That is all coaching and this team is not disciplined at all. That is on Shanny. If they were disciplined and just didn't have the talent to match up it would be one thing. But this team sucks and the coaching sucks to match. Great play caller. Terrible at preparing the team.

...and prime example #1 of what I meant by staying away to avert the annoyance of stuff like this. Totally entitled to that opinion and I hear you, but its just that IMO that's so far off base I don't know where to start...and I really don't have the strength or fortitude these days to argue it.

Peace.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone