LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Shut down injured players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

At 1-7 and playing pathetic football, the FQB on IR, safe to say this season is lost & all about building toward next season. Week in and week out it seems like we sustain more injuries and several guys are roughing it out & playing through injuries.

Simple yes or no question, should we shut down these guys until their 100% healthy even if that means for the season? I'm talking about guys who have a future with the team. Why let these guys struggle to play every week & risk long term injury? I'm thinking about players such as:

Matt Brieda
Rueben Foster
M.Williams
Witherspoon
Staley

On another note, some decent players we need to trade right now in my mind are; Garcon, Garnett, M.Smith, E.Mitchell, Ward, Armstead.

Haven't posted in forever it seems like, interested to see what the Zone thinks. Hang in there boys, we're closer than it seems, next year right?
[ Edited by matt49er on Oct 29, 2018 at 5:43 AM ]
Let em play you cant break broken
Shut down the kind of injured players, and trade all the old players.
Originally posted by matt49er:
At 1-7 and playing pathetic football, the FQB on IR, safe to say this season is lost & all about building toward next season. Week in and week out it seems like we sustain more injuries and several guys are roughing it out & playing through injuries.

Simple yes or no question, should we shut down these guys until their 100% healthy even if that means for the season? I'm talking about guys who have a future with the team. Why let these guys struggle to play every week & risk long term injury? I'm thinking about players such as:

Matt Brieda
Rueben Foster
M.Williams
Witherspoon
Staley

On another note, some decent players we need to trade right now in my mind are; Garcon, Garnett, M.Smith, E.Mitchell, Ward, Armstead.

Haven't posted in forever it seems like, interested to see what the Zone thinks. Hang in there boys, we're closer than it seems, next year right?

Reuben Foster has been one disappointing performance after another but what makes it worse is he's made of glass. When he's healthy he either gets trucked and hurt or makes a stupid PI like yesterday. Dude is a liability.
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:
Reuben Foster has been one disappointing performance after another but what makes it worse is he's made of glass. When he's healthy he either gets trucked and hurt or makes a stupid PI like yesterday. Dude is a liability.

The time away from the team hurt him this year IMO. Also not certain and more the more X's & O's guys here can school me if necessary; the switch in positions I think hurt him a bit too, I wonder if flipping him and Warner might do both of them good? But you're right, he's not the killer he was last year. And it's not that he's made of glass, he plays recklessly and needs better tackling form to cut down on all these shoulder injuries.
Shanahan continues to prove my theory that undrafted RBs get shunned. He would rather play an injured Matt Breida every week and keep RAHEEM MOSTERT on the bench. Ridiculous.
The time away from the team hurt him this year IMO. Also not certain and more the more X's & O's guys here can school me if necessary; the switch in positions I think hurt him a bit too, I wonder if flipping him and Warner might do both of them good? But you're right, he's not the killer he was last year. And it's not that he's made of glass, he plays recklessly and needs better tackling form to cut down on all these shoulder injuries.

This is where losing Norton I think hurt. He's one of the best linebacker coaches in the league. Very good at teaching technique.
I definitely want to see them heal up for next year.
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:

He wasn't a killer last year he had 3 decent games the rest he was either hurt or underachieved in the others tbh. I'm sick and tired of our fan base pumping and hyping players and expectations lol makes us look like a stupid fan base but a lot of it is media hype they buy in to. Just frustrated man idk
I think if the player is going to need offseason surgery, then they should be shut down at this point imo. Should be a real JV barnburner game this Thursday with both teams decimated either by injury or trading away players.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Should probably shut down some of the healthy ones too
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Shanahan continues to prove my theory that undrafted RBs get shunned. He would rather play an injured Matt Breida every week and keep RAHEEM MOSTERT on the bench. Ridiculous.

How 'bout let them fully heal - AND bring in a whole new strength and conditioning team ? Plus, maybe a yoga coach for flexibility, and a new nutritionist. I'm serious - the amount of injuries is alarming, our guys seem way too brittle. At this point, this is all about next year anyway ..
he really needs to shut down Breida and Foster. s**t is getting ridiculous.

Said no 49er medical staff...ever.
Share 49ersWebzone