There are 293 users in the forums

Shut down injured players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

Shut down injured players?

Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Shanahan continues to prove my theory that undrafted RBs get shunned. He would rather play an injured Matt Breida every week and keep RAHEEM MOSTERT on the bench. Ridiculous.

Between that and the refusal to bench Foster, KS reeks of desperation.
Yes, Breida and Reuben should not play another snap until they're 100%.
I'd rest Foster and Breida. Others need to play.
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:
Originally posted by matt49er:
At 1-7 and playing pathetic football, the FQB on IR, safe to say this season is lost & all about building toward next season. Week in and week out it seems like we sustain more injuries and several guys are roughing it out & playing through injuries.

Simple yes or no question, should we shut down these guys until their 100% healthy even if that means for the season? I'm talking about guys who have a future with the team. Why let these guys struggle to play every week & risk long term injury? I'm thinking about players such as:

Matt Brieda
Rueben Foster
M.Williams
Witherspoon
Staley

On another note, some decent players we need to trade right now in my mind are; Garcon, Garnett, M.Smith, E.Mitchell, Ward, Armstead.

Haven't posted in forever it seems like, interested to see what the Zone thinks. Hang in there boys, we're closer than it seems, next year right?

Reuben Foster has been one disappointing performance after another but what makes it worse is he's made of glass. When he's healthy he either gets trucked and hurt or makes a stupid PI like yesterday. Dude is a liability.

Reuben Foster and probably any other LB for that matter has no business covering WR's. Blame our turd of a DC. I thought he was playing pretty well early in the game
Let scrubs play, see what we have. CJ sucks even as a back up, let's see what Mullins can do, maybe a better back up.
shut down the guys that aren't injury prone. Play the guys that are injury prone or think are injury prone to prove they're not injury prone.
Reuben.

• dj43
Every team in the league has some guys who have so many injuries that it will take them the entire season to recuperate...yet they are still playing.

If you shut down a player who wants to play and believes they still can, you send a message to the rest of the team that there is no urgency to winning, or even going out on the field unless you are 100%. You just can't run a football team that way.
Shut them down???

If I was the coach I'd have them doing the nutcracker drill on Monday morning. Wusses!
So today's narrative is shut down players with minor injuries but yet Trent Brown was a puss for not playing through his injuries? This place is absolutely insane!!

Originally posted by Izyniner:
So today's narrative is shut down players with minor injuries but yet Trent Brown was a puss for not playing through his injuries? This place is absolutely insane!!

Tust me. If there was video of TB pass blocking with one arm, there would of been a call to shut him down.
Yes for this season. You can't fix 1 - 7.
Shanahan continues to prove my theory that undrafted RBs get shunned. He would rather play an injured Matt Breida every week and keep RAHEEM MOSTERT on the bench. Ridiculous.

Breida was undrafted...
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Breida was undrafted...
Well yeah there is that little inconvience of truth. Oh yeah Mostert was on the bench cause he had a boo boo on his knee. Uh oh better sit him out until he is 100%.
[ Edited by Izyniner on Oct 29, 2018 at 9:32 PM ]
The simple fact that he's adamant on playing Breida until this guy's leg snaps off is a fire-able offense.

There is zero to gain by having Breida out there.
Share 49erswebzone