There are 282 users in the forums

Shut down injured players?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Shut down injured players?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by matt49er:
The time away from the team hurt him this year IMO. Also not certain and more the more X's & O's guys here can school me if necessary; the switch in positions I think hurt him a bit too, I wonder if flipping him and Warner might do both of them good? But you're right, he's not the killer he was last year. And it's not that he's made of glass, he plays recklessly and needs better tackling form to cut down on all these shoulder injuries.

This is where losing Norton I think hurt. He's one of the best linebacker coaches in the league. Very good at teaching technique.
Saleh was a LB coach...you would think out of any position on his D they would be somewhat disciplined....
Yes. Get reuben into surgery. After 8th loss. Shelve brieda too. Hes important.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Yes. Get reuben into surgery. After 8th loss. Shelve brieda too. Hes important.

foster diagnosed himself and has come to the conclusion that he's fine. No need for surgery.
I agree with shutting them down but f they do will they be able to field a team?
Join us on the tank express baby!
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Join us on the tank express baby!

We need vets like Frank on the team, that show these dudes how to work out, and man up to fight off some of these injuries.
idk why Sherman is playing. Might as well treat it like a preseason and see if any lower stringers can shine.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I agree with shutting them down but f they do will they be able to field a team?

We don't even have enough to field a team now. Tartt goes down and his replacement, Exum immediately goes down. Tyvis effing Powell has to play. Insta-TD.

Insane. We still have half a season to go through. Week 17 might be a full team of street FA's.
Originally posted by ltrain:
I think if the player is going to need offseason surgery, then they should be shut down at this point imo. Should be a real JV barnburner game this Thursday with both teams decimated either by injury or trading away players.

Totally agree!

The season's over and IMO play anyone who is on the bubble or worse and see what we have.

If we lose - SO WHAT!

They'll get experience and the ones who suck will get sent packing.

Then, we'll have a better draft position to get a franchise ER.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by matt49er:
The time away from the team hurt him this year IMO. Also not certain and more the more X's & O's guys here can school me if necessary; the switch in positions I think hurt him a bit too, I wonder if flipping him and Warner might do both of them good? But you're right, he's not the killer he was last year. And it's not that he's made of glass, he plays recklessly and needs better tackling form to cut down on all these shoulder injuries.

This is where losing Norton I think hurt. He's one of the best linebacker coaches in the league. Very good at teaching technique.
Saleh was a LB coach...you would think out of any position on his D they would be somewhat disciplined....

Yep but as a coordinator he's more involved in the whole defensive unit. Saleh is a solid linebacker coach so if that was all he was focusing on, they probably would be. Having a guy like Norton who would have soley concentrated on the linebackers would have been a huge plus. Not too mention his experience in the scheme is a big plus as well. Wish we would have kept him but I don't blame Kyle for letting him go for a better opportunity.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Oct 29, 2018 at 9:34 AM ]

It seems like every year we are building towards next season then when next season comes we still suck and were building towards the following season then that season we still suck its a pattern so who cares anymore nothing they do seems to work.
These guys are so soft anyway. Why even shut them down? They'll just get hurt next year.

Get the reps and keep grinding.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Shanahan continues to prove my theory that undrafted RBs get shunned. He would rather play an injured Matt Breida every week and keep RAHEEM MOSTERT on the bench. Ridiculous.

lol
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Shanahan continues to prove my theory that undrafted RBs get shunned. He would rather play an injured Matt Breida every week and keep RAHEEM MOSTERT on the bench. Ridiculous.

Between that and the refusal to bench Foster, KS reeks of desperation.
Yes, Breida and Reuben should not play another snap until they're 100%.
Share 49ersWebzone