There are 111 users in the forums

SF 49ERS @ AZ CARDINALS PRE GAMEDAY THREAD - 2018 Season Week 8

Wow....to lose this game against a bad team... What is the word? Disgraceful? Pathetic? Inexcusable?

Someone should lose his job after that absolute debacle....
Originally posted by ReubenSandwich509:
Originally posted by 4-islander-9:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
BTW: I'm 76 and who do you put the blame on this loss? The offense is pathetic and so is the defense.
At least in the past few years, they had a pretty decent defense.

Is this what you call a complete rebuild?

It's the 10 year rebuild. But once you get to year 6, you have to start all over again.

I know man it cracks me up when people say "we're only in year 2 of the rebuild be patient" 😂 5 years later

Pretty much every time we fire a head coach or GM, the rebuild restarts.

That's why people really don't want us to fire Shanahan or Lynch.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
BTW: I'm 76 and who do you put the blame on this loss? The offense is pathetic and so is the defense.

It's the 10 year rebuild. But once you get to year 6, you have to start all over again.

I know man it cracks me up when people say "we're only in year 2 of the rebuild be patient" 😂 5 years later

except in this case it would still be a complete teardown for a new regime next year, with our qb in place!!!!!
Originally posted by longterm9erfan:
Wow....to lose this game against a bad team... What is the word? Disgraceful? Pathetic? Inexcusable?

Someone should lose his job after that absolute debacle....

Nah, Kyle supports his boys. Fire Kyle!
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Barf

Barf. Swallow. Barf. Repeat.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Both teams are lacking play makers, bottom line is Shanny got out coached / Saleh got out coached.

Our depth blows because our GM didn't do much in the offseason. Talent evaluation blows...

Pinion is a below average, veteran punter, might as well cut him tonight and bring in tryouts.

This

I guess people are forgetting that CJ was Shanny's hand-selected guy in 2017 touted as the "best QB in the draft" that year. He had "some of the same things Kurt Cousins had" right? So if you eval was so off that your hand-selected QB can't win is an incredible admission to me. I mean seriously if you just want someone who you can hike the ball to and hand it off, don't make the pick until Round 6 right? LOL
Shannahandamawin
I mean we had Myles Garrett #1 on our big board in 2017. If we get the #1 pick it should be a layup.

So you think Solomon Thomas was a great pick?

At this point id be fine with firing either, rookie GM and coach combo hasnt worked out too well.

Kyle has struggled to win games, even against weak teams. Lynch blew the most valuable draft pick the 49ers have had in years.
[ Edited by GMniner805 on Oct 28, 2018 at 5:18 PM ]

I think no honest fan wants them fired. Not yet, at least not for a couple of more years.
But when you lose twice to what should be the worst team in football but isn't, thanks to us, it's just difficult to be a long term believer.

Originally posted by Nastastical:
Everyone wants to blame Shanny for being too conservative, but when he's aggressive and CJ screws up, they blame him for that too. I don't get it.

Is this your first time following the NFL?

It's a good/smart move if it WORKS. It's a bad/dumb move if it doesn't. This is a results-based league so that's just how it is.

I definitely get it. It just seems like our fanbase just loves to complain about every damn thing like we were supposed to win it all this season and KS and JL are screwing things up.

Stop trying to burn the franchise down because we caught a bad break in week 3. Sh*t happens.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Anyone else thrilled we lost? I am, f**k moral victory's I want help in the rebuild process with a high pick, maybe trade back since we suck at drafting high
Originally posted by bud49:
What makes it worse is they get beat by a rookie QB and rookie HC. Twice.

Totally agree....just inexcusable... I think the organization really needs to take a very hard look at the coaching staff next year and make some changes. The defense just can't seem to make a play when it counts. How about at least one blitz on that last drive Saleh?.... They were going to score anyway....why not try something different?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by BayToBrazil:
Haha...I know, I was kidding...he should have hobbled onto the field and he could have snapped it better.

This season in one word.....injury

It's crazy never seen anything like it

Interesting you state that. During the London game earlier, the usual Game Day morning NFLN Crew
mentioned the same thing of the Jaguars. Seemingly -- and I watch more than the Niners -- many team
are missing loads of players. I can't recall injuries on this level ever.
Everyone wants to blame Shanny for being too conservative, but when he's aggressive and CJ screws up, they blame him for that too. I don't get it.

Is this your first time following the NFL?

It's a good/smart move if it WORKS. It's a bad/dumb move if it doesn't. This is a results-based league so that's just how it is.

I definitely get it. It just seems like our fanbase just loves to complain about every damn thing like we were supposed to win it all this season and KS and JL are screwing things up.

Stop trying to burn the franchise down because we caught a bad break in week 3. Sh*t happens.

No! The team is getting worse, not better
Share 49erswebzone