LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

QB Tom Savage Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I hope he never see's the field.
We want Savage... We want Savage... We want Savage.... hahahhahaah just kidding.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

of all the things kyle could talk about on this team. who the second and third string qb is not one of them
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by cciowa:
enjoy this signing boys. this is the only thing lynch will do to improve our team this year

I hope your crystal ball is far from crystal clear.
me to,. but i fear lynch is what he is

Foster was the first guy on the bandwagon.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

of all the things kyle could talk about on this team. who the second and third string qb is not one of them

Media asked him a question, he answered.

Blame the media.
Back in the pre-internet day, this news would be nothing but the 3rd bullet point item on page 5 of the Wednesday Niners Notes in the Sporting Green.

All things being equal, it's still just that.
Originally posted by dj43:
Savage isn't going to take the team to the playoffs, however, we need to respect the idea that he has some familiarity with Kyle's style of offense. There isn't time to train anyone from a completely different offense. Just having someone to take snaps if Beathard gets nicked and needs a day off from time to time.

Teams often make this kind of move. I just read a on a news group I get that KC has signed Jeff Allen to help out due to injuries to two starters on their OL. The reason given was that he was familiar with Reid's system.

Take it for what it's worth. It is what teams do.

are you saying Bill O'Briens offense is similar to Shanny? I haven't heard that before.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Was that a seizure
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
enjoy this signing boys. this is the only thing lynch will do to improve our team this year

You call this an improvement. Now I know you're full of hot air
Savage is around this year as coverage if Beathard gets hurt. If Beathard finishes the year strong, we could see him dealt for a high pick and then Savage moves into the backup role next year after learning the offense this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

What else signing should he do right now that makes sense and make an impact?

make a pitch for cooper. bring up the 7th round draft choice, i am sure there are some names of players out there who are on the trade block that could help us. of course you will find a reason to be critical of my ideas as I assume you are just fine with the team the way it is. just fine that we continue to find ways to lose games. just fine with the horrible defense the team play in the last two drives vs the packers we have to protect the coaches you know . that is the reason we have three threads for the dc. god forbid if they were three negative threads about him. i am sure you guys would shut them down in a new york minute

For one please stop with the "Mods are bias" talk, I believe I've been pretty critical of the defense and Saleh. And no I'm not fine with the way the team is, but I unlike some I do take into consideration how much injuries this team has been hit with.

Also how do you know Lynch is not trying to wheel and deal as we speak? I think it's pretty ignorant to think that Lynch is fine with the team and is doing nothing to change this roster, when in fact Lynch and Shanahan had a 40%+ roster turnover last off season. Let's see what else moves they've made in the 1 and a half seasons Lynch and Shanahan has been with the team shall we:

0. Sign Pro Bowl FB Kyle Juszczyk.
1.Traded for Laken Tomlinson. Sure not the blockbuster trade you would hope for but he's been a solid starter since arriving in SF.
2. Heavily pursued Kirk Cousins in the off season, we all know how that went.
3. Traded for Jimmy Garoppolo. They tried to trade for him before the 2017 season but finally got him Oct. 30th. Went 5-0 as a starter and signed to a $137 million contract.
4. Attempted to trade for Aquib Talib and had a deal in place till he decided to reunite with Wade Phillips.
5. Inquired about Marcus Peters, probably didn't think his antics were worth a 2nd round pick.
6. Signed a starting Center in Weston Richburgh, IMO major upgrade to Kilgore.
7. Signed Jerrick McKinnon, manage to outbid NYJ for McKinnon's services.
8. Quickly signed one of the best CB's in the NFL in Richard Sherman.
9. Heavily pursued Khalil Mack, whether or not you guys believe Lynch or not, let's face it Oakland was not going to trade him across the Bay. When have they ever worked out a trade between the two teams?
10. Drafted a very solid starting RT in Mike McGlinchey.

Notable moves that have made a impact:

Picked up Sheldon Day off waivers. Has made an impact as a rotational D-lineman right off the bat.
Picked up Cassius Marsh off waivers. Sure he's not everyone's very player, but he's made a small teeny tiny impact on the defense. Better than nothing.

Now all this is off the top of my head, now I ask you how many moves did the previous regime make from 2014-2016? And now do you think Lynch is just standing pat and watching the team go down in flames? Honestly? Sure Lynch isn't going on an all out spending spree like Les Snead, but did Les Snead do what he did in the off season every year he's been the GM?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Was that a seizure

I think it was actually. If I remember right, the Texans and the NFL got torn apart because he played the next play or came back in a couple plays later.
Share 49ersWebzone